Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No reaction to cheating???

One of my sims were cheating on their spouse and the spouse was standing right next to her husband and the other woman....and nothing!!!! No reaction to them kissing or woohooing. What?! This is crazy. So much for emotions.

Comments

• Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Yeah, that happens a lot, they are supposed to react but it's buggy.
  • Options
    Meow_its_DanforthMeow_its_Danforth Posts: 86 Member
    I think the most reaction I have ever gotten out of my Sims was a "jealousy" moodlet. Like c'mon, where is the passion and the aggression!
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    I think there's a mod for this somewhere but I haven't downloaded it yet, and so don't know the link.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Yup this game is just a colossal failure. They couldn't even get the emotions right.....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I don't know if there's one for cheating, but there is one for the death reactions.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Mine react all the time.
  • Options
    Meow_its_DanforthMeow_its_Danforth Posts: 86 Member
    Yeah, the sadness emotion is awful! Watching my Sim slump around and cry in the shower for 3 days :s
  • Options
    NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    Only the husband/wife gets angry in my game. The children could see it happening and not care at all.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2015
    One of my sims were cheating on their spouse and the spouse was standing right next to her husband and the other woman....and nothing!!!! No reaction to them kissing or woohooing. What?! This is crazy. So much for emotions.

They usually get a very angry moodlet because the wife or husband flirted with another sim. One day my sim was at the bar and the husban got a little juced up with a drink that made him flirty and he started to flirt with one townie sim that was on his side and his partner got really angry :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    I have had no reaction to cheating, no reaction to partner's kicking the bucket. Basically they only really get hungry and tired and need to go potty a lot lol
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2015
    I have had no reaction to cheating, no reaction to partner's kicking the bucket. Basically they only really get hungry and tired and need to go potty a lot lol

hungry? *angry :P sorry
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    kashtone425kashtone425 Posts: 123 Member
    Well I would love to have the reaction I always got in TS3.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    That is a known issue. In TS2 and TS3 they would slap the cheating sim.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2015
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    That is a known issue. In TS2 and TS3 they would slap the cheating sim.

Friends would slap the cheater as well. I had a sim marrying Matthew Hamming and at his bachelor party, Emmy Starr saw him kissing one of the dancers. She was friends with my Sim, so she walked up and smacked him across the face. That was hilarious.

Edit: Unfortunately, that interaction won't be back. Apparently the current PTB (power that be) thinks even pointing at a sim while angry denotes abuse because the other sim takes a step back.

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    th_movie021_zpsy6khymr3.mp4
    (sorry for the terrible quality)
    That was always so hilarious.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    th_movie021_zpsy6khymr3.mp4
    (sorry for the terrible quality)
    That was always so hilarious.

Love it!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

Mine react sometimes....it's not really consistent. I'm used to the jealousy in TS2 was like super high...you could be on a date, not even knowing a Sim would be in the same location and you'd hear that cheat music and then the infamous slap LOL.
    I'm hoping they fix the reactions to cheating in TS4, considering this is a game based on "emotions". I would expect some better reactions/animations.
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    It's not consistent. Someone out there, PLEAH FIND MOD :'(
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    This amazing new emotion system only makes the sims react to decor. Making them actually react to eachother would have been too difficult and expensive.
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited February 2015
    @kashtone425 , Welcome to TS4's super intuitive, super smart, super tactile, emotions, sad isn't it.

@everyone else, should we warn him what happens when a family member dies five feet away?
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Badmagic wrote: »
    @kashtone425 , Welcome to TS4's super intuitive, super smart, super tactile, emotions, sad isn't it.

@everyone else, should we warn him what happens when a family member dies five feet away?

I decided to test out Death this morning since I've never played a Sim long enough in this game to have them die before. I made sure all of the family was home and then had the Father have a heart attack. The Mother noticed and started crying but the 2 Children literally stepped over his corpse on the way out the door to school and retained their Happy moodlets forevermore. It was horrible.
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    Just realised I said 'he', apologies if its not the case, the name is ambiguous but, for some reason the pup in your avatar made me state he without consideration.
  • Options
    kashtone425kashtone425 Posts: 123 Member
    edited February 2015
    lol Badmagic!! No offense taken. He is actually she. The dog was the only thing I had at the moment I chose it and I've just been too lazy to change it. I usually don't have sims cheat but I wanted to add a different kind of drama. I had been enjoying the game (for the most part) until this and then I was like Im going back to TS3. Then I remember the issues with that game and how there were never sims out and about and was like na. Then I thought about TS2 and was like na lol. I haven't experienced death yet. Mainly because I never continue playing the parents of my family, I move onto one of their children once they become young adults.
  • Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    Yes i have the same thing, no reaction to cheating the only diference that i notice was the love bar was full, and after the cheating was half.

Also the kids don't seem to care about their parents kiss and flirt with other sims, and the kids also don't care when they watch their parents kiss and flirt each other. (i mean kids should be embaresed when their parents start to kiss in front of them) XD
  • Options
    MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    Yeah, I noticed this. My sim had the Serial Romancer aspiration and so I just looked at sims on the street and started flirting with them and kissing them and such, and none of the other people on the street who I flirted with seemed to care whatsoever. His kids could see it and they did not care in the slightest that their dad was cheating on their mom with about 5 other women.
    As for death, it depends. if you're married to the sim, then you get the widowed moodlet which makes you sad for a couple of days, but if you're just dating them, the sim does not seem to care, which I found really odd.
    In fact, to react to any death in general, sims need to literally be in the room with that person doing absolutely nothing as they die. And even then, the sad moodlet for that only last 6 hours. My sim watched his son die of humiliation and all he got was a 6 hour sadness moodlet. The only people that care about a death are the person's spouse. Their parents, their children, their siblings, etc don't react at all. That's one criticism I've got for this game, because come on, even sims in The Sims 2 reacted these things.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.