Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

simguru grant twitter

Comments

• Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-latest-news

oh right...the OFFICIAL news organ of the Sims

so why are the mods/devs not using it????

They are, the most recent post was literally today.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »

Today? Are you for real?

SimGuruBChick

January 30

The last post was 3 days ago.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    kimmyfrmtxkimmyfrmtx Posts: 140 Member
    i'm seeing 1 for today, confirming mac release date.
    The sims 4: I give up.
    Maxis and EA have killed the sims. RIP
  • Options

Today? Are you for real?

SimGuruBChick

January 30

The last post was 3 days ago.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/813063/mac-release-date-confirmed-february-17#latest
    ._.
  • Options
    kimmyfrmtx wrote: »

yeah, ok, so where is the SimguruGrant twitter post

THAT is what this thread is talking about...the fact they post on Twitter and no on the official forum

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    edited February 2015
    You're late to the party. :) SimGuruLyndsay made several posts today.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member

THAT is what this thread is talking about...the fact they post on Twitter and no on the official forum
    Their twitter posts aren't necessarily important though. A perfect example would be that one tweet about begging.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Wait, you want him to post on the forums that he forgot his password? lol.
    Seriously though, a lot of the stuff he says on Twitter can hardly be considered "news"
  • Options

Seriously though, a lot of the stuff he says on Twitter can hardly be considered "news"

yes, and don't give me the "I forgot my password" line

If he thinks it is important enough to post on Twitter, then post on the official forum

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    the fact that he posts on Facebook and not on the official forum and that you see nothing wrong with that tells me there is some serious problems with some of the people using this forum

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    edited February 2015

yes, and don't give me the "I forgot my password" line

If he thinks it is important enough to post on Twitter, then post on the official forum

I don't think you understand what Twitter is.
    First off, a lot of people originally ask the question on Twitter, so he answered them there. It would be weird and random if he made a thread HERE to reply to a question on TWITTER. The problem is that he doesn't answer questions here.
    Secondly, the answers are usually always very vague, and sometimes personal as well. It's not about the lack of news on the forums (which isn't even supposed to for news btw), it's about the lack of communication in the forums.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    nope, I have often said they need to communicate here on the forums. I was told it was only 3 clicks to get to their twitter accounts & stop complaining.

Who are you talking to, I don't understand this at all >.<
  • Options
    I get really embarrassed looking at some of their tweets though :\
  • Options
    Jimil wrote: »

Their twitter posts aren't necessarily important though. A perfect example would be that one tweet about begging.

It is still all about COMMUNICATION...and if they only communicate though social media, then they should use the OFFICIAL FORUM

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    kimmyfrmtxkimmyfrmtx Posts: 140 Member
    edited February 2015
    nope, I have often said they need to communicate here on the forums. I was told it was only 3 clicks to get to their twitter accounts & stop complaining.

Who are you talking to, I don't understand this at all >.<

fixed it

edit: sleepy time meds kicking in & can't spell/type
    The sims 4: I give up.
    Maxis and EA have killed the sims. RIP
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Apparently the user above was just adding to the convo not addressing anyone in particular.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I noticed my child Sim has a Twitter logo on her necklace in my game. Basically not every Simmer wants to have a Twitter or Facebook account especially with privacy issues. It would be nice if communication happened in this forum as well so that people who want their privacy respected can still hear the latest news and forums need monitoring anyways. The news forum SimGuruBChick set up is a nice start.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    I noticed my child Sim has a Twitter logo on her necklace in my game. Basically not every Simmer wants to have a Twitter or Facebook account especially with privacy issues. It would be nice if communication happened in this forum as well so that people who want their privacy respected can still hear the latest news and forums need monitoring anyways. The news forum SimGuruBChick set up is a nice start.
    While I do agree that they definitely need to start posting more on the forums, I feel like having some "sneak peeks" and such only for social media isn't that bad. But to be fair, we should also get our own special sneak peeks. Otherwise, most of the large and important news will most likely be on the new news forum, and if not, will probably be on the "new" segment of the official website (which also has a built in twitter/facebook/etc...)

Basically, I think they just need to communicate with us more here, but that social media right now really isn't getting any more "news" than we have access to on our main site.
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Can't agree more. While I am in Facebook, I do not use Twitter, I do not want to use Twitter, and I shudder at the thought that Twitter is said to be a preeminent news source in some circles.
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member

Their tweets remind me of those desperate vendors at the mall who try to coach you into buying one of their overly priced knock off products. This game being the expensive knock off of TS2 :(
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2015
    While I do agree that they definitely need to start posting more on the forums, I feel like having some "sneak peeks" and such only for social media isn't that bad. But to be fair, we should also get our own special sneak peeks. Otherwise, most of the large and important news will most likely be on the new news forum, and if not, will probably be on the "new" segment of the official website (which also has a built in twitter/facebook/etc...)

Basically, I think they just need to communicate with us more here, but that social media right now really isn't getting any more "news" than we have access to on our main site.
    Usually with the sneak peeks posted on social media what happens is that they get blown out of proportion and cause unnecessary drama in the forums. There can be many meanings with one line posts. I can't even remember the amount of times Gurus have had to clarify things posted from a third party site. Twitter generally is typed in a texting language so not even full words can be posted there, so it's no wonder the so called "news" there is often misunderstood. That is why using this site is a good additional source to clarify things.

Anyway if Twitter and Facebook are going to be the only sites Gurus use, what's the point of keeping this one of the main site running?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

Their tweets remind me of those desperate vendors at the mall who try to coach you into buying one of their overly priced knock off products. This game being the expensive knock off of TS2 :(
    Not really. This game went on sale early for the longest time after it was released.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Anyway if Twitter and Facebook are going to be the only sites Gurus use, what's the point of keeping this one of the main site running?
    I asked it weeks ago and got boo'd. I don't see any reason to keep a Sims 4 forum, the others are needed for Sims 3 stuff.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member

Not really. This game went on sale early for the longest time after it was released.

I'm surprised that they don't have new tweets that say "Please play the game it's free FREE!!!"
  • Options

I'm surprised that they don't have new tweets that say "Please play the game it's free FREE!!!"
    lol one of them did at some point. Now a lot of people know the truth about this game and it's always the same criticism :\