Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

See multiple lots through split screen

I'm not sure if someone already suggested this before, but I'll try anyway.

I actually thought recently that this would be a good idea for TS3's open world, but it would probably eat up a lot of resources (RAM and processor). Not exactly feasible to simulate multiple parts of the world at the same time.

However, TS4 doesn't have an open world, AND with the recent announcement of the new EP, I thought this could work.

What if we could view multiple lots at a time and see them in split screen? I don't think a decent computer would have a hard time simulating two lots. Some things would have to be accounted for, like an NPC not spawning in two lots at the same time.

It would be perfect for TS4 and the new EP. You could control your sim at work while also managing the other people at home. Or you could send your sim off to the gym while you play his sister at a library. Instead of vague/broad instructions like "Care for self", you get to direct how they spend their time at different locations.

Since we don't have a completely open world, this would make up for it. If TS3 had something like this, it would be way easier juggling between sims who are in different locations.
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I like this idea but given they seemed to have taken the Sims 4 so that it can run on lesser advanced computers, I don't know if they would be willing to sacrifice that direction to give this back to it. I would like it though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I like this idea but given they seemed to have taken the Sims 4 so that it can run on lesser advanced computers, I don't know if they would be willing to sacrifice that direction to give this back to it. I would like it though.

Well, one good thing about this is that it can be an optional feature. And computers with insufficient power can just have the option grayed out, like the TS2 cutscenes for low-end GPU's.

It's also possible for players to decide that the performance when using split screen is unacceptable, so they can just turn it off themselves. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yeah, optional would be good.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Bumping, because I really think this is a feasible idea worth considering. :D

• Options
    vergil7vergil7 Posts: 106 Member
    please no