Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Repair Query

I have a query about the requirement to repair the game and how frequently this has happened to people. I literally, just got the game on Monday, installed it and have a family I've played on and off for the last few days and this morning I already got the inability to go to the fridge bug. I repaired the game, though I haven't checked if the repair worked as I had to go to work, but I'm curious how frequently I'll have to be doing this, since the game didn't even last a week before it had a 'game breaking' error with my sims unable to eat. Anyone have this error frequently? I have no mods and no CC, the game is brand new and fully patched. I play in offline mode.
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    This has been a hard one to pin down the cause for. I've been playing the game since September and have never experienced this bug (knock wood), but others seem to get it over and over. I've only had to repair the game once. It was right after a patch, and it changed some of the icons in the GUI to flying llamas (it was crazy-looking; I only read of perhaps two others experiencing it). That was it.
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    Thanks @MsPhy. It's a shame that bugs like this are occurring as to me, they're game breaking. Basically, in my case, my sims will die of hunger unless I repair the game and it works. Hopefully it doesn't happen again as I'm one of those people who really, really did not want to buy this game but did at my daughter's urging and I hate to think I've been had.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley