Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the new district

Comments

• Options
    KayytKayyt Posts: 118 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Kira101x wrote: »
    I thought I heard somewhere that there was going to be a retail district.

In the article posted on the news on The Sims website it said, "New Career Venues: All new career venues and neighborhoods like the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Lab are fully stocked with brand new objects to help your Sims achieve success! Or head down to the Retail District to check in on the many retail businesses you’ve created and find your Sims true calling."
    GuruLindsay done said in one of her resent interviews that there will be two districts. One district will be where the hospital, and police station is. And the other district will be a retail district. :)

have you got a link to this interview?!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Find me on YT -https://youtube.com/channel/UCtCvQcmpcqhJxukF8UBjJtw?spfreload=10
  • Options
    SimsLovahSimsLovah Posts: 394 Member
    If we can I will move a family there and have a shop on the bottom floor then a house ontop :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If these new districts appear on the maps, we should be able to visit them, even if we don't work there. Just pick them to travel to just like the park or museum.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,715 Member
    I think the new lots can be recategorized if we want to. Personally I prefer to keep only businesses in the new business district. I might like to add a retail store in my existing hoods though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    JLynn22 wrote: »
    ok so i guess my question would be:
    can we LIVE in the new “district” thats in the upcoming EP: get to work??? that should definitely be an option. we can live in blue water village [TS2 OFB] and we can live in the same worlds when OFB sort of came to TS3…i hope the same pattern follows -

because it looks like a city-ish “world” and i will move literally every sim there and move the businesses to oasis springs or willow creek.

i want a “city” world, not a suburb. :c argh. nEED TO BE CLOSER TO THE CITY BASICALLY

I want a city too!! With apartments!
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    One short tralier has been released... I'm sure more will be revealed soon. :)
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    My question is, are businesses that we create only exclusive to the retail district or can we create and plop down businesses in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    My question is, are businesses that we create only exclusive to the retail district or can we create and plop down businesses in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs?

Hopefully we will get a retail lot designation so we can use other lots. Perhaps the only requirement will be the cash register since they say we can sell anything we like.

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    EAfan99 wrote: »

Hopefully we will get a retail lot designation so we can use other lots. Perhaps the only requirement will be the cash register since they say we can sell anything we like.

I was thinking the same thing. I know with OR we ended up getting the National Park designator so hopefully it'll be the sam with GTW.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    It should be called "District 9" and be full of shrimp alien things like from the movie
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    k3okik3oki Posts: 107 Member
    I hope if there's a new district it comes with MANY lots, the one that comes with Outdoor Retreat GP haves just 5...
  • Options
    Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member
    NatKingSim wrote: »
    can we LIVE in the new “district” thats in the upcoming EP: get to work??? that should definitely be an option. we can live in blue water village [TS2 OFB] and we can live in the same worlds when OFB sort of came to TS3…i hope the same pattern follows -

because it looks like a city-ish “world” and i will move literally every sim there and move the businesses to oasis springs or willow creek.

i want a “city” world, not a suburb. :c argh. nEED TO BE CLOSER TO THE CITY BASICALLY
    I want a city too!! With apartments!
    It's not the same, I know, but you could always bulldoze one of the shop-type buildings in WC or OS and recategorize the lot as residential, then build a townhouse-style home on it. It's not exactly a Bridgeport-style penthouse apartment, but at least you'll get a "living downtown" vibe, complete with sims going in and out of the nearby shops at all hours. Honestly, I'd like some more rural areas myself -- especially with the OR game pack, I find myself more and more wanting to play an outdoorsy sim, and it's kind of hard to do that when you're living in the middle of suburbia. That's the downside of not having an open world -- you're much more limited by how "in the middle of the action" your sims are living. Instead, all the neighborhoods are pretty similar, activity-wise.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    Dizzykitty0922Dizzykitty0922 Posts: 16 New Member
    I really hope they expanded the neighborhoods but it look like they just used the skyline in the background of the two neighborhoods to make them look like they are in the same place. I do have to say that I would also like a more urban type of area. I loved the apartments in TS3 and TS2.
    Also if they did add a new district/neighborhood/world or whatever they are calling them, are they gonna do this with every new expansion or game pack? I really don't want 20 of those little circles at the top of my screen and having to remember where I put things every time I play. they need to create bigger worlds
  • Options
    I really hope they expanded the neighborhoods but it look like they just used the skyline in the background of the two neighborhoods to make them look like they are in the same place. I do have to say that I would also like a more urban type of area. I loved the apartments in TS3 and TS2.
    Also if they did add a new district/neighborhood/world or whatever they are calling them, are they gonna do this with every new expansion or game pack? I really don't want 20 of those little circles at the top of my screen and having to remember where I put things every time I play. they need to create bigger worlds
    The gurus have actually specifically said before that they can, and will be, expanding the existing worlds with future expansion packs and game packs. That would help make the worlds bigger -- instead of five neighborhoods a piece, they'll have six. It's actually kind of cool that way, in my opinion, because we have the downtown area and the residential area, and now we'll have the industrial area of the city. At least, the science lab in Oasis Springs looks rather industrial; the police station and hospital in Willow Creek look like a continuation of the downtown area.

However, I hope they add more worlds at some point, and worlds that we can live in. Granite Falls is cool and all, and I would still give my left arm to be able to live in one of the cabins there, but you can't. And I'm kind of getting tired of having to choose between the desert and the bayou. I feel like they probably should have made the first worlds a bit more generic than "outskirts of Phoenix, AZ" and "outskirts of New Orleans, LA".
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    There's plenty of open area in both words to add different districts hood whatever you want to call them that's for sure
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    I have a feeling that the "city" district (where the police station and hospital are) is an extension of OS and the "retail" district is an extension of WC. I love the idea of expanding current neighborhoods, since I think it would enhance the cohesive feeling of the game over several EP's, rather than introducing a new world every single time. If this is their plan, though, I do hope that we get at least five new residential lots in each world.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I have a feeling that the "city" district (where the police station and hospital are) is an extension of OS and the "retail" district is an extension of WC. I love the idea of expanding current neighborhoods, since I think it would enhance the cohesive feeling of the game over several EP's, rather than introducing a new world every single time. If this is their plan, though, I do hope that we get at least five new residential lots in each world.
    Maybe. TBH, the background behind the police station and hospital look more like WC than OS. The background behind the science lab, however, is a dead ringer for OS. I think maybe the police station and hospital will be in WC, the science lab will be in OS, and both worlds will have their own retail neighborhood. Unless both worlds have all four, that is.

At least, that's how I think it will be initially. With the ability to build hospitals and police stations and science labs and all kinds of retail stores ourselves, especially as they aren't "rabbit-holes" anymore but are legitimate buildings, we can make any combo that we want. Shoot, we can have an entire neighborhood of nothing but police stations if that's what we want! Just like now we can have an entire neighborhood of nothing but parks or gyms.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    have2admit wrote: »
    have2admit wrote: »
    Kira101x wrote: »
    I thought I heard somewhere that there was going to be a retail district.

In the article posted on the news on The Sims website it said, "New Career Venues: All new career venues and neighborhoods like the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Lab are fully stocked with brand new objects to help your Sims achieve success! Or head down to the Retail District to check in on the many retail businesses you’ve created and find your Sims true calling."
    GuruLindsay done said in one of her resent interviews that there will be two districts. One district will be where the hospital, and police station is. And the other district will be a retail district. :)

So I wonder if it's in a new world, or districts added to WC and OS. :D
    GuruLyndsay didn't mention anything about any new world coming in GTW, but she did confirm that there will be two new districts. Which says two new districts will added to Willow Creek, and Oasis Springs. Even the announcement trailer hinted that it's just two new districts this time around. If there was a new world coming, I would think that they would added more buildings in it than just a few in the announcement trailer. :\

Hmmm.... well that opens questions. So the Sim runs to the curb to go to work. Instead of time speeding up, a loading screen takes you to the district and the Sim goes to work?

That would mean that you can't just go to the districts to eat, shop, etc.? :(
    No, you still can follow your sims as they go to work or shop in these two new districts. They'll just be new areas of the towns that are already in the game is all. :)

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,003 Member

It kind of looks like the Science Lab is in Oasis Springs and the rest of the lots are in Willow Creek. The buildings near the police station look very similar to some of the one's that are next to that river in Willow Creek, and science lab looks like its in the middle of a desert. If it is Oasis Springs and Willow Creek, I hope they also add a new commercial neighborhood to Oasis Springs as well. I would really like to have some shops in that town.

Either way, I don't know if they'll be adding any new residential areas. I hope they will through, there aren't enough starter houses to choose from in either town. I also hope they include some pre made sims with the new active careers. It would be nice to have a pre made doctor, a pre made scientist, a pre made police officer, and a pre made entrepreneur.
  • Options
    Biggos6 wrote: »
    idk it looked like the police station was next to a few city-like buildings...like the ones we see sometimes in willow creek if we zoom out enough.
    tho if the world was expanded so we'd be closer to the city - that be ok...but we do need a city world. maybe they can make like a hot date/nightlife/late nite EP next. i prefer city related, seasons then pets in that order. should have been that order to start with this one after pets. to me their order is incorrect.

@biggos6 yo what are you talking about? i used EP buildings in one world at the same time all the time. there was no need to move world to world just for a lot or 2. save those suckers to the bin and plop'em down in your world you want them in. (this applies to TS2 as well)

unless youre talking about the gallery where you dont need to go world to world like that since itd be convenient to just use the gallery.

Wow? you can go "Deep Diving" in Bridgeport? That's my point, none of the worlds compliment each other, and there's limited room that you can't actually enjoy most of the expansion packs, yes, you can just plop down an ugly skyscraper in Sunset Valley and all but in the end it just doesn't feel right.

Theoretically with the Sims 4 they could just add more neighborhoods indefinably and just increase the size of both maps. Since unlike the Sims 3, you can travel between worlds, if they add something to just one of them, you'll still have access to it, no matter which world you live in. That's one way in which the Sims 4 is superior to the Sims 3. Thing is through, it looks like Willow Creek and Oasis Springs would be kind of far apart in real life, so might be a bit hard to imagine someone living in one of those towns and being able to easily commute to work in the other one on a daily basis.
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    The new district/neighborhood seems to be in Willow Creek. it shares that skyline backdrop that teased us for so long so I think the map might be expanded.
    and it looks like 2-3 (more likely 2) 20x30 lots (separated by a loading screen)
    screen_shot_2015_02_04_at_3_23_26_pm_by_mperry1995-d8goh4u.png
    09-02-14_9-08nbspPM_zps1a6bc68c.png

That does look a lot like Willow Creek, either that is the same town or its another town in very similar climate, with an incredibly similar design. Those two pictures really look like they're part of the same town.
  • Options
    The second picture reminds me of Pleasntville from Sims 2.I think that's the name of the town it was the one that had the Pleasants
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    The new district/neighborhood seems to be in Willow Creek. it shares that skyline backdrop that teased us for so long so I think the map might be expanded.
    and it looks like 2-3 (more likely 2) 20x30 lots (separated by a loading screen)
    screen_shot_2015_02_04_at_3_23_26_pm_by_mperry1995-d8goh4u.png
    09-02-14_9-08nbspPM_zps1a6bc68c.png

That does look a lot like Willow Creek, either that is the same town or its another town in very similar climate, with an incredibly similar design. Those two pictures really look like they're part of the same town.

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    I think it's an expansión of Willow Creek, with the new world system expand an existing world shouldn't be difficult.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    SimGuruDaniel did confirm adding new districts to existing worlds is messy. But nothing stops them from adding new worlds which are just part of your save game.
  • Options
    Hmm you think adding new stuff to existing worlds would be easy .There seems to be plenty of room in them anyway.

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99