Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what else do you want to make it better?

with the recent rumours about toddlers returning to sims 4 and all I was reading the forums and people still aren't happy with the game? What do you actually want to make it better. They patched in pools, ghosts and maybe toddlers in the future so what is it that you need to make you return to the game or save the game in your eyes?

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Justine Keaton.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    @‌colton147 I knew the second I posted the discussion I was going to get this comment from you! XD! Wouldn't actually mind Justine Keaton back though.
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    The rumor technically doesn't even have evidence to back up though, so hopefully people will try not to get their hopes up too high. :# Just drop by to say that. :#
  • Options
    @EsnesNommoc‌ I think the old tweet from graham and the skin overlay thing is enough but I agree we shouldn't get too excited.
  • Options
    NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    edited February 2015
    Cars, dishwashers, lockable doors, being able to choose what Sims gets what bed and newspapers. That's all I can think of.

Plus aliens, so I can have my Smith family back.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    Cars, dishwashers, lockable doors, being able to choose what Sims gets what bed and newspapers. That's all I can think of.

Plus aliens, so I can have my Smith family back.

Aliens in the new EP, so you'll have your Smiths! :)
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited February 2015
    Cars. Ownable of course, but I feel like my biggest issue is that I feel the carpool, school bus, and taxi should come to pick my sims up instead of them just vanishing off the edge of the lot.

NPC's like repair people, firefighters, police, burglars, and probably highest on my list (especially if we get toddlers back) babysitters/nannies.

Dishwashers and trash compactors. I mean, I guess those don't have much impact overall in the game, but I mean come on now....

Lockable doors like we eventually got in ts3 where you could choose specific sims to lock the door for. I don't just want locked or unlocked I want to be able to, for example, lock a door so the children of the house can't get in and only the parents can or whatever I want to do.

Assignable beds.

Of course the closed world and lack of CASt will always be issues, but those will never be fixed in ts4.

My biggest issue that I feel most affects my day to day play at the moment though, is lack of toddlers... Oh and of course the fact that sims give birth to bassinets instead of babies is a pretty big issue that I wish they would care enough to rectify.

• Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Removal of loading screens, open world, CASt, more legacy/family gameplay, REAL vampires that can bite without asking first, and working cars. Yeah, I know, I'm asking for the impossible.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    What will make me repurchase the game:
    • Purchasable/Usable cars
    • CASt (or at least a color wheel)
    • Toddlers (TS2 kind of toddlers NOT TS3 kind of toddlers)
    • Removal of loading screens to visit neighbors house (because it's redundant)
    • Better family gameplay/interactions
    • More soul, humor and charm like TS2
    • Pushing the boundaries/Pushing the T rating like TS2
    • Make the game feel like a T-rated game and not E-rated
    • Apartments like TS2
    • Open World (it's not gonna happen but I'll just throw it out there)
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Open world and create-a-style.
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Pretty much what everyone has said with the addition of Apollo:
    Luke-Evans_Clash-of-the-Titans_2010.jpg

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    Honestly, despite all the complaining, I love the Sims 4. No toddlers, big deal, they were annoying to me so it doesn't bother me, but not everyone feels this way, honestly, if it's possible for me to opt out of the toddler patch I probably will. Really, now it's just a matter of waiting for EP's, I mean really now, what sims game has been all that entertaining WITHOUT EP's, huh? None, in my opinion. In fact, this game has taken up 300 hours of play time from me and I just bought Outdoor Retreat like, 10 minutes ago. Haven't even played it yet. That's how much I'm enjoying it. Right now I'm holding tight for Sims 4 Pets, but I'm not complaining, even if we never get pets. The game is lovely on it's own. Not only that but CC is highly supported for this game, so I see the game getting some very interesting CC coming within the next few years. People keep throwing hissy fits about everything the Sims 4 "isn't", well NEW FLASH to those of you who don't have the video game industry mind; you have to try new things and scrap old things to make room for those new things if you want your franchise to truly succeed. So Sims 4 might feel a bit less realistic to some people, maybe you don't like some interactions, but how is the company supposed to expand and make the franchise better without trying these new things. You gotta be there to support them guys, they're just trying to find a happy medium to please us all; maybe some of you hate the loading screens between houses in a neighborhood, well guess what? My computer wouldn't be able to handle that. They're trying to make the game smoother for all of it's players; not just the ones with hardcore rigs.
  • Options
    SimBunnySimBunny Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2015
    I really really want the in-game photo album back!!! That was such an important feature for storytellers & just documenting events. Please bring it back, it has been missed. I know I can make a blog or use the photo thing the game has now. But it's a poor excuse for an in-game album. It can't be compared to the one we had in Sims 1 & 2.
  • Options
    landverhuizerlandverhuizer Posts: 310 Member
    edited February 2015
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    with the recent rumours about toddlers returning to sims 4 and all I was reading the forums and people still aren't happy with the game? What do you actually want to make it better. They patched in pools, ghosts and maybe toddlers in the future so what is it that you need to make you return to the game or save the game in your eyes?

That is a terribly large list, so I'll shorten it.
    • open world, barring that open neighbourhoods
    • transportation, sims that don't just vanish
    • varied foundation levels
    • more building levels
    • colour wheel and the ability to mix and match parts of my furniture (mixing main colour with accent colour) or at least one of these options
    • services back... I miss repairmen, I still miss gardeners... I wouldn't mind a pool boy/girl
    • nothing locked, shouldn't need a cheat to have all my items
    • realistic options so I don't have to use the "weird" microscope/telescope/etc.
    • not having to wash and put away my sims dishes and food
    • I really miss being able to control sims on different parts of the map at the same time
    • larger neighbourhoods, with all the bloody loading screens, I hardly understand why lots and hoods need to be so tiny
    • I miss being able to have my sim eat out or go to a movie, but I do suspect that will come in a future expansion pack
    • I don't understand why the base game still doesn't offer other stairs than straight, by now I expect it... would love an architectural stuff packs
    • Landscaping is no longer fun :(
    • the little bits of open world offered are not fun :(
    • being able to assign things to various sims
    • a bit more variety so things don't seem so repetitive
    • Still tired of the musical chairs and sims roaming around with dinner plates.

There is more... so much more... in a nut shell though, I want to be able to do in past games, that is... things that became a mainstay of past incarnations of this game be it stuff in the base game or stuff that became important to the over all experience on playing the sims.
  • Options
    SmaKkYoFacESmaKkYoFacE Posts: 54 Member
    edited February 2015
    - Open Neighborhoods, at least for your current sub hood, neighbors accross the street shouldnt need a loading screen
    - Bring back TS3 style build mode, build mode right now is too noobish
    - landscaping tools, seriously flat lots?!
    - Neighborhood editor.. this feels like a console version of The Sims.
    - Different heights for teens, ya, adults, elders
    - an actual baby like in the sims 2 not some SIMS 1 bassinet baby object. the burrito baby from sims 3 was bad too.

The Sims 5.
  • Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    edited February 2015
    I really want to be able to lock my doors (to kidnap townies). Basements, more floors/levels, better world customization, more lots in worlds, no locked items, split-level homes without modding/cheating, services (I have a mod for this and it borks the maid occasionally), retextured hairs and eyes, transportation (bikes, cars, cabs, busses), assigned beds, more group activities (games, outings, adventures), sims that pick a chair and stay put, locking doors, open world - or at least more open neighborhoods with less loading screens, color wheel for clothing (I don't NEED CASt, but a color wheel would be great), did I mention locking doors? I also think it would be neat to prioritize need fulfillment while running full autonomy. Toilet -> shower or eat -> toilet -> bed to keep sims from waking up hungry in the middle of the night. I know that can be stemmed by playing it, but it's sometimes hard to catch all the sims in a full household before they get to bed.

It seems like a lot of complaining, but I actually have been enjoying the game overall. I play some serious challenges, some not so serious ones. Occasionally I blog about it.

I also want some more death options and a way (without a mod) to turn emotional deaths off. Idk why, but I really am not fond of "oh, he laughed himself to death"

Edit - Height slider.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »

rumors?

I asked flat out and got..."we cant talk about it"

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/815164/simgurus-please-explain#latest

so take your 'rumors' with a grain of salt

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    You started those "rumours" yourself :I
  • Options
    @royaichaos you must have missed the leaked skin overlay thread which was created a yesterday and the "missing age" thread which was created even before that. So sorry but I just gathered all the rumors together and put them in a clear location. So no I did not "create" anything!
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited February 2015
    Not in this order but, Open world, Bigger world, Dishwashers, Trash Compactors, specific Lockable doors like Sims 3, assigned beds, CASt, Textures, Toddlers, Hair that doesn't look molded in plastic, Textures, Normal sized Telescopes and Microscopes, Justine Keaton, (For Colton) , World editor, Textures, venues that have some form of entertainment other than crowding around a Juice bar and doing that dreaded dance the Sims do, some medications to help with the frequent extreme mood swings, Policemen, Firemen, Burglars and Repairmen and did I mention Textures? Cars would be nice too. Last but certainly not least, sandbox play. I don't like the grindy ,questy play.
    Post edited by Crazycatldy on
  • Options
    LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    Its just too weird to not be able to walk to my neighbors lot! So i would like open worlds. And there should be small, medium, and large open worlds.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Right now I'm out of room and desperately need new worlds.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    More depth to the game. Sims to react more strongly to things based on the traits you assigned them and not the mood that gets buffed. The mood/emotion system needs major tweaking. The bugs and glitches to be fixed. Family play expanded upon. An ability to be able to control multiple sims in the same family without having them all on the same lot all the time. An ability to randomize child's traits based on what their parents have.

More reactions from the sims, I said this before I think but it's the biggest thing missing. If I buy my sim a 2500 TV I expect them to notice it. If my sims gets too sad from lack of social I want to see the social bunny show up. If my sim fails an aspiration goal I want to see them throw a fit about it! If they throw an epic party I want to see a surprise like Santa or Drew Carey shows up. And how about new things like they had a bad date so they go get ice cream from the freezer? These little things are what bring the sims games to lives and were totally eliminated for sims 4.

Lastly bring back aspiration goals or a lifetime wish that literally takes the sims entire lifetime to achieve (or a good chunk of it).
  • Options
    logo71logo71 Posts: 14 New Member
    I really miss that the other sims would get married, have kids by themselves, etc. I don't mind not having the open world so much but I hate that I can't visit my next door neighbor or across the street without a loading screen. They could have made it that the part that lights up (neighborhood) is open to that. I can walk around the buildings but it loads to get in, would have been a good idea for night on the town. One sim can go work out while the others go to the lounge.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Unfortunately, the things that'd make it better for me can't be returned.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif