Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Much Do You Get Back from NanoTrashCan?

How much do you get back when you use the nanotrashcan?

It used to be $20 for me, but then it went to $40, continued to climb to $50, and now some of my households get back $60 per plate.

Is this happening to others? Is this the way it should work?

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I usually get around 10 to 20 simoleons back when I use the nano trashcan. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    @sunman502, that's how it used to be for me. I got $10 when a Sim emptied into the trash, and $20 when I dragged and dropped. Now drag and drop is giving me $60. I'm wondering about this more now since @litabelaqua pointed out the calculation error with selling produce from the inventory system.

Similar error?
  • Options
    emluckysunshineemluckysunshine Posts: 58 Member
    I may be wrong with this but I believe you receive $10 per Sim. When I first purchased the trash can I received $30 & I had 3 Sims in my household. I now have 7 Sims & receive $70. With each Sim it went up by $10. I have 4 in another household with the trash can & receive $40. So again, I may be wrong & someone can correct me if I am, but I believe this is the logic behind it. Hope this helps. ;)
  • Options
    Also, you do receive more simoleons if you drag it to the trash can. If the Sim clears the dishes you receive less.
  • Options
    I may be wrong with this but I believe you receive $10 per Sim. When I first purchased the trash can I received $30 & I had 3 Sims in my household. I now have 7 Sims & receive $70. With each Sim it went up by $10. I have 4 in another household with the trash can & receive $40. So again, I may be wrong & someone can correct me if I am, but I believe this is the logic behind it. Hope this helps. ;)

@emluckysunshine, thanks, I think you are right, that may be the pattern now. But, is that how it was before? Or is this a change?
  • Options
    Also, you do receive more simoleons if you drag it to the trash can. If the Sim clears the dishes you receive less.

Yes, thanks. That was they way it's been all along.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @greenXen I believe it has been this way since the beginning. I've had the trash can in the same household since the game came out & it has always been the same for me. :)
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    It is §10 per sim you have.
  • Options
    colton147 wrote: »
    It is §10 per sim you have.
    I don't know about that. I have households with up to seven sims, and I still only get around 10 to 20 simoleons back when I use those things. :\

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    40 simoleons to 70 just depends
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    GrumpyCatGrumpyCat Posts: 28 Member
    I get 80 simoleons in a family of 8 sims.
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    It is 10 simoleons per number of household sims if you dump the plates or rubbish. If a sim scrapes off a plate or dumps a bag of trash then it seems to be only 10 simoleons.
  • Options
    EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    I must admit I didn't realise that bin paid money, I just got used to things popping up all over the place without meaning and never really gave it much thought, that means when the maid uses it she is technically generating me money by using that bin. I'll have to give her a big tip next time so I don't feel like I'm running some sort of slave labour camp. No wonder she spends most of the time just standing about, staring in a bewildered state.
  • Options
    GeorgiaTehSimmerGeorgiaTehSimmer Posts: 213 Member
    I only get 10 simoleons at a time
  • Options
    cutiekittenxxxcutiekittenxxx Posts: 46 Member
    i get 20 simoleons and i have 2 sims. Does anyone know the reasoning behind why we get money? Doesn't make sense, i wish that would happen in actual life. :')
  • Options
    ChazLee86ChazLee86 Posts: 296 Member
    you get 10 simoleons per sim in your household for each plate/cup/glass if you drag plates into trash can. But if a sim scrapes food in it's just 10 simoleons ... I think that's right.
    http://sims4100babies.blogspot.co.uk/ Check it out! Enjoy as the drama unravels...
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited February 2015
    It rather seems to me 10 § per item that still contains remains (of food or the like).
    (that is, if a Sim uses the Nanotrashcan)

For example, if you have 4 dishes, but only 2 contain food remains, that would be 20 §.
    (which is why I rarely ever have seen more than 10 § so far ... my Sims almost always eat up)
  • Options
    ebomb23ebomb23 Posts: 242 Member
    I'm with @EmberDahl, I had no idea that it paid out.
    UhDsviD.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    i get 20 simoleons and i have 2 sims. Does anyone know the reasoning behind why we get money? Doesn't make sense, i wish that would happen in actual life. :')
    You could think of it as recycling. That's what I assume anyways. This was pretty big when I lived in Cali... Could easily get $30 for 3-4 bags of cans.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DinahMoosDinahMoos Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2015
    My sim is doing the 100 baby challenge, and has 8 sims in her household. I get 80 which is really helpful :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    How much do you get back when you use the nanotrashcan?

It used to be $20 for me, but then it went to $40, continued to climb to $50, and now some of my households get back $60 per plate.

Is this happening to others? Is this the way it should work?

For plates, it depends on the number of Sims in the household -- so if your Sim moves in someone else, it'll go from $10 to $20, when they have a kid it'll go up to $30, etc.

For garbage (like after you repair an object) it seems to be a straight $10.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    DinahMoos wrote: »
    My sim is doing the 100 baby challenge, and has 8 sims in her household. I get 80 which is really helpful :)

I find it helpful as well. That trash can is one of the first upgrades my sims get when enough simoleons roll in. It's like the meal pays for itself and then some.
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    edited August 2015
    Too bad it isn't like this in real life.

eta: what does 'Zagadoo' mean? The disagree button is messing up for me & saying 'Zagadoo' instead of "disagree', I refreshed the page and it's the same. Weird.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    jusMeh wrote: »

eta: what does 'Zagadoo' mean? The disagree button is messing up for me & saying 'Zagadoo' instead of "disagree', I refreshed the page and it's the same. Weird.
    Lol.., it is saying that for me too now... Must be simlish!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    jusMeh wrote: »

Lol.., it is saying that for me too now... Must be simlish!
    It is Simlish for disagree. At least that that's how SimGuruDrake said it to be. :)