Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The illness and doctor thing pretty much guarantees my permanent departure from TS4

Comments

• Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Fair enough. Best wishes moving on to other games.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited February 2015
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Take as you will, get mad about me saying so if you want, but its a very polarizing subject to include as a theme and I'm on the end who hates it.

I hate the illness, doctors, hospitals thing IRL, so there is no way I want it included in a game I play about fantasy life.

The sims team started working it past my comfort zone in TS3, but the comical heart surgery in the recent trailer?

Yeah, forget that, I'm out, permanently.

You could say don't buy it if you don't like it and that's indeed what I'll do, but I dislike it soo much that I pretty much won't buy anything afterwards either. Never before has expansion content been that far out that I've disliked as much as what I've seen coming.

That's ridiculously immature.

And I sure hope you're the paragon of health in real life so you don't have to see a doctor or anything. How are your teeth, by the way? Since a dentist is kinda/sorta like a doctor.

Calls someone immature,

e2c46e3f9b.png

proceeds to badger them in the personal manner of a ten year old.
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited February 2015
    We already live in a world of common illness.

I just happen to find something like communicable diseases less than appealing to have in a fantasy game of mine.

It is fantasy, so the sale of realism is really futile here.

Truthfully though I despise it, surgery can be ignored at the end of the day, but I don't want this in my world.

jikrxc.jpg

But that's too bad right? Because if I ever decided that I wanted the other stuff, you know like family pictures on the wall, I'd no doubt be held hostage to it. Sims can't have a full childhood, we have to have communicable diseases first.
    TS2 and TS3 both had the ability for sims to get sick though. Why do you feel so strongly about disliking it in TS4?
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    LeslieM25 wrote: »

I just happen to find something like communicable diseases less than appealing to have in a fantasy game of mine.

Truthfully though I despise it, surgery can be ignored at the end of the day, but I don't want this in my world.

jikrxc.jpg

But that's too bad right? Because if I ever decided that I wanted the other stuff, you know like family pictures on the wall, I'd no doubt be held hostage to it. Sims can't have a full childhood, we have to have communicable diseases first.
    TS4 and TS3 both had the ability for sims to get sick though. Why do you feel so strongly about disliking it in TS4?

Because,

A. It looks much more extreme this time around.

B. I liked the game a whole lot more the last 2 times around.
  • Options
    RedWaltzRedWaltz Posts: 219 Member
    I don't like pets so I didn't buy the Pets expansion for Sims 3.
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    LeslieM25 wrote: »

jikrxc.jpg

TS4 and TS3 both had the ability for sims to get sick though. Why do you feel so strongly about disliking it in TS4?

Because,

A. It looks much more extreme this time around.

B. I liked the game a whole lot more the last 2 times around.
    Oh ok. Unless everyone is getting sick all the time(that would be annoying), I can't see it being any more extreme that some spots or stripes on their skin and some silly symptoms of some kind. We will see though.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I love nursing my TS2 sims when they get sick. I don't think TS4 will have fatalities. I'm sorry that you don't like the EP, and I do understand how something like this could be a deal-breaker because that's the Supernatural EP and zombie anything for me. I don't think that this should discourage you from buying other EPs if they fit your play style though. But if you're just tired of waiting to like the game, then fair enough you'll just have to move on. Going outside sounds like an awesome plan :blush:
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    O.k.....I find it a little silly to quit Sims 4 just over one expansion pack that is optional and not even out yet, but that is your choice. To each their own. I get not every sims game will appeal to everyone. like Sims 3 just wasn't the game for really and personally really exited about the new EP. Though I am not sure if it was really necessary to make a thread saying that you are quitting Sims 4 though as it really doesn't add much to discuss for the new EP.

