Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will CC and Mods work

Comments

• Options
    AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    Haha, well I can't help you there. :stuck_out_tongue: I've only got issues with script mods.
    Thanks! :smile: So far I'm impressed with the game.
  • Options
    Does CC on sims prevent uploading them to the exchange? If my sim has CC it won't upload. It's weird.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    AndyBrains wrote: »
    Does CC on sims prevent uploading them to the exchange? If my sim has CC it won't upload. It's weird.

It shouldn't, there hundreds of sims on the gallery with cc.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    @AndyBrains, I will bet it is there. You have to click on the Advanced drop down and then tick 'show custom content'.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thanks didn't even realize that was an option.
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    It fools the best of us @AndyBrains :) It is particularly frustrating if you are playing offline - as I had to do on my old PC - because you need to be in the Gallery to set it.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    @SimGuruM0dSquad‌ I tried to delete the resource file and tried to edit it again but it wouldn't start at all. I ended up repairing the game instead after restarting my Mac and trying to repair the game a few times. It's working fine now but sometimes I miss the CC hair.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    tarynkaybtarynkayb Posts: 60 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm having the same issue as @EAfan99‌ when trying to edit the resource file (with forward slashes as suggested). I deleted the file and let it regenerate, but when I edit the file, it crashes with "Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game." and I have to delete it again in order for the game to boot.
  • Options
    FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    @tarynkayb: have you tried to edit the file without having any mods or custom content in the folder? If you have then changing your resource.cfg will allow the game to load the mods, and potentially crash the game. Try it without having any mods installed.

Alternatively I have uploaded a working resource.cfg file here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6618468/TS4Mods/Resource.cfg
    Played since The Sims 1 and now makes mods for The Sims 4:
    Gender Less - Gender neutral pronouns and titles
    Hidden Highlight - Removes the white outline
    Unlocked CAS Parts - Unlocks hidden CAS items
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    If you look at the original thread on MTS, the OP has already modified the Resource.cfg file as there is a link at the end of their post. I downloaded it, replaced my original file (but kept the original just in case) and my game started up just fine.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    @SimGuruM0dSquad‌ I tried to delete the resource file and tried to edit it again but it wouldn't start at all. I ended up repairing the game instead after restarting my Mac and trying to repair the game a few times. It's working fine now but sometimes I miss the CC hair.

The guru you tagged was banned? :o
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

I just realized that it was a misspelling in the tagging. it's supposed to be @SimGuruModSquad‌ not @SimGuruM0dSquad‌. Oops lol must've been more tired then I thought.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options

I just realized that it was a misspelling in the tagging. it's supposed to be @SimGuruModSquad‌ not @SimGuruM0dSquad‌. Oops lol must've been more tired then I thought.

LOL, oh I just realized it too now that you pointed it out. I was gonna say! :#
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    @msarobix‌ The file to delete is "Documents->Electronic Arts->The Sims 4->Mods->Resource.cfg". The game will regenerate this file on launch in the correct Mac format and CC out of subdirectories will work again.

Thanks.
  • Options
    toootickitoooticki Posts: 10 New Member
    edited February 2015
    @SimGuruModSquad
    Hi! I'm not sure if my question belongs here, but I'll give it a try. I installed The Sims 4 on my Macbook Pro yesterday. I'm crazy about cc, so I've downloaded about 500 pieces of clothes, furniture etc. When I put them in my Mods-folder and start up the game it crashes immediately. It doesn't seem like all cc isn't working because some of it works fine but a lot of it just makes the game crash. I've had all of this cc installed on my sisters computer which is a regular PC. Why won't the cc work on my Macbook?

The game works fine without cc.
  • Options
    CourfeyracCourfeyrac Posts: 81 Member
    @SimGuruModSquad @toooticki I've been having a similar problem. I've been gradually adding in my CC to my game, most of it has been fine and I've been weeding out problem pieces that cause the game to crash.

I've added in a few bits of make up (7 package files) and some shoes (10 package files) all with no problem. After that I started adding in clothes, a few at a time. I've now successfully added in 79 package files of clothing. But when I try to add in any more package files (of any kind -- I've tried with more clothing, wall coverings and accessories) the game starts to load up and then at the title screen it thinks, "This is too much, I can't go on!" and promptly quits itself, sometimes (but not always) giving me this message:

pWS0kdr.png

I'm certain it's not the specific CC items causing this, as I've also tried taking out all my clothing and putting in my CC wall coverings, and the game runs fine. So there seems to be something weird going on with the game and the amount of CC it can handle. My entire Mods folder is about 80MB, if that's relevant.

Is there some sort of CC limit for Mac? Is it something that can be fixed in a patch or something?
  • Options
    alyssaxxamazin19alyssaxxamazin19 Posts: 24 Member
    So far, my mod seems to be working and loading fine. I found that when i went into Options and clicked off Enabled Script Mods thats when my game crashed at start up, but then i managed to get out of it (i had the mod installed completely wrong....)
  • Options
    SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    @toooticki‌ It sounds like you are hitting the known script mods crash. Remove all script mods (which will be .zip files) from your Mods dir and see if that corrects the issue. We are working on a fix for that issue.

@Courfeyrac‌ Thanks for your thoroughness in helping try to track down the CC crash. The mac does not have a limit of # of CC items. Interestingly the error message you posted is complaining about a system unrelated to mods failing to initialize. Is there a clear correlation between the mods and this message? (i.e. with your mods folder it always fails to launch this way and without the mods folder it always works) If so would you be willing/able to post the 80MB of mods somewhere like dropbox so I could take a look? I know that's a big request so no problem if you can't. We are attempting similar tests here but have not been able to reproduce an issue quite like what you describe. Thanks,
  • Options
    @SimGuruModSquad Hmm. I'm not really sure what you mean :) I only have .package files in my Mods-folder. I don't have any .zip-files.
  • Options
    I have an example of one piece of cc that makes my game crash for sure. It's Kijiko's 3D Lashes. h t t p ://kijiko.catfood.jp/dcitems4/3d-lashes/
    I can start the game and open up CAS. But as soon as I click on these lashes the game crashes. @SimGuruModSquad
  • Options
    @Courfeyrac‌ I have been able to reproduce your issue, no need to supply your mods folder, thanks.

@toooticki‌ YES! Got the crash.

Thanks a ton guys.
  • Options
    CourfeyracCourfeyrac Posts: 81 Member
    @Courfeyrac‌ I have been able to reproduce your issue, no need to supply your mods folder, thanks.

@toooticki‌ YES! Got the crash.

Thanks a ton guys.

Haha, I was right in the middle of uploading it! Never mind, I'm glad you were able to reproduce the issue, so I know it's not just my computer being kooky. :p

If you still need an answer to your question about the error message: there definitely seems to be a correlation. With the successfully installed CC or no CC at all, the game loads without a problem. It's only when I try to add in more CC that it crashes and gives me that message.

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Oh that's great :) glad I could help! If I find more examples like this, would you like me to post them here? Or maybe one is enough? :) @SimGuruModSquad
  • Options
    @toooticki‌ If you find more examples, would love to get them for sure. Thanks!
  • Options
    tarynkaybtarynkayb Posts: 60 Member
    The majority of my custom hair will crash the game on start up, but I can't pinpoint it to specific hairs because it's so inconsistent =/ On one boot, a certain hair will play well and the game starts fine; then on the next, the hair crashes it.