Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Won't get my money

Comments

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    If you don't like what she said, simply don't reply,

isn't that just another form of censorship then? We can express all opinions as long as it's not an opinion about a different opinion? This is a forum, not a website or a blog. If they feel the need to post, we are allowed to counter. Though probably best to just let this page sink down into the depths below by not replying.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Though probably best to just let this page sink down into the depths below by not replying.

Which is totally the point when fanboys troll threads like this.

• Options
    ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    They have the right to post just as much as me but if they are being hateful or negative over a simple comment then what's the point of posting?
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited February 2015
    Forum's are about expressing your like or dislike of the game...Op may not invest into the game right now, but if toddler's we're to be put back in I am sure he/she will consider it. I don't think he/she said anything to offend anyone...I have my dislike's about S4, but time & time I will give a shot & a play every now & than & I look forward to the EP release in honesty maybe one day Op will give a chance again in the future :)
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    Thank you @nekobear
  • Options
    TakekazeTakekaze Posts: 72 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Why do people feel the need to announce stuff like this? Its just breeding negativity and trying to ruin what has been a great day for Sims fans.

I think its actually kind of refreshing to see a growing number of people take a stand not just with this game but several other games and companies who make them as well. Lets me know that there might be some hope left for video games in general.
    "Taking a stand" implies that you stand up for what you believe.

It doesn't really apply to 1) hiding behind a keyboard and 2) a 40 bucks expansion pack for a video game.

Tank Man, back in the student protests in China, he took a stand. You people? Nope.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    edited February 2015
    The pizza place won't get my money today because I decided to make a salad.

If we are just announcing our purchasing decisions at random...
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    ArilyBoo wrote: »
    Thank you @nekobear

No problem as long as you are still having fun with other sim's game's that is what count's :) here's to hoping that EA is still listening to the toddler situation ;)
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    ShadyProShadyPro Posts: 227 Member
    edited February 2015
    You guys should check reddit community. Its nowhere like this one thank god. Just not a lot of people are using it. Which is an advantage maybe :)
  • Options
    Which is totally the point when fanboys troll threads like this.

fanboy is a very toxic word. If you think that they're hitting low then keep yourself high by avoiding swooping to their level.
    They have the right to post just as much as me but if they are being hateful or negative over a simple comment then what's the point of posting?

negative post attracts negative posts.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    If you don't like what she said, simply don't reply,

isn't that just another form of censorship then? We can express all opinions as long as it's not an opinion about a different opinion? This is a forum, not a website or a blog. If they feel the need to post, we are allowed to counter. Though probably best to just let this page sink down into the depths below by not replying.

General reply coming up not a personal one-No its not about censorship. Its about having respect for others to disagree but to be kind about it. Theres no need to be rude, mock the op, call them names or claim others arent allowed to post here. Those etiquette rules are clear. We all signed up to them.
  • Options
    fanboy is a very toxic word. If you think that they're hitting low then keep yourself high by avoiding swooping to their level.

I'll call anyone a fanboy who lowers themselves to using insults and trolling for the sake of defending a video game.

The level of toxicity already justifies the term.

• Options
    I only paid $29.99 on the Monday after Thanksgiving. At that time I felt it was worth it for what you got...I'm so glad I didn't pay full price I would have been even more saddened. I still play the base game and it's decent. I just don't feel whole. I mainly only ever played for the families. I feel like Sims 4 is in another direction.

If/when EA can make me feel whole on the family roleplay by supplying toddlers then I might revisit some expansions and stuff packs. It's not like they are going anywhere I'm sure they will always be available unless it's a seasonal thing like the Christmas content.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    edited February 2015
    It scares me how aggressive people get over different opinions :/ Mmm anyway, Hi @ArilyBoo I'm 50/50 on the new EP right now, I loved OFB so maybe 60/40 lol. But I'm afraid that the emptiness I feel even with the GP will still remain until the core features return. I know some people see it as negativity when people have bad opinions on the game, but none of us are doing it out of spite. We care for this game just as much as the next person, and want to be able to enjoy it like everyone else. I don't understand why people can't see that. Let's just hope one day we'll fall in love with TS4 too.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Exactly what I tried to get others to see and glad you spelled it out @sparkfairy1. Thank you.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options

