Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the new district

ok so i guess my question would be:
can we LIVE in the new “district” thats in the upcoming EP: get to work??? that should definitely be an option. we can live in blue water village [TS2 OFB] and we can live in the same worlds when OFB sort of came to TS3…i hope the same pattern follows -

because it looks like a city-ish “world” and i will move literally every sim there and move the businesses to oasis springs or willow creek.

i want a “city” world, not a suburb. :c argh. nEED TO BE CLOSER TO THE CITY BASICALLY
lookit my lousy sig

Comments

• Options
    Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    I would hope so, I'd be nice if it had a hood seperated for the new career lots and some residential for businesses and stuff.
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    So a bit light bridgeport or starlight falls?
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    JLynn22JLynn22 Posts: 88 Member
    yea i mean i dont like the idea of having to travel to a strictly business district. irl we dont do that really, most of the shopping centers in america definitely have residential near them that are in safe walking distance. same with TS3 and TS2 - itd be a shame if that wasn't continued in TS4.
    lookit my lousy sig
  • Options
    k3okik3oki Posts: 107 Member
    in the trailer seems there's no new district, looks like an update of the current ones, maybe an update to made them bigger?
  • Options
    The thing is that unlike The Sims 2, we won't have to go through a double loading screen (one for the hood, another for the lot), All the worlds are inter-connected in Sims 4, which allows the devs to freely make new worlds. In Sims 3 all the expansion lots were impossible to use in other worlds, which won't be true with Sims 4.

But I do hope we get a new livable world though.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    It would have been nice to have gotten a country style world with the two we have :\
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    idk it looked like the police station was next to a few city-like buildings...like the ones we see sometimes in willow creek if we zoom out enough.
    tho if the world was expanded so we'd be closer to the city - that be ok...but we do need a city world. maybe they can make like a hot date/nightlife/late nite EP next. i prefer city related, seasons then pets in that order. should have been that order to start with this one after pets. to me their order is incorrect.

@biggos6 yo what are you talking about? i used EP buildings in one world at the same time all the time. there was no need to move world to world just for a lot or 2. save those suckers to the bin and plop'em down in your world you want them in. (this applies to TS2 as well)

unless youre talking about the gallery where you dont need to go world to world like that since itd be convenient to just use the gallery.
    lookit my lousy sig
  • Options
    DawnbreakEdgeDawnbreakEdge Posts: 130 Member
    It looks like a new world actually. The backgrounds of the pictures show a city with tall buildings. So it might be possible.
    Hey! Follow me on the gallery at: DawnbreakEdge

Follow my Sims 4 Blog on tumblr!: dawnbreaksims.tumblr.com/

My Showcase: Click Me!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    yesss ok so im not crazy. others are seeing it could be new world altogether. i REALLY hope we live there. *crosses everything ive got*

found a link: http://www.simsglobe.com/2014/10/sims-4-expansion-packs-survey/
    Post edited by JLynn22 on
    lookit my lousy sig
  • Options
    JLynn22 wrote: »
    idk it looked like the police station was next to a few city-like buildings...like the ones we see sometimes in willow creek if we zoom out enough.
    tho if the world was expanded so we'd be closer to the city - that be ok...but we do need a city world. maybe they can make like a hot date/nightlife/late nite EP next. i prefer city related, seasons then pets in that order. should have been that order to start with this one after pets. to me their order is incorrect.

@biggos6 yo what are you talking about? i used EP buildings in one world at the same time all the time. there was no need to move world to world just for a lot or 2. save those suckers to the bin and plop'em down in your world you want them in. (this applies to TS2 as well)

unless youre talking about the gallery where you dont need to go world to world like that since itd be convenient to just use the gallery.

Wow? you can go "Deep Diving" in Bridgeport? That's my point, none of the worlds compliment each other, and there's limited room that you can't actually enjoy most of the expansion packs, yes, you can just plop down an ugly skyscraper in Sunset Valley and all but in the end it just doesn't feel right.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2015
    The new district/neighborhood seems to be in Willow Creek. it shares that skyline backdrop that teased us for so long so I think the map might be expanded.
    and it looks like 2-3 (more likely 2) 20x30 lots (separated by a loading screen)
    screen_shot_2015_02_04_at_3_23_26_pm_by_mperry1995-d8goh4u.png
    09-02-14_9-08nbspPM_zps1a6bc68c.png
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    NJSimmerNJSimmer Posts: 166 Member
    yesss ok so im not crazy. others are seeing it could be new world altogether. i REALLY hope we live there. *crosses everything ive got*

If this is all confirmed, it's going to be one of the best EP's ever! I know the Family/Toddler crowd won't agree with that statement but I don't play with families that much anyway but I would like to see toddlers put back in the game and something done about the Teen problem. It gives me hope that some type of Generation play may be in our futures. Anyway, according to that article, it sounds like a pretty comprehensive world with apartment/townhouse (?) living space. I'm actually starting to believe that EA is doing their best to make up for a really crummy start with the base game. I just wish they'd drop the price a bit. The EP's are starting to cost as much as the base game did for The Sims.

