Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

simguru grant twitter

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @SimGuruBChick‌ a couple of users here still experiencing the bugs tagging in case you didn't visit here again :)
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited January 2015

Fine ask him when they are fixing the remaining bugs from the Christmas patch, one specifically the sims standing on the sidewalk when you open your game.

Hey, is that still happening? We thought we fixed that. Please confirm this is still happening for you and I will add it back to the bug list.

I'm still reading posts from others having this issue, so add it back please. :)
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I'm still having the issue with sims standing on the sidewalk too.

Also the bartender issue. :)
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Now his Twitter account is gone. I don't know why but I feel partially responsible... :\
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Now his Twitter account is gone. I don't know why but I feel partially responsible... :\

Why? Not like you pressed the delete account button for him.

1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    EasyToRead wrote: »

Why? Not like you pressed the delete account button for him.
    Just rereading what I said, it seem a bit harsh but I stand by what I said.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm sure nothing dramatic has happened. He seems to be in very good mood right now: https://twitter.com/HyperboleGrant/with_replies
  • Options
    katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member

Fine ask him when they are fixing the remaining bugs from the Christmas patch, one specifically the sims standing on the sidewalk when you open your game.

Hey, is that still happening? We thought we fixed that. Please confirm this is still happening for you and I will add it back to the bug list.

Yup, happening for me as well...

Wow I didn't even know that was a bug...
  • Options
    Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    Apparently @SimGuruGrant‌ lost his password for the forums? That's why he hasn't been on here. He's trying to figure it out

Wow. That gives me a lot of confidence in him going forward.

I'll never figure out why anyone would listen to what a guru would say. They will never say anything that isn't scripted & pre-approved. They have zero power & don't make the decisions.

Even their 'hints' are carefully scripted & released.

I've interacted with Grant through Twitter. He's paid to be a Sims 4 cheerleader & only makes a statement or gives a hint about the game when allowed.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not placing any hope on a guru who can't remember how to access the Sims 4 forums.

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Megan31917 wrote: »
    Apparently @SimGuruGrant‌ lost his password for the forums? That's why he hasn't been on here. He's trying to figure it out

I'll never figure out why anyone would listen to what a guru would say. They will never say anything that isn't scripted & pre-approved. They have zero power & don't make the decisions.

I've interacted with Grant through Twitter. He's paid to be a Sims 4 cheerleader & only makes a statement or gives a hint about the game when allowed.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not placing any hope on a guru who can't remember how to access the Sims 4 forums.

I'm pretty sure it was an attempt at a joke...but obviously didn't go down well :confused:
    Well they do have power, limited at best, but they are part of the team who decide on the direction the game goes in. Check out the inquisitor thread because SimGuruLyndsay clarified that there :)
  • Options
    SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle Posts: 1,748 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello Simmers,

Please remember the forum rules when posting in this thread especially regarding casting aspersions on other Simmers, EA employees or public figures. This isn't the place to post rude, disparaging, hurtful or insulting remarks about anyone. Thank you and happy Simming!
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    It's a shame he closed his account. I hope he didn't take things personally. It is just a video game :\

• Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited February 2015
    CrackFox wrote: »
    It's a shame he closed his account. I hope he didn't take things personally. It is just a video game :\
    I believe it's not because of the game. It's the society. Both inside and outside the forums. It happens in any social media even if they're not business-related.

Or maybe it's because of the higher ups told him to close his account as many have already said here. This is even more probable than what I said above.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    1_zpsd184f411.png
  • Options
    Hello Simmers,

Please remember the forum rules when posting in this thread especially regarding casting aspersions on other Simmers, EA employees or public figures. This isn't the place to post rude, disparaging, hurtful or insulting remarks about anyone. Thank you and happy Simming!
    Was that the reason why the other thread was deleted?
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    1_zpsd184f411.png
    Did he really have to delete his Twitter or hide it or whatever he did to it.... I'm sure he could have left a tweet saying that and left his account intact. It just seems odd....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    1_zpsd184f411.png

!B9O,MygEGk~$(KGrHqR,!l0Ey+jCyMTVBM5J)jhiKQ~~_35.JPG
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    1_zpsd184f411.png

Can we please not go there.
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    1_zpsd184f411.png

And by "there" you mean...?
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited February 2015

Yup, happening for me as well...

and my Sims are still gagging for a drink...all the bars in my world are closed...have taken to opening speakeasies where everyone has to make their own drinks, all well and good, but this type of prohibition has been known to attract the criminal element - Nancy Landgrabb is now the new Al Capone. Dark times are comin'...

Another vote for the "dysfunctional bartender" glitch.

Strange, it's the only glitch I had from the December patch. They aren't standing on the sidewalk when I reload the game, etc.

Then again I never had the Zest Johnny problem until they fixed it. However, for that, I simply went into fulleditmode and changed it back.

No other issues.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    1_zpsd184f411.png

And by "there" you mean...?
    Like this
    macgruberyouwannago.gif
    But you win all arguments so there's no need. Though please accept his offer as he is asking you kindly.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Megan31917 wrote: »

This was posted today in Bon's Inquistr thread pg 69:
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    Hello @SimGuruLyndsay. It really feels good to see someone of you. I mean it. At least we know you are watching. What you can do about the situation is a different thing though. Are you allowed to give us an honest answer about how much influence you game designers/developers have in regards to the further roadmap?

SimGuruLyndsay answer:
    Cyron43 - sure! We developers & designers have a huge influence on our future roadmap. We are always evaluating what we're hearing from you, things we want to build upon, things we want to revisit or things we think we can do with the new technology available to us. We are the captains of the ship. Then we work on charting a course to deliver on those plans. The Sims isn't just one thing to everyone - and we balance all of that and plot out where we can go next. Building a Sims game is not a one-shot thing, it's not like finishing a movie and moving on. It's more like a TV show or broadway show - always living, always evolving.

It would seem the Guru/Dev's have allot of say about TS4. So I stand corrected in my belief that it is the higher up's and producers that are mostly to blame. They do hear us but,,,,,,,,,,, :(

Add: After rereading the quote I see it is like a TV show now!? WOW talk about a classic cliffhanger! How long will we have to wait for the rest of the show? I guess it is sorta. You have to pay for the next episode! ;)
    Sorry but I am so disappointed i can't play the game I bought! :'(
    Not a computer issue just that I don't want the patches as most of you know. I liked the game before they fixed so much borking my game as it was when I bought it.
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    1_zpsd184f411.png

Maybe they found his begging to be distasteful? So they sent him away to the back to do actual developing instead of tweeting? I'm equally confused tbh.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Lot of Twitter, not so much the official Sims Forum News

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-latest-news

oh right...the OFFICIAL news organ of the Sims

so why are the mods/devs not using it????

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius