Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Major problem in the game.. Emotions? Really..

Sim1P3Sim1P3 Posts: 221 Member
I was bored and decided to kill off my Sims daughter by drowning her in the pool, and the parents didn't even care!! The only time they cried is when I clicked mourn on the tombstone. They both had the "Very Happy" mood as their daughter was floating dead in the pool........

For a game that's based on emotions, that's really sad.

Comments

• Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I know, my elder sim died on his birthday and his wife literally walked on top of him with a big smile, and went to go talk to daughter.

I was the one who was upset lol, everyone walked past him while grimmy took his life away.
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    Yes, but there is an EP coming out. So you have that going for you :|
  • Options
    LunqsLunqs Posts: 166 Member
    ^ Well the emotions arent really perfect, if they had more happy points then sadness points, the happiness would override the sadness. So a sims whole family can die, but if all their needs are up, they will be as happy as a dog chasing a car. :sweat_smile:
    Contract?
    tumblr_m5b80x2g8w1rum37jo1_500.gif

• Options
    Lunqs wrote: »
    ^ Well the emotions arent really perfect, if they had more happy points then sadness points, the happiness would override the sadness. So a sims whole family can die, but if all their needs are up, they will be as happy as a dog chasing a car. :sweat_smile:

Then why don't they get the moodlet for that loved one that passed away? She didn't even notice him lying on the floor ... :disappointed:
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    My Sims flip through like three or four different emotions within a minute. I just wish they were implemented better.
    He/Him
  • Options
    LaAbby wrote: »

Then why don't they get the moodlet for that loved one that passed away? She didn't even notice him lying on the floor ... :disappointed:

In some of my other families, they had gotten a moodlet for losing a loved one, that lasted a few days I believe. But it's no fun when my Sims don't even acknowledge that their daughter just died.. I don't complain about a lot with this game, but that's a big deal to me.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited February 2015

How can this happen,

141m96q.jpg

and none of the other sims ever figure it out.

Its really more about the sims themselves having the attention span of a saint bernard than emotions.
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

How can this happen,

141m96q.jpg

Its really more about the sims themselves having the attention span of a saint bernard than emotions.

I had two ex sims get together and have a child while they were married with others ... I wish they could recognize that once they turn into a child it's not theirs and get angry or something but NOPE.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

I remember before the game was released when they had those videos of the devs showing the game, and they showed the Goth household.
    Alexander Goth went off to school and...I did a write-up about the video gameplay.
    So glad to see that the wonderful emotions are as messed up as before.

One day a boy named Alexander said goodbye to mom and dad and sister Cassandra and went to school.
    He didn't finish his homework so a chance box opened up.
    There were only 2 options and not an ignore option like the last 2 sims games,
    so one was pressed and lucky him the outcome was good.

Later he came home and saw some strange guy on his kitchen floor...a burned crispy dead guy!
    And the Grim Reaper himself playing Tetris on his tablet. Was Alexander disgusted by the burst sim body?
    Was Alexander scared of the Grim reaper?
    No, Alexander just reached around the Lord of the dead and grabbed a bowl of warm cereal from the counter.

The end.

Sims4: they're so smart its weird. Yeah...

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

How can this happen,

141m96q.jpg

:o what the heck is going on in that family? :o

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    MadilanlonaMadilanlona Posts: 123 Member
    And I had my daughter sim yesterday staying in the sad moodlet for a complete day because she got a new sibling. Guess she is going to have a big grin if she witnessed the newborn baby death.
    Origin ID: Commandermadi
    https://simsgate.com - A new community for Sims players to unleash their creativity and showcase their creations without any hassle.
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    So, this issue hasn't been resolved yet? Wow, EA hasn't bothered to fix one of the major selling points of the game, and it has been out for five months now. Thanks for taking our concerns into consideration, EA...
    captain-america-the-winter-soldier-teaser-trailer-chris-evans-2.jpg
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    It killed it for me when my sim was pregnant with her soul mate husband died and she nor any of their kids showed any reaction at all. It was hideous. How am I meant to feel invested in the sims I control when the game isn't even capable of making it's sims show emotion at such an important heartbreaking life event. Emotions were supposed to be 'it' for this game. This system isn't any better, in fact it's worse than previous games when this happens. Same applies to no reaction to cheating too. It's game breaking.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    It killed it for me when my sim was pregnant with her soul mate husband died and she nor any of their kids showed any reaction at all. It was hideous. How am I meant to feel invested in the sims I control when the game isn't even capable of making it's sims show emotion at such an important heartbreaking life event. Emotions were supposed to be 'it' for this game. This system isn't any better, in fact it's worse than previous games when this happens. Same applies to no reaction to cheating too. It's game breaking.
    In my sims 2 game, my sim had just asked her boyfriend to move in and he stumbled upon an arrangement of roses on her table. He snooped and read the note pinned to it, and after realizing they were from a former lover he burst into tears. He was very jealous and ended up being mad at her for a few hours after that. I loved how it didn't hurt their relationship much, it was timed and only temporary.. like a little tiff a real couple might have. Those are emotions. That felt real to me.