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    For some reason I get the feeling that there will be a business district that we can't live in as well as a residential neighborhood... I could be wrong of course but seeing how Outdoor Retreat went, I wouldn't be surprised... But they did tell us ahead of time that you can't live in Granite Falls so hopefully they'll let us know how the new world(s) will work too, soon enough. There's like 60+ days before we find out anything for certain anyway.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    NJSimmer wrote: »

If this is all confirmed, it's going to be one of the best EP's ever! I know the Family/Toddler crowd won't agree with that statement but I don't play with families that much anyway but I would like to see toddlers put back in the game and something done about the Teen problem. It gives me hope that some type of Generation play may be in our futures. Anyway, according to that article, it sounds like a pretty comprehensive world with apartment/townhouse (?) living space. I'm actually starting to believe that EA is doing their best to make up for a really crummy start with the base game. I just wish they'd drop the price a bit. The EP's are starting to cost as much as the base game did for The Sims.

That article is about a survey, not about Get To Work. :D

Buuut it still sounds like it will be an awesome EP.
  • Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited February 2015
    I think that It will probably be an expansion to the current worlds. The backdrop to the office buildings is the same (or similar) to that of Willow Creek!
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    I love this idea of districts. We are getting closer and closer to the city. They'll expand upon that in a Dating/Fame type of EP.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    The new districts will be an extension of Willow Creek, and Oasis Springs only, unless they say otherwise. :)
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    I am sooo ready to see how the new hoods will look also sometimes I wonder if the the lots that's blocked off where we can only see but can't land on or get close to ... :'(

you know like the ones with the dinosaur , the diner and the private island area that looks rather beach / sandy with the palm trees where the hermit lives in GF in the new GP ...

All of those lots I want to use in my game I wonder if that 's a hint to the next hood or will soon will open?

It looks so fun and exciting so why have them or show them if we can't nor ever be able to use them ?? :'(
  • Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    I thought I heard somewhere that there was going to be a retail district.

In the article posted on the news on The Sims website it said, "New Career Venues: All new career venues and neighborhoods like the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Lab are fully stocked with brand new objects to help your Sims achieve success! Or head down to the Retail District to check in on the many retail businesses you’ve created and find your Sims true calling."
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Kira101x wrote: »

In the article posted on the news on The Sims website it said, "New Career Venues: All new career venues and neighborhoods like the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Lab are fully stocked with brand new objects to help your Sims achieve success! Or head down to the Retail District to check in on the many retail businesses you’ve created and find your Sims true calling."
    GuruLindsay done said in one of her resent interviews that there will be two districts. One district will be where the hospital, and police station is. And the other district will be a retail district. :)

• Options
    sunman502 wrote: »

GuruLindsay done said in one of her resent interviews that there will be two districts. One district will be where the hospital, and police station is. And the other district will be a retail district. :)

So I wonder if it's in a new world, or districts added to WC and OS. :D
  • Options
    have2admit wrote: »

GuruLyndsay didn't mention anything about any new world coming in GTW, but she did confirm that there will be two new districts. Which says two new districts will added to Willow Creek, and Oasis Springs. Even the announcement trailer hinted that it's just two new districts this time around. If there was a new world coming, I would think that they would added more buildings in it than just a few in the announcement trailer. :\

• Options
    have2admit wrote: »

GuruLyndsay didn't mention anything about any new world coming in GTW, but she did confirm that there will be two new districts. Which says two new districts will added to Willow Creek, and Oasis Springs. Even the announcement trailer hinted that it's just two new districts this time around. If there was a new world coming, I would think that they would added more buildings in it than just a few in the announcement trailer. :\

Hmmm.... well that opens questions. So the Sim runs to the curb to go to work. Instead of time speeding up, a loading screen takes you to the district and the Sim goes to work?

That would mean that you can't just go to the districts to eat, shop, etc.? :(
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I hope there will be some more room for residential lots as well, there just aren't enough residential lots in the current game.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

Did SimGuruLyndsay happen to say then where the science building is? It is obviously not in the same hood as the police station or the hospital. It has a Strangetown/Oasis Springs look to it.