Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot write songs

My char chose Musical Genius and is now level 6 or 7 for the violin, the guitar and the piano. She is a lvl 6 entertainer, yet I still do not get the ability to write sings. I have been able to write jingles for a long time, and it makes some good money, but the menu I get when I click on a musical instrument does not contain Write Song. I can Play Song, write Jingle, play all sorts of songs, but no Write Song. Do I need to do something special? Am I bugged? Do I need to start all over? ( I hope not ).

Please let me know if I am bugged, I need to do something or I am just missing something somewhere. As I said...I click on an instrument, a menu of choices comes up, Write Song is NOT in the choices.

Thank you for any help.

Comments

• Options
    Branthor4000Branthor4000 Posts: 140 Member
    Thank you
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,682 Member
    Wow, they can write songs? I had no idea! I wnder what more features are hidden in this game. Some of us might actually be bored with it without knowing what can be done with it...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    Wow, they can write songs? I had no idea! I wnder what more features are hidden in this game. Some of us might actually be bored with it without knowing what can be done with it...

Yup. From Grafting, Collectiong, Breeding Frogs, to launching a Spaceship you can miss quite a lot.
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member

Mhm
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,682 Member
    Biggos6 wrote: »

Yup. From Grafting, Collectiong, Breeding Frogs, to launching a Spaceship you can miss quite a lot.

I know about grafting and collecting (although there's tons I didn't collect yet). Also know about the spaceship without testing it yet. But breeding frogs I didn't know! Is that in the basegame, or is the Outdoor gamepack needed?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Branthor4000Branthor4000 Posts: 140 Member
    I didn't know about breeding frogs and grafting, and I do not know how to collect. I have seen butterflies around but when i arrow over them, nothing happens, how do you learn these things...and rocket ships> Oh my. I need to learn about this stuff.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    edited February 2015
    You can't collect insects anywhere except granite falls (outdoor retreat), you can however breed frogs with the base game. Just find a frog in a log and then when you have 2 frogs in your inventory click one of them to breed with the other. Rocket ships are in outdoor objects I think and you can go to space (rabbit hole) and it gives you options to try and stuff. 'Collecting' is easy, just click on a rock or log and the option to dig or search will come up.