Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DELIVERING SIM BABIES... YOU'VE GOT TO BE JOKING, RIGHT?

OMG I cannot believe this. Will doctors actually be able to deliver SIM BABIES? I don't believe it...

Comments

• Options
    QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    I'm quite curious as to how far that can go. Is there really a delivery room or just a rabbit hole. :# I'll definitely be lurking for more info in the coming months
  • Options
    KayytKayyt Posts: 118 Member
    im excited for this! Does is also mean pregnant sims will have to go to the hospital to have the baby when you select go to hospital option?
    How about staying in the hospital after the baby is born?
    im excited to see!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Find me on YT -https://youtube.com/channel/UCtCvQcmpcqhJxukF8UBjJtw?spfreload=10
  • Options
    LysistrataLysistrata Posts: 323 Member
    Bamajam wrote: »
    Prepare for the worst and hope for the best!

This. It could be sooooo cool, but if the past is anything to go on, this feature won't be as in-depth as it could be. That noted, I have high hopes for this EP; it sounds great so far, and I hope it is!
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    Kayyt wrote: »
    im excited for this! Does is also mean pregnant sims will have to go to the hospital to have the baby when you select go to hospital option?
    im excited to see!!

ooh id love that! staying in the hospital after, running tests on the baby to see if theyre healthy! and this will be the first time in the series we get to see the inside of a sim hospital! when we go deliver baby, we can actually walk into the building with them. idk if the delivery room will be a rabbit hole or not but, either way im excited to find out! yay!
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited February 2015
    bosslaydee wrote: »
    im excited to see!!

ooh id love that! staying in the hospital after, running tests on the baby to see if theyre healthy! and this will be the first time in the series we get to see the inside of a sim hospital! when we go deliver baby, we can actually walk into the building with them. idk if the delivery room will be a rabbit hole or not but, either way im excited to find out! yay!

And what happens if the baby isn't healthy? (because there wouldn't be much of a point of testing it if its always gonna be healthy, right?) I can see the forums going up in flames..

[ just to be clear, I'm not hating on your idea! I think its great and would never leave my house again if the game had features like that lmao ]
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    yeah because illnesses are obviously making a return so maybe mom and baby get a cold and have to stay an extra day!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Find me on YT -https://youtube.com/channel/UCtCvQcmpcqhJxukF8UBjJtw?spfreload=10
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    If it's true. Maybe once your sim goes into labor you bring your sim to the hospital and maybe you can do a delivery. I just want to know how babies will be taken home. Are babies now carryable objects to hold in arms, all the way home?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    yeah because illnesses are obviously making a return so maybe mom and baby get a cold and have to stay an extra day!

That's true, I forgot about illnesses returning. Babies getting sick would be a first for the franchise, so who knows.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    I think it would be cute if the mom was in a wheelchair holding the baby and a nurse/doctor would wheel them off the lot, like to their house or something.
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    If it's true. Maybe once your sim goes into labor you bring your sim to the hospital and maybe you can do a delivery. I just want to know how babies will be taken home. Are babies now carryable objects to hold in arms, all the way home?

I have a feeling the mom will just poof back onto the lot with the baby in a basket like usual
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    > @brookesaywhatx said:
    > MasonGamer wrote: »
    >
    > If it's true. Maybe once your sim goes into labor you bring your sim to the hospital and maybe you can do a delivery. I just want to know how babies will be taken home. Are babies now carryable objects to hold in arms, all the way home?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have a feeling the mom will just poof back onto the lot with the baby in a basket like usual

In the trailer the babies being held by the doctor so you never know

• Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    > @Kayyt said:
    > In the trailer the babies being held by the doctor so you never know

Yeah but he was holding the baby in front of a hospital themed bassinet. It looked like he was just rocking the baby.
  • Options
    Kira101x wrote: »
    > @Kayyt said:
    > In the trailer the babies being held by the doctor so you never know

Yeah but he was holding the baby in front of a hospital themed bassinet. It looked like he was just rocking the baby.

Yeah, this. He wasn't walking around freely with the baby or anything, as far as we've seen.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    It would be nice if they redesigned the babies to get rid of that bassinet
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Out of curiosity... Does anyone know what babies the Doctors will be delivering if there is no Story Progression and therefore no pregnancies happening amongst townies without interference? It just occurred to me while reading your title.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    It would be nice if they redesigned the babies to get rid of that bassinet

They'd pretty much have to do that in a patch -- maybe the patch that comes out right before GTW -- otherwise people would complain that they have to spend money to free their babies from the bassinet. (And they'd be right to complain.) :\

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    mortia wrote: »
    Out of curiosity... Does anyone know what babies the Doctors will be delivering if there is no Story Progression and therefore no pregnancies happening amongst townies without interference? It just occurred to me while reading your title.

It would probably generate pregnant sims for you to deliver.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited February 2015
    A little unrelated but I want that doctor in my game:

2798907-ts4_doctor.png

And did he just grab that patient's heart with that machine?
    Post edited by Alistair_32 on
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    mortia wrote: »

It would probably generate pregnant sims for you to deliver.

Gotcha, that's the conclusion I came too as well. Thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    This has to be what I'm most curious about I mean how does it work. With the babies is it an option to give birth there if so can you see it happen are there hospital beds and can you stay there. Do you get appointments for the hospital if sick and why would you get full on surgery. If you ask me you probably won't see them enter the hospital they'll probably be teleported there which I don't mind at all as long as the hospital has great options and game play I'd love my sim to stay there when sick.
  • Options
    CokeandaltrockCokeandaltrock Posts: 70 Member
    The question is if we'll see a birth like real life ones , which I really hope is not the case since I have a weak stomach.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited February 2015
    The babies are likely to just show up in your sims' arms, just like they do now in Sims 4. :)
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    The question is if we'll see a birth like real life ones , which I really hope is not the case since I have a weak stomach.

If that's gonna be it then it will take the pack to a whole new level. :p
  • Options
    CokeandaltrockCokeandaltrock Posts: 70 Member
    > @EsnesNommoc said:
    > Cokeandaltrock wrote: »
    >
    > The question is if we'll see a birth like real life ones , which I really hope is not the case since I have a weak stomach.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If that's gonna be it then it will take the pack to a whole new level.

Bunch of threads titled "MY EYYYYYYYEEEES!"