Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game is suddenly all buggy...

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-01%20at%203.32.00%20PM_zpssbrnj2qt.png

I have no idea what's happened but it's now on every household I play. Anyone know what I can do?

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Post your DxDiag.
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Post all of it. Not some of it.
  • Options
    michellecbus81michellecbus81 Posts: 107 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Downloaded any mods or cc lately that might be doing it?

No mods or custom content. I did use the testing cheats true to change the last names of my Sims who married into the family but that's it.
  • Options
    colton147 wrote: »
    Post your DxDiag.
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Post all of it. Not some of it.

I'm on a Mac.
  • Options

That told me there is no answer. lol

It's not my Mac...I legit JUST bought it a week ago. Fully loaded 27" iMac. The game has never looked or run better than it does now...until this thing.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Have you tried to Repair the game? You can right click the game in your My Games tab and choose Repair. It might take a few minutes, but maybe it would help. I just did it yesterday to fix a fridge and cooking bug.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    KATENESS wrote: »
    Have you tried to Repair the game? You can right click the game in your My Games tab and choose Repair. It might take a few minutes, but maybe it would help. I just did it yesterday to fix a fridge and cooking bug.

Oh, I will try this. Thanks!
  • Options
  • Options
    Post it all.
  • Options
    Screen%20Shot%202015-03-01%20at%203.53.53%20PM_zpszpc91lt1.png

This is it.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Try repairing your game via Origin.

EDIT: It also looks like you have enabled laptop mode, try disabling it via game options.
  • Options

This fixed it...thanks SO much!
  • Options
    amandajoy27amandajoy27 Posts: 167 Member
    Will that mess up any of the gameplay that we have played by doing that? Hope that make sense!

8yz411.jpg

Add me on Origin ID: Amanda3024
  • Options
    Try repairing your game via Origin.

EDIT: It also looks like you have enabled laptop mode, try disabling it via game options.

Just checked, it is not enabled but thanks.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Will that mess up any of the gameplay that we have played by doing that? Hope that make sense!

Repair Game shouldn't touch gameplay at all, but you can make sure by backing up your The Sims 4 folder first.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    amandajoy27amandajoy27 Posts: 167 Member

Repair Game shouldn't touch gameplay at all, but you can make sure by backing up your The Sims 4 folder first.

Thanks
    8yz411.jpg

Add me on Origin ID: Amanda3024
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Hope you get it sorted
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited March 2015
    Sometimes weird things happen upon from return from CAS. The problem you had happened to me when I changed a sims last name via cas.fulleditmode. Another time something similar happened when I was just choosing outfits.

You can either exit without saving or if possible just travel to another lot. Everything went back to normal for me. This glitch doesn't happen every time, I think only 3 times so far.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Just as an update, I had this happen again and repairing the game fixed the problem and didn't affect my game saves at all. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Downloaded any mods or cc lately that might be doing it?

No mods or custom content. I did use the testing cheats true to change the last names of my Sims who married into the family but that's it.

You probably didn't know about this cheat causing problems in the game since you just bought it. The developers said it was kind of a use at your own risk type thing awhile ago, so no clue if there are any plans to fix this.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    My game did that one time I was playing, but never again. I have no idea why it started or why it stopped.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited March 2015
    I've had this happen to me several times. One time my sim ended up on the secret lot from outdoor retreat with his house floating somewhere off in the far distance. I made my sim travel to nightclub and when he came home all was normal.
    Edit: I have no mods and no cc
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    This happens to me on a regular basis in Umbridge Manor whenever I attempt to change the kid's haircolor. The lot merges with the top corner neighbourhood in Oasis Springs. I just exit without saving and gave up on trying to change his hair color. Weirder stories.

For me, it happens when using CAS. No cheating, just changing haircolor.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5