Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So many Boys!

So since ive been playing this one family, I decided I wanted to try and get one boy and one girl. Well, first i got one boy, and then another boy, and then another boy! The Female sim is currently pregnant with her 4th child, fingers crossed its a girl this time! My goodness!

Comments

• Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I've had the opposite happen in my current family. I just want a boy to balance out all the girls my sim keeps on having lol
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    Good luck! Let us know what the 4th child is. On another note this aspect really makes me miss the apples and watermelons thing from Sims 3 so that we already would know what the sex is. It didn't have to be used, but I liked that that option was there for the people who wanted/needed a certain gender.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    Good luck! Let us know what the 4th child is. On another note this aspect really makes me miss the apples and watermelons thing from Sims 3 so that we already would know what the sex is. It didn't have to be used, but I liked that that option was there for the people who wanted/needed a certain gender.

Heck, even in TS2 you could reload before a sim gives birth because the gender is randomized at birth. I hate how it's determined at conception in TS4. It's so....realistic. :( The best you can do is change the baby's sex using cas.fulleditmode once it grows into a child.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    SadieD123 wrote: »

Heck, even in TS2 you could reload before a sim gives birth because the gender is randomized at birth. I hate how it's determined at conception in TS4. It's so....realistic. :( The best you can do is change the baby's sex using cas.fulleditmode once it grows into a child.

It's funny when you said it's so realistic. I guess that's one thing in Sims 4 that is very much so based off of real life. I like realism to an extent, but it's good to be unrealistic in things like this. Especially when it'd take 3-5 whole sim days to see the result. Yeah, you could just start over from before you got the sim pregnant and then go through the pregnancy all over again, but 'aint nobody got time for that!
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited February 2015
    If your okay with mods, I'd recommend the Pregnacy Mega Mod. It totally saved my sim family from having almost 200 children lol. It really helps if it's a certain gender or even if you'd like a multiple births (or even prevent it xD).
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    artistichippie2009artistichippie2009 Posts: 115 Member
    > @Dreamie209 said:
    > If your okay with mods, I'd recommend the Pregnacy Mega Mod. It totally saved my sim family from having almost 200 children lol. It really helps if it's a certain gender or even if you'd like a multiple births (or even prevent it xD).

Thats a neat mod! I am always open to ways to enrich and enhance the game :D
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    mbooks91 wrote: »
    So since ive been playing this one family, I decided I wanted to try and get one boy and one girl. Well, first i got one boy, and then another boy, and then another boy! The Female sim is currently pregnant with her 4th child, fingers crossed its a girl this time! My goodness!

My mom had 5 boys before she had me. It happens, lol.

True. My mom has 4 sisters and no brothers. On a totally unrelated note, those sisters form two pairs of enemies. Huh.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    > @Dreamie209 said:
    > If your okay with mods, I'd recommend the Pregnacy Mega Mod. It totally saved my sim family from having almost 200 children lol. It really helps if it's a certain gender or even if you'd like a multiple births (or even prevent it xD).

Yeah it helped me a bunch! Just remember that once your sim is pregnant, you have the chance to alter her pregnancy type (gender, multiples) or just let nature run it's course :D
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    I never ever get girls. Never ever have I had a female baby. I have to use mods and cheats.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,955 Member
    > @Dreamie209 said:

Thanks for this. When I do let my sims have kids I like twins so they play together. And I like girls much better. ;) Two boys in real life so I love playing little girls. :)
  • Options
    SophieElizabethAnnSophieElizabethAnn Posts: 616 Member
    One of my sims had 5 boys and I was running out of space so badly but the last child was a girl! It was awesome. XD
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I got five girls before I finally got three boy triplets in a family. It's very random how it happens.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    jacquelineojacquelineo Posts: 38 Member
    I just had four girls in a row during my 100 baby challenge.
  • Options
    .....Another boy! XD Thats it! Im getting that mod and i will get my girl! LOL!
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I keep having boys too ... and they're all twins :|

Though they cleared that up with the patch, now every household I leave a pregnant sim in has twins and most of the time they are all boys.

Girls became super rare now, have one of them pregnant and hope it's a girl too. Won't stop 'till she has a girl, don't care if it takes 20 pregnancies.
  • Options
    Wonder if the next patch will fix it for me? hmm, any idea when the next patch is comming anyways?
  • Options
    jacquelineojacquelineo Posts: 38 Member
    I had another girl in my 100 baby challenge. My total number is now 10 babies. 7 girls to 3 boys