Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Basic Herbalism Run-Down

Comments

• Options
    greytorrent1greytorrent1 Posts: 80 Member
    > @greytorrent1 said:
    > Ok I know Carl's Guide says Noxious Elderberry is in the National Forest part, but I can't for the life of me find it. That's the last one i need. Any ideas?
    > @Paul_Dngr said:
    > I can't seem to find the Noxious Elderberry. Any tips on where it's located? Thanks!

Ok I found it. It's in the main camping area, around the site where you can pitch tents.
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    I am SO MAD! I just spent hours in GF trying to identify the one more herb the aspiration claims my Sim needs. I double checked his inventory, and there were only 9, but I know I have the other one growing at home.

I leave GF early, get home, and sure enough he already has all of the herbs growing in his garden!

I repaired the game, but it still shows only 9 out of 10 needed for the aspiration. :#
  • Options
    Paul_DngrPaul_Dngr Posts: 6 New Member
    @greytorrent1‌ Thanks!! I'll keep an eye out for it. I always forget which plants I've checked. I wish it would show the name of the plant once you identify it.
  • Options
    @paul_dngr I thought it did name them in the inventory once you learned them...at least it did for me.
  • Options
    Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2015
    > @greytorrent1 said:
    > Ok I know Carl's Guide says Noxious Elderberry is in the National Forest part, but I can't for the life of me find it. That's the last one i need. Any ideas?
    > @Paul_Dngr said:
    > I can't seem to find the Noxious Elderberry. Any tips on where it's located? Thanks!

Ok I found it. It's in the main camping area, around the site where you can pitch tents.

OMG. Thanks you so much I have spend the last 3 hours looking for this Noxious Elderberry. It was the last one I needed. Thank you a billion trillion times. The Noxious Elderberry is located near the camping grounds in Granite Falls. It is by the camping ground that cost $111 per day. And for those who are still have a problem maybe this screenshot will help.

IMG]

• Options
    kirajmpkirajmp Posts: 385 Member
    I made an "okay" insect repellent and thought it was funny that my sim got an uncomfortable moodlet for 'being covered in icky herbal lotion' or something like that. She just got a +1 happy for no bugs when she used the "good" one. So quality does matter!
  • Options
    NimbleNimble Posts: 33 Member
    New Insect: Will-O-The-Wisp/Rare ($150) Blue Glowing Wisp in the Hermit's area around dusk.
    Also there are Dragonflies/Uncommon ($15) and Dragon Dragonflies/Rare ($600).
  • Options
    DonsvlinderDonsvlinder Posts: 312 Member
    I anyone is looking for an Insect guide: http://sims-online.com/sims-4-insects-collection-guide/
    Made is as complete as possible at this moment but Insect are almost all random.
    signature-the-sims-4-3.jpg
  • Options
    GlazeyLadyGlazeyLady Posts: 4 New Member
    > @have2admit said:
    > I am SO MAD! I just spent hours in GF trying to identify the one more herb the aspiration claims my Sim needs. I double checked his inventory, and there were only 9, but I know I have the other one growing at home.
    >
    > I leave GF early, get home, and sure enough he already has all of the herbs growing in his garden!
    >
    > I repaired the game, but it still shows only 9 out of 10 needed for the aspiration.

Do you have more than one sim gathering herbs? My male sim gave my female sim an elderberry, and it showed up as elderberry in her inventory, but she still only registered 9/10 because she hadn't actually gone through the action of identifying the herb. I transferred it back to his inventory, had her harvest her own, and identify it herself, and then she registered 10/10.
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Persona1A wrote: »
    > @have2admit said:
    > I am SO MAD! I just spent hours in GF trying to identify the one more herb the aspiration claims my Sim needs. I double checked his inventory, and there were only 9, but I know I have the other one growing at home.
    >
    > I leave GF early, get home, and sure enough he already has all of the herbs growing in his garden!
    >
    > I repaired the game, but it still shows only 9 out of 10 needed for the aspiration.

Do you have more than one sim gathering herbs? My male sim gave my female sim an elderberry, and it showed up as elderberry in her inventory, but she still only registered 9/10 because she hadn't actually gone through the action of identifying the herb. I transferred it back to his inventory, had her harvest her own, and identify it herself, and then she registered 10/10.