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    It's sad that you feel so strongly disappointed in GTW that you are not going to buy any other add-on for TS4 in the future. But hey, I wish you all the luck in finding what you really like in the gaming world. But I don't understand what you mean by total fantasy for this franchise. It's a simulation game. There has to be some similarities to the RL in the game. The GTA game franchise is the same way even though Grand Theft Auto is purely fictional and non-simulation. :(

GTA is bad on so many levels that I don't even have to get to the trailer park theme of it.
    I will admit that GTA has a lot of bugs in it, but it's still fun to play. And from what I have seen of GTW, it too looks like it would be fun to play. You tend to get burned out on all the other video games, if you have played enough of them as much as I have. And that's why I love The Sims. :)

• Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    It's sad that you feel so strongly disappointed in GTW that you are not going to buy any other add-on for TS4 in the future. But hey, I wish you all the luck in finding what you really like in the gaming world. But I don't understand what you mean by total fantasy for this franchise. It's a simulation game. There has to be some similarities to the RL in the game. The GTA game franchise is the same way even though Grand Theft Auto is purely fictional and non-simulation. :(

GTA is bad on so many levels that I don't even have to get to the trailer park theme of it.
    I will admit that GTA has a lot of bugs in it, but it's still fun to play. And from what I have seen of GTW, it too looks like it would be fun to play. You tend to get burned out on all the other video games, if you have played enough of them as much as I have. And that's why I love The Sims. :)

I skipped all the GTA series because I have moral objections to what the characters in the game do. Sure, its just a game, but I'm more into prison simulations than crime simulations. The idea of doing with characters what you would never do in real life does not appeal to me. I prefer doing what I might do, given the opportunity (like making alchemist potions or time travelling or slaying monsters in dungeons).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I skipped all the GTA series because I have moral objections to what the characters in the game do. Sure, its just a game, but I'm more into prison simulations than crime simulations. The idea of doing with characters what you would never do in real life does not appeal to me. I prefer doing what I might do, given the opportunity (like making alchemist potions or time travelling or slaying monsters in dungeons).

I was watching a GTA stream on Twitch earlier; it was a pretty tame section of the game (just had to tow a car to a parking lot) but in general it's not my type of game (I've actually been getting into Hearthstone lately; it's got a pretty steep learning curve and a lot of strategy to keep my aging brain active). But I'm not going on GTA forums telling people why I'm not going to play it -- I've got other/better things to do. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I think everyone has had EP's in the past that they didn't care for. But it's all personal choice and preference. I'm looking forward to Get To Work. I want to builda little doctor's office, even if it will just be for show. Not sure if we can build functioning clinics or anything like that. I also really want to build a bakery for my Sim Todd Pillsbury!
  • Options
    xsophiex9999xsophiex9999 Posts: 167 Member
    I hate hospitals also, but I'm still going to buy the expansion pack. I think the hospital side of it looks awesome :)! At least in the sims I can be in control of what happens in the hospital.
    vht3wy.jpg
  • Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    edited February 2015
    Take as you will, get mad about me saying so if you want, but its a very polarizing subject to include as a theme and I'm on the end who hates it.

I hate the illness, doctors, hospitals thing IRL, so there is no way I want it included in a game I play about fantasy life.

The sims team started working it past my comfort zone in TS3, but the comical heart surgery in the recent trailer?

You could say don't buy it if you don't like it and that's indeed what I'll do, but I dislike it soo much that I pretty much won't buy anything afterwards either. Never before has expansion content been that far out that I've disliked as much as what I've seen coming.

If you don't like hospitals you should have never picked up Sims3

As for Sims4.
    You know for certain that the EP will bring Illness into the game? OR anything at all about the Gameplay the EP will add?
    Because I think that would make you the only person, not currently working on the EP, who has that knowledge.
  • Options
    Kuypers125 wrote: »

As for Sims4.
    You know for certain that the EP will bring Illness into the game? OR anything at all about the Gameplay the EP will add?
    Because I think that would make you the only person not currently working on the EP with that knowledge.

Hospital in TS3 was a rabbit hole

It only took like 5k lifetime wish points to opt out of illness

nickcage.jpeg

• Options
    RedWaltz wrote: »
    I don't like pets so I didn't buy the Pets expansion for Sims 3.

