Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Sims look kind of realistic.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    At least I have something resembling a slider range in an unmodded TS3 game. TS4 has such a limited range for manipulating faces, which is a shame, because the pull-and-drag thing is pretty cool as a concept.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    At least I have something resembling a slider range in an unmodded TS3 game. TS4 has such a limited range for manipulating faces, which is a shame, because the pull-and-drag thing is pretty cool as a concept.

I found S3 limiting. No matter what I tried, I wound up with pudgy fat faces. Luckily, both games have mods to allow more of a range.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Yes it was. Unfortunately, even CAS is also incomplete. Like I wanted to give some of my male sims rosy cheeks, healthy pink lips, and body hair but 5 months later, I still can't.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited February 2015
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I found S3 limiting. No matter what I tried, I wound up with pudgy fat faces. Luckily, both games have mods to allow more of a range.

I agree. Without custom sliders and slider multipliers in TS3, I ended up with Sims that had bug eyes and bobble heads.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    Jimil wrote: »
    Yes it was. Unfortunately, even CAS is also incomplete. Like I wanted to give some of my male sims rosy cheeks, healthy pink lips, and body hair but 5 months later, I still can't.

The men need makeup and more long hair choices, along with some dresses and heels. The women need beards and some nice crew cuts. Presently, it's near impossible to make a cross dressing sim. This is very offensive.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

The men need makeup and more long hair choices, along with some dresses and heels. The women need beards and some nice crew cuts. Presently, it's near impossible to make a cross dressing sim. This is very offensive.
    They're probably like, "Oh the men don't need makeup" or the usual "It's too difficult and expensive"
    tumblr_m8rlxayHio1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

But I do want to make an Ethel Darling in my game sometime
    ethel-darling.jpg
  • Options
    Ah yes. Now that's beauty. You're right. It's probably too expensive. :\
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    edited February 2015
    The Sims 4 looks realistically boring...
    tumblr_miblwcSI4Y1r4w8xyo1_500.gif
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    I love the looks of the Sims in Sims 4, and I really like their hair. Now I just wish I had all the interactions between the Sims that I had in Sims 2. Half the reason I couldn't play Sims 3 was because I thought the Sims were well ugly. Mods didn't help, and custom hair always stuck so far off of the chest or looked greasy and stringy. I think this is one of those to each is own kind of things.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I wouldn't say they look realistic at all. Especially since once you get them out of CAS their faces are constantly distorted in odd ways with their eye's bulging out and their smile stretched ear to ear, I don't get how anybody can tell if they're supposed to be realistic or not they get so warped. Sims 3 is definitely more realistic. The textures are better (minus the hair) in sims 4 without CC, but they're only more polished looking, not more realistic imo. And really the textures are only a small part of it. I find sims 4 sims anything but realistic.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I don't like their hair and eyelashes. They just have a solid black line for their lashes. No detail at all.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I don't like their hair and eyelashes. They just have a solid black line for their lashes. No detail at all.

You know, I always forget about the eyelashes, thought they were eyeliner at first and I think they tend to stick in my mind as eyeliner. :\
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member

The game as a whole, definitely.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I don't want my sims to look realistic, but I do like them to be good looking. I love TS4 sims, and I don't hate their hair :blush:
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    kay_blogskay_blogs Posts: 67 Member
    I wouldn't exactly call it more realistic... But definitely more appealing, aesthetically. I went back to Sims3 the other day and, I dunno, they just look really off now for some reason. The eyes seem too big and dead. Body movements are odd. I guess I've played Sims4 enough to get used to the changes in mechanics and the sim looks.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    It will take several generations for this game to look realistic like those games I listed above btw. Mainly because we needed further technology advancement

we have the technology. But playing a sims game that looks like heavy rain would enter the uncanny valley where you just feel so uncomfortable seeing them do life things like for example giving birth, woohoo-ing, getting into fights, etc.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited February 2015
    Realistic? Not at all. This series have its own style and it'll stay cartoony.

You want realistic? Try Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Far Cry 3, GTA 5, Uncharted, The Last of Us. However, none of these are life simulation games.

He said more realistic than sims 3, pay attention silly ;)

Also you got that part right, none of those are life simulation games. The amount of processing the sims 4 requires would make super realistic graphics like that near impossible with today's technology. I mean it's possible but Good luck without a thousand something dollar computer, which would kill the series.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

He said more realistic than sims 3, pay attention silly ;)

Also you got that part right, none of those are life simulation games. The amount of processing the sims 4 requires would make super realistic graphics like that near impossible with today's technology. I mean it's possible but Good luck without a thousand something dollar computer, which would kill the series.

you're really underestimating how much our PCs can do. But it wouldn't look right for one thing.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member

I'd much rather take "realistically boring" over a shapeless pudding any day though :)
    The TS3 sims were downright awful.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hagfisher wrote: »
    I like the sims in Sims 4 better.

I'm going to have some nightmares because of your sig. :'(

I'm not, but as a person with arachnofobia, everytime I see his avi in the comments, I close my eyes and scroll down :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    To me they don't look very realistic..now in cas the sims look beautiful but in game they look off to me. They don't have much detail or texture in their skin. They just have this smooth texture-less look.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    Kind of realistic if you are Pablo Picasso.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    Honestly, most of you know me, I'm usually the first to bash the Sims team and EA for releasing this monstrosity. But I had a closer look at the Sims themselves and they do look slightly more realistic then TS3 Sims. The only thing brining this down is the modelled clay looking hair. If the hair looked more realistic then I'm sure the Sims would look more so themselves.

Regarding the sims appearance, there is some of it I do like and some of it I do not. I would use CC if I were to play any amount of time. I do not like the default eyes, they seem flat and shiny. I have seen some eye CC I think looks great without going too realistic.
    The skin I like alright but I would probably still use a replacement just for a little more definition.
    The hair, well, there are a few I can stand, the rest of it and the style of the hair overall I really don't like and I would certainly use some CC hair and eyebrows.
    I like the ease of the push/pull system and creating sims with the game. I think the mouths look great and I like a lot of the preset stuff. Like the cheek dimples and clefted chin.
    I like the overall look of the sims when they have a neutral face but as soon as they start pulling those overly exaggerated, emotional faces I want to pull out the staple gun and affix those eyebrows securely to their forehead. The rubber-faced expressions get on my nerves and ruin many faces making them look far too similar.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Anecdote time!

I'm playing TS3 and TS4 interchangeably. I loaded up TS3 last night and kept thinking how horrid my sims looked. I couldn't understand why, because it had never bothered me before. I thought it was just because I've been getting more accustomed to the style of TS4. But when I took my sim into CAS I realised she had a default skintone on. FOR SHAME! :#

I'm not using cc skintones for TS4 so I feel I've made a scientific comparison between the base game CAS of TS3 and TS4. And TS4 definitely comes out tops. :D
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    AstroX1424 wrote: »
    colton147 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 sim is realistic no matter what. ;)

I peed a while ago and felt like a champion while doing it.

Aha lol
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012