Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Tree YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    This is getting patched in today? That's good but the other issue with making generational families is that by the third generation all the unplayed sims have aged and died and the worlds become so barren. Maybe they tweaked this too. Can't wait to see the patch notes. I hope the bar glitch was fixed!

I go into Manage Households quite a bit and tweak the non-played families a bit -- delete single elder households, add kids to married couple households, add in families, move households with children to houses (using freerealestate when necessary) so my kids have friends they can visit. Tend to move my older played Sims into the Not in World category once they're empty nesters and they've accomplished at least one aspiration and have reached the top of at least one career (with playing Sims on Long lifespan I can sometimes finish at least a couple of each).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    EA: We have decided to remove the patch from everyone and charge you all $50.

>:)
  • Options
    ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    These patch notes are extensive! So many fixes and additions! I'm excited to go play!
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    PATCH NOTEs ARE UP!!!!

"When visiting the Rattlesnake Juice Bar, Sims will no longer take an oddly long path to avoid the front edge of the lot."

I'm way happier about that than I should be.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited February 2015
    @SimGuruEugi does this come with new ties for families made in cas eg. boyfriend/girlfriend, stepmother ect? thanks for this patch!

Relationships made in CAS are displayed. However, keep in mind that boyfriend/girlfriend is not a genealogical link (unless they share a child); married Sims show up regardless of progeny, though.

In CAS now will be able to set relationships like fiance, girlfriend and aunt? thanks for your help

The patch does not change the ability to set CAS relationships beyond what is already in the game. You can set siblings, spouses, parents, and children. You are able to create half-siblings and step-siblings by using combinations of the options above.

Hope that clears things up.

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

disney4.gif
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    I always love the patch notes. XD Yay for family trees! I missed them. It's such a little thing so I didn't think I would...until I looked for it and realized it wasn't there.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    My game is finally updating
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    What a wonderful thing to wake up to!
    Let them eat cake.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Link please?
    PATCH NOTEs ARE UP!!!!

• Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Thanks for bringing it back guys! Now I can care about my families *that much more*. :D
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    The update is available now? :D
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    Badmagic wrote: »
    PATCH NOTEs ARE UP!!!!

"When visiting the Rattlesnake Juice Bar, Sims will no longer take an oddly long path to avoid the front edge of the lot."

I'm way happier about that than I should be.

Me too. I've said "WT..." more times than I care to admit on that one...

Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Family Trees are back?!

hallelujah.gif
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    > @br560 said:
    > The update is available now?

Yes :D
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    YES!! WOOO. I hope this isn't a disappointment... like the moveobjects cheat. That was the biggest disappointment of my sims life when I found out you can't move sims with it.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Very happy about this! Now I just need toddlers and i'm ready to start creating and building up my legacy :smiley:
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    This makes me so happy!! Read the patch notes and they bring me so much happiness.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Bartenders fixed YAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT and NPC's now say goodbeye when exiting a lot, how cool is that? how cool!?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Downloading the PATCH now so happy :D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Patch just finished downloading.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    The family tree looks okay,just having a quick peak whilst I test my mods out. I'll still be doing my family echo tree though... since I'm a load of gens in and have started it from gen 1.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Where are the patch notes?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas! \:D/