Those little touches are what made the sims 2 epic. We never saw them moan about creating it either. I want that magic back. I don't want to be told sims staples are too hard or expensive after fifteen years of solid profits when they were perfectly possible ten years ago with a fraction of that previous success!

You know what else I loved? Sims talking with actual memories colouring the conversation and being able to see what they are saying because it's like reminiscing with the sim! So much depth and love in ts2.
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    I only had one sim die in Sims 4. Sims 4 needs to look back and see what made the Sims just that... the Sims. Emotions in Sims 4 are great and have great potential, but just aren't working in a way that would really make them as good as they can be.

34zbpd1.jpg
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    What gets me are the whims. The Sim gets an emotional whim to play the piano. While walking to the piano, the emotion goes from very inspired to inspired. Now the whim is gone.

Then gets the whim to use an easel at the museum. Like the Sim will have the same emotion when he gets there. Duh, not falling for that one!

So the last patch gave us the ability to lock whims EXCEPT for the emotional whim!?!? :#
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    That's Sims 4 for ya. Where it's Emotions > Reactions. The emotions aren't even real. They're just character buffs.
  • Options
    I think you have to have your sims in the exact same room when someone dies, for them to acknowledge it.. Most of the time, they'll get the "Lost a loved one" moodlet and be sad for several days.. However, that shouldn't be how it's done. It shouldn't matter if your sim personally witnessed the death or not. They should still be "very sad" when someone in their family dies, or even if a friend dies that isn't even on your lot.

I would suggest... if someone on your home lot in your family is dying, everyone in the lot runs over to the death and is affected by it.

I mean heck.. my sims would cry over random strangers in the Sims 3 if they died in public right next to them, thats more emotion than my Sims gave in this game..
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    @Sim1P3 - Yes, in Sims 3 they would mourn when they saw a complete stranger die in front of them on their way to, say, the grocery store. :s
  • Options
    mjlangridgemjlangridge Posts: 33 Member
    edited February 2015
    I had a Sim just die via "eating the cake". Both son and daughter of that Sim were right there when the Grim came..no reaction what so ever, except for the fact that they started playing horseshoes with the grim reaper! Their father just got swallowed by the friggen cowplant for crying out loud.
    I am Margaret Langridge, writer, blogger, reader, and Simmer.
    http://mwlangridge-awritersjourney.com/
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I had a Sim just die via "eating the cake". Both son and daughter of that Sim were right there when the Grim came..no reaction what so ever, except for the fact that they started playing horseshoes with the grim reaper! Their father just got swallowed by the friggen cowplant for crying out loud.

horseshoes > your soul

20131116-214147.jpg

• Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    They probably think they're all already dead. I mean, everyone just vanish to a loading screen in the game anyway. They're probably just waiting for you to give them a "good death"
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    have2admit wrote: »
    What gets me are the whims. The Sim gets an emotional whim to play the piano. While walking to the piano, the emotion goes from very inspired to inspired. Now the whim is gone.

Then gets the whim to use an easel at the museum. Like the Sim will have the same emotion when he gets there. Duh, not falling for that one!

So the last patch gave us the ability to lock whims EXCEPT for the emotional whim!?!? :#

Emotional whim's shouldn't be locked in because many of them you can't do unless you're that specific emotion. Anyways, I do think some of the emotional whims should be toned down such as the museum one so that they're actually possible in that short time frame we're give to do them.

But anyways, all the times my Sims die, everyone around them gets a sad moodlet (well once a sim got a happy moodlet because they were max hatred).

Anyways, your specific situation is actually probably realistic.
    Why?
    Because the parents didn't know their daughter drowned because she was walled up. They probably found out once they found the grave.
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Hagfisher wrote: »
    I only had one sim die in Sims 4. Sims 4 needs to look back and see what made the Sims just that... the Sims. Emotions in Sims 4 are great and have great potential, but just aren't working in a way that would really make them as good as they can be.

34zbpd1.jpg

I find the dripping tears on the floor like that a bit odd, tears don't work that way.