Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Intel HD 4000 graphics cards

Comments

• Options
    hrt365hrt365 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora thank you this fixed it time for siming!!!
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    hrt365 wrote: »
    > @BluebellFlora thank you this fixed it time for siming!!!

:)

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Here is a supported list of graphics cards in case you are guys are wondering. :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774696/updated-supported-graphics-card-list-the-sims-4-edition/p1
  • Options
    QueenDivettaQueenDivetta Posts: 1,332 Member
    BluebellFlora, I remember you from Sims 3 forums. Have you heard anything about glitches with the Origin client and Mac users? My origin slows down when downloading until it hits 0 network speed and I have to restart origin to reconnect - about every 30 seconds. This causes the download to take hours and even days to complete, with monitoring needed every 30 seconds or so (so nearly impossible).

It's happened to me with two different games and on two different wifi connections (each with super fast connection and no interruptions). I haven't been able to play yet or find a solution, although I've found others with this issue. Please let me know if you can help!
  • Options
    Lucario126Lucario126 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Same thing happening to me. If anybody wants to see, I made a post about it before seeing if anybody else had the problem. Can't post links; too new. Basically, here is what I said:

"Hello everybody! I just wanted to say that after a few times of the Sims 4 opening and running beautifully, there has been graphic issues. These graphic issues were not like the ones on PC, but simply different. I would add screenshots to show you guys, but I can't because my computer freezes on the menu screen then has a panic attack (technical term, has to restart because something went wrong). I've been waiting for a long time to play this on Mac, and I know it has just come out, but does anybody know any solution to this? I'm pretty sure my graphics cards are up to date.

SPECS:
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)
    Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Thanks, guys. :)

-Lucario126"
  • Options
    ericagrunwald424ericagrunwald424 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > crinrict wrote: »
    >
    > elinedgg wrote: »
    >
    > I don't mind having to play on low but is there any way that I can reset the video settings without having to go in-game? Because I can't even reach the in-game options right now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Just move the options.ini file in your documents folder to the desktop. That should reset the options.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Beat me to it! I'm blogging as well because the hits I'm getting are ridiculous with people wanting a solution.

This didn't work for me :(
  • Options
    Molda123Molda123 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the CAS problem, everything is all pixelated.

SPECS:
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
    Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 512mb
    Ram: 8GB
  • Options
    Lucario126Lucario126 Posts: 3 New Member
    Removing options.ini from your documents folder works for me. I was even able to set it back to my normal high settings and restart multiple times without getting the graphics issue. If it happens again, I guess I will just rinse and repeat. I mean, we might as well just use that (for the people it happens to work with) as a temporary fix that you might have to perform multiple times until EA fixes this.
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    apple computers are not made for gaming period
  • Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    I don't have those particular graphics but I'm using HD 3000 with everything on medium except for Edge smoothing and View Distance. Edge smoothing is low and view distance is high. Oh and I'm using laptop mode and Post Processing Effects turned on. There are a few moments of lagging but overall it runs a lot smoother. Now with CC i don't know about just yet.

I figured if this is all going great for me with a lower graphics card it should be better for someone with a high graphics card.

I also have intel hd 3000 and it is running great on all high settings. I too haven't added cc yet though.

Really? What are your specs? I'm tempted to see how well it works for me.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011)
    Processor 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4 GB
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Running on yosemite.

I have the same specs and it runs smooth here, I put everything on medium except objects and texture that are on high.
  • Options
    @colton147 - that's great for PC users but the GraphicsCards.sgr file is different for OS X. Some are not supported. Thanks for the link though.

@QueenDivetta - hey :) could it be Origin's overloaded servers?

@ericagrunwald424 - it is a fix for this particular problem, could your problem be something else? Without specs. and a description of your problem it's difficult to tell.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    For those of you with the Intel HD 4000 problem, please could someone have a look at something for me:

Open your user data folder - Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4

Now open the Config.log file (it should open in Console). Scroll to the top and look for Graphics Device info it will look like this:

ts4configlog.png

Where mine says Name (database): GeForce GT 650M [Found: 1, Supported: 1] what does yours say?

The driver version will also be helpful, where mine says Version: 0.310.41.89857

Thank you :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    MylesW505MylesW505 Posts: 128 Member
  • Options
    elinedggelinedgg Posts: 5 New Member
    > @MylesW505 said:
    > BluebellFlora
    It says exactly the same with me.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, if others could also confirm the same too that would be great :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    maddersdreamsmaddersdreams Posts: 31 Member
    It is also the same for me :)
  • Options
    CourfeyracCourfeyrac Posts: 81 Member
    Mine's also the same as @MylesW505
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    What OS Version do you guys have ? I've read at least two reports now where updating to Yosemite solved the issues.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    @QueenDivetta - hey :) could it be Origin's overloaded servers?

I don't think so - I had the same problem downloading Simcity, which I didn't do until months after release. It downloads for about 30 seconds and then the network speed slows down to 0. Have to restart about every 30 seconds, downloads take all day and constant supervision. I've read about people having similar issues but it doesn't happen as frequently or quickly as it happens to me. It seems like there are no fixes currently.

Just thought I'd ask if you had heard of it since you tend to know lots about Mac and Sims :)
  • Options
    Also, I'm trying it right now and still having the same problem
  • Options
    @‌QueenDivetta .... but I know next to nothing about Origin! Do you have Time Machine/Dropbox or similar running? @crinrict, do you have any idea what QueenDivetta's issue could be?

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    @‌QueenDivetta .... but I know next to nothing about Origin! Do you have Time Machine/Dropbox or similar running? @crinrict, do you have any idea what QueenDivetta's issue could be?

I use time machine to back up, but I don't keep my external drive plugged in when I'm not actively backing up
  • Options
    Is Time Machine still running though? Do you have the little icon in the top right of your desktop even when the drive isn't plugged in? I'm just wondering whether the connection is interfering with Origin in some way. Also, what router do you have?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I only know that EA had server issues yesterday and there's many threads with people having download issues at AHQ. Not much help, I know.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    crinrict wrote: »
    I only know that EA had server issues yesterday and there's many threads with people having download issues at AHQ. Not much help, I know.

Always helpful :)

apple-signature.png