Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Human-Looking Aliens? Awesome!

... aliens will invade the game in some capacity. They'll look like regular Sims and it will be the job of the player to "uncover which Sims are truly out of this world."

Is anybody else super excited about this? In every single expansion and every single basegame, every single occult/supernatural sim has been very visibly so. Sims 2 vampires can be told by their grayish-pale skin and blue lips. Sims 3 zombies can be told by their gait and moaning and general zombie-ness. Sims 3 mermaids can be told, even on land, by their scaly legs.

In other words, every single sim, you can tell what "species" they were just by looking.

Not anymore! They walk among us. Except they look like us and sound like us. Now, it's our job to figure out who's human and who's ... not. It's like a little mini game within the game!

I hope that this is the direction EA is going with supernatural sims in Sims 4. 'Cause I got real tired, real fast, of fairy wings flapping all over the place and vampires whooshing from one side of the room to another, and nobody pays the least bit of attention like it's the most normal thing in the world.
Kickin' back in Sulani.

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2015
    I hope they come out good!

Ahem
    |
    V
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    KeoriKeori Posts: 1,024 Member
    what id like to know is what they will look like that will determine if im getting this expansion or not
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Pretty smart doing it that way. I'm sure it's a lot easier and cheaper. :D
  • Options
    GlamourSimmerGlamourSimmer Posts: 238 Member
    Wonder what happens when your sim finds out! I can't wait for this EP :)
    Sim is life !
    Gaming Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdolzKVXRHZhBiMKXTdofw ( Don't be afraid to go subscribe )
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    very cool!
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Keori wrote: »
    what id like to know is what they will look like that will determine if im getting this expansion or not

They look like everyone else. :D
  • Options
    have2admit wrote: »

They look like everyone else. :D

But does that mean Aliens will be their own life state? or Human Sims shaped to look like aliens?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member

Well, a render of a very alien-looking sim was leaked a few days before Get to Work was announced.

tumblr_nj60w2hxwc1soy0bho3_r2_1280.png

There's also a sim that looks even more like an alien in the render that was released for the 15th Anniversary.

15811212623_eb7b412155_b.jpg

Maybe they look like regular sims until you out them, then they revert to their "true" form or something?

All images downloaded from Sims Community, by the way.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    This would be cool for aliens to have two different forms.
  • Options
    Caitie85 wrote: »

Well, a render of a very alien-looking sim was leaked a few days before Get to Work was announced.

tumblr_nj60w2hxwc1soy0bho3_r2_1280.png

There's also a sim that looks even more like an alien in the render that was released for the 15th Anniversary.

15811212623_eb7b412155_b.jpg

Maybe they look like regular sims until you out them, then they revert to their "true" form or something?

All images downloaded from Sims Community, by the way.

i really hope that armor comes in black in red like that black and green one. as well as blue and black and purple and black.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    CelebrityWizardCelebrityWizard Posts: 132 Member
    i hope aliens are an actual life state, and they look different atleast like with a unique skin tone. As well as included superpowers like they did in the sims 3
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    It's okay I guess. I like sims to look different from each other, and I like a variety of life states in a neighborhood. I kind of wanted aliens to look well like aliens.
  • Options
    MuffinsDaAlienMuffinsDaAlien Posts: 417 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    This would be cool for aliens to have two different forms.

My hope is that aliens will have a human disguise, and that their real alien appearance will be revealed when you discover who they are.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    My question is how are we going to identify an alien if they look like every other sim?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    Interesting
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif

• Options
    FertieSimsFertieSims Posts: 162 Member
    I love that they are "disguised"! But, I wouldn't like my sim to get with an alien by accident.
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    I'm fine with a human disguise as long as they can revert to their true alien form.
  • Options
    Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    i really hope that armor comes in black in red like that black and green one. as well as blue and black and purple and black.

If it doesn't, you can always recolor it! We don't have CASt anymore, but at least recoloring is super easy.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    I like the idea that you have to "discover" that they are not real humans. I hope that they will always look human in the game except if you are looking through the eyes of a sim who has "befriended" them. Only when you are playing that sim will you see the "discovered" "befriended" alien figure. Kinda like the imaginary friends in TS3. Only the kid friend saw it, no one else could tell. I also hope that aliens have powers. What would be the point of being an alien if you don't have powers. (Also, I'm glad spaceships won't be getting left on lots all over town like they were in TS3.)
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Caitie85 wrote: »
    ... aliens will invade the game in some capacity. They'll look like regular Sims and it will be the job of the player to "uncover which Sims are truly out of this world."

Is anybody else super excited about this? In every single expansion and every single basegame, every single occult/supernatural sim has been very visibly so. Sims 2 vampires can be told by their grayish-pale skin and blue lips. Sims 3 zombies can be told by their gait and moaning and general zombie-ness. Sims 3 mermaids can be told, even on land, by their scaly legs.

In other words, every single sim, you can tell what "species" they were just by looking.

Not anymore! They walk among us. Except they look like us and sound like us. Now, it's our job to figure out who's human and who's ... not. It's like a little mini game within the game!

I hope that this is the direction EA is going with supernatural sims in Sims 4. 'Cause I got real tired, real fast, of fairy wings flapping all over the place and vampires whooshing from one side of the room to another, and nobody pays the least bit of attention like it's the most normal thing in the world.

Just like real life (lol, only kidding)

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    FertieSims wrote: »
    I love that they are "disguised"! But, I wouldn't like my sim to get with an alien by accident.

I think it would make a good story, as long as it didn't happen all the time but just occasionally.

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    It's okay I guess. I like sims to look different from each other, and I like a variety of life states in a neighborhood. I kind of wanted aliens to look well like aliens.

From what I've heard, when you discover the Alien Dimension you discover their secrets and they will no longer be disguised :)
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I hope that's the way it works. I hope they aren't going to half-do aliens and have them be just Sims that don't even look different and just have a few extra conversation options or something. I want them to be like they were in Sims 3 with special powers and stuff.
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm fine with a human disguise. And as for how to tell an alien in human disguise. I won't be surprise if EA did a add feature that if alien disguise as human, their strange eye will not be close to be human eye, but alien black eye.
    Post edited by MsMay on
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I don't like the leaked Alien thing. They are just normal Sims with a blue skintone and some weird outfit.

And why are they blue? O.o. .. we will have to wait and see I guess..