I don't believe my original post was negative. I believe it was an opinion.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited February 2015
    It's cool, @ArilyBoo. You buy what you like and stand firm on not buying what you don't and don't let anyone shame you either way. I really hate the extremes on both sides. Whichever side you're on, the side you don't agree with is insulting to you as a reasonable individual ('you're all just fanboys/fangirls, sheep, settling for less' etc) and the one you do agree with just makes me feel ashamed ('you're all just haters!'). We're not all like that! :'(

On the subject of toddlers, I honestly believe we will get toddlers. They said we would have all life states early in development, and from what they said after it was revealed they wouldn't be there led me to believe they had worked on them and it was possible. They simply ran out of time. I also think we will have basic toddlers patched in (as in the essentials for taking care of a toddler). I believe this because putting them into an EP limits them to that EP. However if they release a Generations like EP that includes a bunch of stuff for family play including toddlers, they can patch toddlers in (like they did for swimming in the ocean for Island Paradise) and they will then be a base game feature. That would allow them to continue releasing things for toddlers for the the rest of TS4's lifespan.

Just my two cents.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    General reply coming up not a personal one-No its not about censorship. Its about having respect for others to disagree but to be kind about it. Theres no need to be rude, mock the op, call them names or claim others arent allowed to post here. Those etiquette rules are clear. We all signed up to them.

true, however the opposite side is also allowed to express their opinion. I know that toddlers are important to some players. However protesting a work based expansion pack because there are no toddlers sounds like expressing the fact that you're not buying World Adventures, because Supernatural is not out.

If you don't like the content in the new expansion that's fine. If you think that the price is inadequate, that's fine. However when the opinion is literally "I'm protesting future products, but will still play this product, because a very specific feature is not in". Still their decision. However has nothing to do with the new expansion and brings no value to the forums.

On the other hand the OP could have created a positive for toddlers topic, like you did. Instead they felt the need to be negative, attracting negativity back towards them.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

A negative one.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Takekaze wrote: »
    Why do people feel the need to announce stuff like this? Its just breeding negativity and trying to ruin what has been a great day for Sims fans.

I think its actually kind of refreshing to see a growing number of people take a stand not just with this game but several other games and companies who make them as well. Lets me know that there might be some hope left for video games in general.
    "Taking a stand" implies that you stand up for what you believe.

It doesn't really apply to 1) hiding behind a keyboard and 2) a 40 bucks expansion pack for a video game.

Tank Man, back in the student protests in China, he took a stand. You people? Nope.

Because speaking with your wallet with games, cars, or all kinds of other products start to slip into low standards is totally the same thing as tiananmen square. Nice analogy man.

• Options
    BlueStreetBlueStreet Posts: 174 Member
    they are going to get my money, in the case of the sims they pretty much always will.
  • Options
    ShadyProShadyPro Posts: 227 Member

it was negative. It was more like a threat to be honest. A demand
  • Options

I'll call anyone a fanboy who lowers themselves to using insults and trolling for the sake of defending a video game.

The level of toxicity already justifies the term.

I don't condone name calling. "Fanboy" is a way to name call. Meaning that you're literally down to their level right now injecting even more toxicity into the topic.
  • Options
    @Trashmagic Yes I totally agree with everything you've said. I've been a big Sims fan since Sims 1 vacation and bought the entire Sims 1 and Sims 2 collection, stood in line with everyone else for each disc. I'm not trying to hate.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    It says more about the individuals being negative about others than it does about anyone with a valid opinion no matter what they believe.

Plenty of people on these forums manage to be friends or civil with people with wildly different opinions than them so there's absolutely no reason why there needs to be ridiculous 'drama' about someones objected opinion, whatever that may be.

'Sides' doesnt exist. It was introduced by trolls and doesnt need to be continued. Respect your fellow simmers. We are all here out of love for the sims and like it or not that unites us.