Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who would buy a Simlish language book?!

MollyG1997MollyG1997 Posts: 299 Member
You know..so you could learn Simlish or to see what your Sims in game would be saying. I would totally buy it!
CAGyZIg.gif
hello neiiigghhhhbour

Comments

• Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I think there would be a market for it, after all there are people who have learned how to speak Elvish and Clingon :)
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    I don't think most of Simlish is actually real words that could be translated. Unlike other fantasy genre languages, it's designed so that the voiced interactions don't get too repetitive, being the same thing over and over and over. Since it is more or less gibberish, it doesn't get annoying. There are websites that translate specific words, like dagdag and nooboo, but I think the test is just stylized gobbledygook. I could see some novelty in, for example, a photo book with screen shots of your sims captioned in "Simlish." But I doubt an actual "learn to Simlish" book is possible.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    I would defiantly take simlish over spanish
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I guess they speak Simlish so every language can relate. It would be so hard for the game to translate in every language.
    I guess I like it because I have a hearing problem, so I rely on their actions and emotions at the time.
    Maybe that is why I like Sims 4, I understand them better. I know when they are sad, down, happy, or like someone by their emotions.
    But a simlish book would be fun to read.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Simlish is a language created by Will Wright and first appeared in SimCopter. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simlish

If you want to learn the language then look at http://learnsimlish.blogspot.dk/p/simlish-dictionary.html

It is actually a real language. Just a simple one which isn't meant to be understood because we would then know much too well how repetitive and primitive the conversations in the game actually are ;)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Well i would not buy such a book
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have a RL, so no I would not.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I really adored in TS3 the stereo would play RL songs, sung in Simish by the RL artists. Have they done that in TS4 at all?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    I rather learn a language that can be useful for me in real life.
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    I think what would be more interesting is stories written using Simlish for the dialogue, so that the reader has to discern the intent behind the conversation by what else is going on in the scene... And even then every interpretation could be different. I've read a few Simlish stories like this on tumblr and they're fantastic.
  • Options
    Glen_CocoGlen_Coco Posts: 16 New Member
    why would i do such thing.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    No, I wouldn't buy it. The whole idea of having a simlish language is so that the player can decide what the sims are talking about. It's actually a crucial part to letting the player make their own story.
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited February 2015
    all of that stuff is already on the net via google...

It's just a list of silly words- it's not like simlish has syntax and grammar rules...
  • Options
    BobTheLlamaBobTheLlama Posts: 192 Member
    Neeshga.
  • Options
    emochild67emochild67 Posts: 120 Member
    tumblr_mpsnbyhkWc1sohjkvo1_400.gif

All in favor, raise your hand.