Thank you , but no it's a single Sim. I don't get it! :D
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I know the thread title is herbalism, but since some insect pics were already posted, I thought I'd include mine here, too.

Termites
    01-16-15_3-42nbspPM_zpscff4550b.png

Praying Mantis
    01-17-15_1-36nbspAM_zps2e586e01.png

Walking Stick
    01-16-15_3-36nbspPM_zps8d4ba192.png

Lady Bug
    01-16-15_5-17nbspAM_zps004a9b76.png

Luna Moth
    01-16-15_3-35nbspPM_zpscaaa8c0a.png

Bees
    01-16-15_2-18nbspPM_zps13cdf85c.png

Katydid
    01-17-15_1-52nbspAM_zps15e7b647.png
  • Options
    [quote="Feet46;13202409"]

OMG. Thanks you so much I have spend the last 3 hours looking for this Noxious Elderberry. It was the last one I needed. Thank you a billion trillion times. The Noxious Elderberry is located near the camping grounds in Granite Falls. It is by the camping ground that cost $111 per day.

[/quote]

@Feet46‌ no problem, glad i could help! Nice job on the screen shot.
  • Options
    GKM020491GKM020491 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone! I'm looking for the false morel mushroom,,, I thought I had searched the whole forest, but apparently not... can somebody tell me where to find this little thing?
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    @GKM020491 I found the false morel mushroom in the Deep Forest at the hermit's location. I found both mushroom types there so I'm not sure which was the false morel. One was in the planters at the hermit's house the other was at the stone circle where there are a variety of plants and 1 small batch of mushrooms so look carefully round to spot it.
  • Options
    songbird19songbird19 Posts: 8 New Member
    hey does anyone know what the muckleberry plant looks like? It's the last one i need to find and they all look alike sadly :(
  • Options
    musicislife416musicislife416 Posts: 159 Member
    Thank you @flgurl315‌! This is very helpful!
    tumblr_ngzxfipZLO1u3tigco1_500.gif

• Options
    rinarooorinarooo Posts: 50 Member
    Thanks @flgurl315 for the great info! One question I had was if you were to have your sim eat one of the poisonous plants will they die? Just curious. Too scared to try myself lol
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I don't think eating poisonous plants will kill your Sims. At least, it hasn't killed any of mine. It does give them a bad moodlet usually.
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    Giving up on finding the toxic chamomile, maybe it's bugged, like the tilapia fish which can't be found once you have level 10 fishing skill. Somebody has a spot marked on the map at Mod the Sims but that one either doesn't give flowers or just regular chamomile. In any case, I have over 80 regular Chamomile and have 5 different plants I have been checking. I am not even sure if that is the flower I need to find as I did find them before when doing the botanist challenge so I will just do the aspiration cheat and get over it.
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    twinkledustingtwinkledusting Posts: 98 Member
    I appreciate the information. Thank you
  • Options
    kgamingkgaming Posts: 3 New Member
    Please could you guys help I can't find the false morel mushroom and pion fire leaf, I had found the poison fire leaf before but I've forgotten where it is
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Just keep harvesting all the mushrooms and fireleaf plants you can find. I don't think there is any way to tell which plants are poison and which ones aren't so you just have to keep trying until you get lucky.
  • Options
    jessi114jessi114 Posts: 37 Member
    Thank you for this!! This is good info, I can't wait to get into Outdoor Retreat! I want at least one of my sims to be level 10 Herbalism! :)
  • Options
    KevaLillyKevaLilly Posts: 108 Member
    Great tutorial! Thanks for the information! I'll be bookmarking this too!
    My Story Site! - Featuring my Sims 4 series, Dawning of The Drensker, as well as other stories and treats!

My YouTube Channel

My Twitter Page
  • Options
    Bmorin61Bmorin61 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited March 2015
    I am having the worst time finding Toxic Chamomile. I know it's all by chance and I have gone out and back in the camping several times but cant get it. I also went to the one plant near this certain house that is suppose to grow it and it does not for me. I alos tried to cross breed it with many other plants. I agree with you Ethyrdud, maybe some games dont have it. Even the cheat didnt work. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Update- I started a new game and they are all there! I guess that is what you have to do. Also I learned to use the debug cheat so now when a spot doesnt seem to have my bug even after many days, I debug it a couple times and next time it has it. You have to play around with things but the forum gave me great ideas so thanks everyone.
    Post edited by Bmorin61 on