Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you live at your business?

Well, I hate the idea of not having home businesses, that's what I was most excited for, but I'm just wondering if it'd be possible to live at your business place? Like, could I make a bedroom, kitchen etc. on the second floor and live there?

Comments

• Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    Oh and, no I did not do any research to see if anyone answered this question already. ;):p
  • Options
    ProMarshmallowProMarshmallow Posts: 77 Member
    There was rumours that they might be adding locked doors so if they do that would be cool. By the way yes you can put a bed and toilet and stuff at your business
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    No. You can not have your place of business as your primary residence. You will need a home lot, even if you rarely go there. The gurus have stated that some things can't be done on a commercial lot and you will need to on occasion pop by your little plot of land with the mailbox and do things. Like pay bills.

Still, you can probably spend as much time as you like at your shop. Don't expect customers to stay out of your refrigerator or off your computer, though. Locked doors are being looked into but it is highly unlikely they'll be in the EP.
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    Thanks guy, and dang I hope they introduce the ability to lock doors... It can't be that hard to do, can it?
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Can you not pay bills on your phone from any lot atm them? I'm sure I've done it tho.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    ShaneyBoy wrote: »
    Thanks guy, and dang I hope they introduce the ability to lock doors... It can't be that hard to do, can it?

It doesn't seem like it would be a hard thing to do, but then I don't know what background stuff has to happen in order for them to add it. A lot of us want there to be a few options, so that would make it harder. I'm pretty sure they have it on one of their lists though.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Jaysim88 wrote: »
    Can you not pay bills on your phone from any lot atm them? I'm sure I've done it tho.
    I don't think so but if we can't I think they should make it so we can. You might be able to pay using a computer on another lot... you think I'd know this stuff by now.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    If you don't live at home you won't need to pay bills.

Also the Guru's said you are able to live above your Business.
  • Options
    RebcoonRebcoon Posts: 157 Member
    edited March 2015
    But whats happens if you remove your mailbox and place one at the retail lot..? Dont the mail man come to the retail lot and everything is fine and livable? (Buyable mailboxes mod)
    Post edited by Rebcoon on
  • Options
    RebcoonRebcoon Posts: 157 Member

Yes you can! I always do it
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    beccz96 wrote: »

Yes you can! I always do it

Same here.