Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now we need a go to work forum

Hope we get one today.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hey, Cat! I just saw the trailer. I sleep while everyone else is on the forums watching videos. lol
    Can you tell me something about this? Is this the first EP?

And while watching the video ( in a language I can't translate) I saw a lot of interesting things, we haven't had before, and just wondering how this all works. I know you might not be able to answer my questions but maybe if we talk about it they will start a new EP forum?

I really, really love OFB in TS2 not a real big fan of Ambitions in TS3 because I play more than one Sim and rarely play just one so it was sort of difficult to handle those careers with others in a household, too.

Just really curious how all this works. I am huge fan of TS2's time freeze, I loved it, so I'm just wondering how this works. I know people who enjoy the TS3 hate the time freeze of the TS2's OFB but I loved it so much made my Sim's days so much longer and I could sure get a lot more done with time freeze.

I may be interested in this if I knew more about it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Hey, Cat! I just saw the trailer. I sleep while everyone else is on the forums watching videos. lol

And while watching the video ( in a language I can't translate) I saw a lot of interesting things, we haven't had before, and just wondering how this all works. I know you might not be able to answer my questions but maybe if we talk about it they will start a new EP forum?

I really, really love OFB in TS2 not a real big fan of Ambitions in TS3 because I play more than one Sim and rarely play just one so it was sort of difficult to handle those careers with others in a household, too.

Just really curious how all this works. I am huge fan of TS2's time freeze, I loved it, so I'm just wondering how this works. I know people who enjoy the TS3 hate the time freeze of the TS2's OFB but I loved it so much made my Sim's days so much longer and I could sure get a lot more done with time freeze.

We basically found out pre-maturely, so we'll have to wait and see tomorrow :)
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    I'm very happy to see them advertising an EP! Especially one that's going to be released the month of my birthday! I rarely get excited over my birthday anymore but now I have a reason to be!

I loved everything about this trailer.. I have no idea what careers to try first! Ah!! Only 2 months to figure it out! lol
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    @Cinebar, that is a good question! As we currently know, time does not freeze on the home lot and the others would be left to 'take care of self' or 'work on skills' or something of that nature. I wonder what will happen if you have two sims in the playable careers? What if they are in the same career? Will you get to play both at the job at the same time? What if they have different careers? Will you only get to choose one playable career per household? Will the sim just autopilot it through work if you are on another sim? Do you need to go with them every, single workday?

I can't imagine having to jump through multiple loads a day to accomplish this. Were it open world, it would be a piece of cake. If it were like TS2 it would also be a piece of cake. I'd like to know what it means for this setup the game has now.

On a side note, the patch cut my load times on my save game down considerably. Glad they are hearing us and working on it. I would love to be back down to loads of three to five seconds again.
  • Options
    @Cinebar, that is a good question! As we currently know, time does not freeze on the home lot and the others would be left to 'take care of self' or 'work on skills' or something of that nature. I wonder what will happen if you have two sims in the playable careers? What if they are in the same career? Will you get to play both at the job at the same time? What if they have different careers? Will you only get to choose one playable career per household? Will the sim just autopilot it through work if you are on another sim? Do you need to go with them every, single workday?

I can't imagine having to jump through multiple loads a day to accomplish this. Were it open world, it would be a piece of cake. If it were like TS2 it would also be a piece of cake. I'd like to know what it means for this setup the game has now.

On a side note, the patch cut my load times on my save game down considerably. Glad they are hearing us and working on it. I would love to be back down to loads of three to five seconds again.

Oh! did it? because I had one save by many names in my game and it was starting to lag bad. Even on a machine that is beyond the min. system requirements and meets the recommended requirements. I uninstalled it for various reasons. LOL But with an OFB type EP I might have to reinstall and put back in my saves. You know not to get off subject but when they say clear cache files all I have in there are hundreds of thumbnail pictures. And nothing in that Scratch file, so I don't get it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    @Cinebar, I've cleared the cache files and got zero result that I could notice. I also have an i7 4790 4.0Ghz turbo boost to 4.40Ghz, 2 GB Nvidia 770 GTX, superclocked and 16GB RAM so I meet the recommended specs, and yet I was getting loads pushing a minute each. When I checked last night they'd seemingly dropped to about ten seconds from the 25 or so after cleaning out inventories and refrigerators.

I would expect the site to get a forum for this EP fairly soon. The EP does look mighty intriguing but I am still not sure I am ready to commit to the game yet. Still waiting to hear news of a certain return. Also, curious as to the reality of this EP and how much is staged.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Hi! I´ve notice the same, my PC meets the rec. specs by far and I was gettin 25 sec. loading screens and yesterday night they went back to 10-12 sec. it surprised me and made me happy.

The job EP really seems promissing, though I am just clueless about how they will handle the fact of this closed but not standstill world
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    @Cinebar, I've cleared the cache files and got zero result that I could notice. I also have an i7 4790 4.0Ghz turbo boost to 4.40Ghz, 2 GB Nvidia 770 GTX, superclocked and 16GB RAM so I meet the recommended specs, and yet I was getting loads pushing a minute each. When I checked last night they'd seemingly dropped to about ten seconds from the 25 or so after cleaning out inventories and refrigerators.

I would expect the site to get a forum for this EP fairly soon. The EP does look mighty intriguing but I am still not sure I am ready to commit to the game yet. Still waiting to hear news of a certain return. Also, curious as to the reality of this EP and how much is staged.

:\ Yeah, we know how the staging works. I just know several prominent people suggested a life simulator should simulate careers, and well now we see they will be getting those. I just hope it works out well for everyone. And though I want police in the game, I might enjoy playing as a policeman or detective more than just seeing them around town. I loved the TSM because of the things like the operating table etc. I loved doing that in that game..it was hilarious and I never, ever got tried of playing as a doctor in that game. I loved the townies would show up with the a plague etc. So, I might even enjoy a medical career in this game. I am just wondering like others how it works when I have eight Sims in one household. It's easy when there is only one Sim but add more than that in the TS3 and both having to do their jobs at the same time like I did in the Ambs. EP was sort of hectic and became annoying. Though I was glad I could switch from one to the other in that game, with ease, just zoom in where they were.

Here's a thought, maybe if you have two Sims they both go to the one section of town which would be more open and you can just switch back and forth like in public space? I just don't know how it works out for those left at home. But I didn't mind leaving Sims at home out of my hair in the TS2, that is why I left them at home to get them out of my hair, but I know TS3 players hated that, so I hope there is a happy compromise somehow.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    edited February 2015
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Info on this ep is coming later today and Cinbar yes this is ep 1 that s why we need a new subforum on it.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Info on this ep is coming later today and Cinbar yes this is ep 1 that s why we need a new subforum on it.

Thanks you for replying CLP. Oh, my husband is making fun of me right, now. because I said I wasn't going to buy anymore stuff for the TS4 about a month ago. But I can't help it, I loved OFB in the TS2 my favorite besides Seasons, and though I want toddlers and interactions and AI improved in the TS4 for family play (it's very important to me) I might fall off the wagon and get this EP, while I wait on those little tykes. I don't hate the TS4, I just want it better, and the Family tree thing is a big plus in my book in the right direction for how I play these games. I will enjoy reading what the new careers are, can't wait for the official announcement.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    Please gurus give us a new forum on go to work since it s basically confirmed.