Pets didn't hold having family photos on the wall hostage to it.

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Kuypers125 wrote: »

As for Sims4.
    Because I think that would make you the only person not currently working on the EP with that knowledge.

Hospital in TS3 was a rabbit hole

It only took like 5k lifetime wish points to opt out of illness

nickcage.jpeg

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I agree though, the hospital was completely different in 3 lmao
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    Hospitals and doctors aren't evil. They exist to try and save peoples lives.

Those doctors and nurses some of you guys on this forum hate sooo much dedicate their lives to trying to help people. It is years of study and even when you finish it is long hours away from your family.

See what life is like in a country where they are not easily available and maybe you guys wouldn't bash it so much.
  • Options

Those doctors and nurses some of you guys on this forum hate sooo much dedicate their lives to trying to help people. It is years of study and even when you finish it is long hours away from your family.

See what life is like in a country where they are not easily available and maybe you guys wouldn't bash it so much.

Some people have had bad experiences, not everyone is going to love and appreciate it. Who cares. Let other people have their opinion, you have yours.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I think it looked kinda cool
  • Options
    TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    edited February 2015
    > @brookesaywhatx said:
    > TreelifeCreation wrote: »
    >
    > Hospitals and doctors aren't evil. They exist to try and save peoples lives.
    >
    > Those doctors and nurses some of you guys on this forum hate sooo much dedicate their lives to trying to help people. It is years of study and even when you finish it is long hours away from your family.
    >
    > See what life is like in a country where they are not easily available and maybe you guys wouldn't bash it so much.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Some people have had bad experiences, not everyone is going to love and appreciate it. Who cares. Let other people have their opinion, you have yours.

I'm not denying people may have had bad experiences but it would have been worse without medical care. I've spent a fair bit of time in hospital and yeah it sucked but I'd be dead otherwise. I'm not undermining their experience but I just sometimes wish people would be less hostile at those that we're trying to help them.

And I know I can't change their opinion but I just felt like I had to stand up for all those in the medical profession who we're reading this thread. Many of us wouldn't be alive without you.
  • Options

No I totally get that and appreciate to a large degree that hospitals exist. There's a super depressing and or ugly side to hospitals to me though, like some poor soul out of fear forfeiting their life savings so that they might live a few minutes more.

• Options
    Once you lose someone, or have a doctor tell you there is "nothing more we can do", your opinion of it all changes very quickly. Hospitals can't and don't save everybody. There are medical errors every day. So while they may have helped you out immensely, please do not criticize others for not feeling the same way.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member

No I totally get that and appreciate to a large degree that hospitals exist. There's a super depressing and or ugly side to hospitals to me though, like some poor soul out of fear forfeiting their life savings so that they might live a few minutes more.

I just finished reading a book, Complications: A Surgeon's Note on an Imperfect Science by Atul Gawande. It is a good read about how doctors feel about patients making decisions and such ethical choices.

I'm a little sad that you don't want the new EP, but that is your choice. I think I want it! My sims will look funny with chicken pox! Not small pox though. That would be totally uncool, EA.

Where I grew up, there was a big, big hospital. People came from all over the world to get treated. They were rich, they were poor, some even came all the way from the middle east in their own private Boeing 747s. Now, the hospital isn't perfect; I volunteered at a funeral home and learned that even this big hospital wasn't the cure-all tonic.

When my brother was losing his battle to cancer, he decided to stop treatments. My mom wanted to throw money at the hospitals but he wouldn't have it. We had the world's best treatment in my town and he said no more, enough is enough. I know what it is like to see the ugly side of hospitals. For awhile, I was angry at the hospital for letting my brother die.

But... such feelings don't make me want to shun EA because of a super fun EP. Your decision is your decision, and I respect that!
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I spent a ton of time in hospitals, doctor's offices, and operating rooms as a kid due to numerous birth defects. I've benefited a lot from the healthcare system. The fact that I live in Canada and my parents did not have to sell their souls to pay for it all helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top