Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Sims 4 is too hard?

Believe it or not, EA exec says their games are too hard to learn:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-exec-our-games-are-too-hard-to-learn/1100-6425141/

This explains why Sims 4 had so much content cut out on the release. EA thinks we're not smart enough to deal with everything!

To anyone at Maxis, guys we're not lobotomized monkeys. We're not stupid and we can learn. Do not underestimate us like this EA exec does. Bring us a challenge! Not games for dumbsters. Please. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    If this is the reason why so much was cut, then I might as well drop the sims series entirely, because that's insulting...
    I enjoy the Sims 4 as it is, but this is not a reasonable reason to take short cuts.
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Are they serious? The Sims has always been incredibly easy to learn, sure, it's got lots of features, but a lot of them are optional and can be ignored until the player is ready to fiddle with them.
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    To anyone at Maxis, guys we're not lobotomized monkeys.

EA would like to think so. Making it sound like they made it easier for US, is just the excuse they are using to explain the cut content beta game they released in hopes that we would "play along"

kim :\
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2015
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Believe it or not, EA exec says their games are too hard to learn:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-exec-our-games-are-too-hard-to-learn/1100-6425141/

This explains why Sims 4 had so much content cut out on the release. EA thinks we're not smart enough to deal with everything!

To anyone at Maxis, guys we're not lobotomized monkeys. We're not stupid and we can learn. Do not underestimate us like this EA exec does. Bring us a challenge! Not games for dumbsters. Please. Thank you.

Ahahahah! Proof that they really do think we're 🐸🐸🐸🐸!

• Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Its far to easy, it need a Nightmare mode!
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited February 2015
    No, TS1 and 2 are hard compared to TS4.

I meant taking care of your sims...
  • Options
    Actually, reading that article explains a lot about the changes to Sims 4. He's wrong, of course, but wow.

I kind of miss the days where games came with manuals thicker than a lot of novels. Most had a TL:DR section of basic controls, but you got a lot of out spending the time to learn how to play the game.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Oh please this doesn't explain how content was cut. It was the simple fact they were rushed and/or wanted more content to sell later on. They want us to believe that but I'm not buying that at all.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Actually, reading that article explains a lot about the changes to Sims 4. He's wrong, of course, but wow.

I kind of miss the days where games came with manuals thicker than a lot of novels. Most had a TL:DR section of basic controls, but you got a lot of out spending the time to learn how to play the game.

Actually 3 years ago EA decided we don't need manuals:
    http://www.gadgethelpline.com/ea-goodbye-paper-manuals/

We were smart enough back then I suppose... ;)
  • Options
    I was referring to this quote from the article:

"Every game is an RPG now," he [Richard Hilleman] said. "You wouldn't make a game without progression and levels and XP. And I think every game is going to be a social game...good ideas propagate."

Of course, what sounds good in the boardroom really doesn't always pan out in the real world.
  • Options
    XABESIMSXABESIMS Posts: 47 Member
    Oh, my God! Really??
    11jck5e.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Oh please this doesn't explain how content was cut. It was the simple fact they were rushed and/or wanted more content to sell later on. They want us to believe that but I'm not buying that at all.

The Sims 4 was NOT rushed!!!!! please don't drag me back......

iseKAgDLLLLsQ.gif

• Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Its boring more then anything.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    knazzer wrote: »

iseKAgDLLLLsQ.gif
    Oh so it wasn't rushed? They made this nonsense in a timely manner?! That makes things even worse.... :|
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member

iseKAgDLLLLsQ.gif

Sims 4 is the stuck on mess on the bottom of a pan that was once Olympus

pan3.jpg
  • Options

iseKAgDLLLLsQ.gif
    Oh so it wasn't rushed? They made this nonsense in a timely manner?! That makes things even worse.... :|

Not rushed more "We could add this, but my hands hurt and we don't have the budget" can someone get a big wad of EA money to burn on the fireplace in the studio ;)
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited February 2015
    @‌natashified

lol EXACTLY!!! :p

kim :\
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2015
    Bob and Betty taught me everything I needed to learn to play TS1, TS2, and TS3. :heart:
    *Then EA changed up the controls on TS4. :(

Loved that... "...good ideas propagate." part. ~Yeah, that's what it is. That's what made The Sims so special, it's like all the other games. :(
  • Options

iseKAgDLLLLsQ.gif

pan3.jpg

At least the uninstall button is working on my version of The Sims 4 they didn't rush that! :)
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member

iseKAgDLLLLsQ.gif

pan3.jpg

At least the uninstall button is working on my version of The Sims 4 they didn't rush that! :)
    Worked like a charm for me. :D
  • Options
    Meow_its_DanforthMeow_its_Danforth Posts: 86 Member
    Did it take anyone here 2 hours to learn how to run a simulated life? Didn't think so. :|
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited February 2015
    From the article:
    Tonight at the D.I.C.E. Summit in Las Vegas, Electronic Arts chief creative officer Richard Hilleman spoke about how video games today are often too hard to learn for new players.

They're talking about new players. And yeah, I kinda see his point. A few of EA's games are tough on new players if you aren't a fan of the genre already. I was fine when I played Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age Origins because I've been playing RPGs for years by that point, but it took longer for me to get used to TS3 because I'd never played a sims game before.
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Loved that... "...good ideas propagate." part. ~Yeah, that's what it is. That's what made The Sims so special, it's like all the other games. :(

That was said by someone else, Michael de Plater. He doesn't work for EA. Since it says he worked on Shadow of Mordor, I'm guessing he works for Monolith.

34336_s.gif
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Meh. They still don't get it. Obviously.
    I disapprove. (Naturally)
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!