Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 really worth it?

Personally I think yes. I wasn't to sure about sims 4 watching the trailers and sims play I just thought It was way to complicated for a game like sims. When I saw they didn't have toddlers I completely freaked. Toddlers are what I had most in sims 3. But I've actually grown to like sims 4, the most thing that annoys me is create-a-sim. Don't get me wrong it's great but it's to much hassle for what the sims look like, but like I said I personally like sims 4 besides the glitches.

Do you like sims 4? Why? Why not?

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2015
    Depends on what you are looking for in Sims 4 and that is according to the individual. At this time and stage without any serious editing tools such as land editors, a neighborhood creator of some type and a customization tool, I would have to say no for me also the re-addition of loading screens spoils the fun and make me feel disconnected. Sims 2 is better than Sims 4 even with loading screens but it has more to offer than this game does. Emotions is good but not enough to make Sims 4 a great game. Another thing even if it is a base game it should still have some kind of draw like all the previous Sims base game and IMHO it just don't.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    edited February 2015
    Yes, it's my favourite of the whole series, I like cas and build mode and how the sims move :)
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    This one is polarizing so anyone curious should really just try it for themselves.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    This one is polarizing so anyone curious should really just try it for themselves.

I totally agree
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    I think it looks 'blah' (not necessarily graphics wise). But, as I've said before, it costs about as much as two nights at the movies (food and all). That's, at most, six hours of entertainment. If you get even ten hours of fun out of it, I suppose you could claim it was worth the money.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I like it somewhat, but not what I paid for it.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited February 2015
    if it's about his price, then no he is not worth of his price, the game is very limited, very restrict, with a lot of load screens, with less content with a lot of bugs, with poor support and bug fixes, this game could be worth if his price was between 10 and 20 buckests but his current price, is totally unreasonable.

i pay to be happy with the game not angry with bugs and load screens.

i don't pay for "potential" i pay for a game.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Yes.

The Sims 4 is going to be one of the best Sims games ever made when expansions, stuff packs, and game packs start rolling out like a stampede of flying buffaloes wielding flaming chainsaws and spiked whips. ;)
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    You buy Sims 4 for potential. That's it.
    tumblr_mt7t8uFbXK1r3rcywo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Jimil wrote: »

Plumbbob! You beat me to it! :) *Watches GIF* Um...
    tZOS8.gif
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member

Plumbbob! You beat me to it! :) *Watches GIF* Um...
    tZOS8.gif
    Someone in this forum told me I need therapy because they think I'm going crazy like that gif and this:
    -APPLAUSE-MUSIC-VIDEO-lady-gaga-35345201-500-210.gif
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member

You'll need to buy the $50 USD DLC for potential. $100 for Australia and $150 for New Zealand. ;)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I got over 700 gameplay hours before December. that's 10 hours a dollar. It was worth it. I don't play it any more though. I won't unless they fix the bugs.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    I haven't played the game since the Christmas DLCs. I skipped the Sims 3 and came over from Sims 2 and for a Sims base game I feel like there is hardly anything to keep my interest.The goofy walks and pictures to tell me what emotion my sims is feeling when they're really just sitting their grinning like a loon doesn't feel like an even trade off. Customization feels like less, even for the base game. I have a limited amount of lots to work with so I cannot make big neighborhoods. Community lots can only have certain items to get non-household sims to use them. And they have gone out of their way to keep sims from being killable. If it weren't for the bills shutting off the lights and water to disrupt their day, the Sims 4 would be an interactive screensaver.=P
  • Options
    NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    I think its worth it if you like building and making Sims.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Oh yeah, I don't really like the click and drag thing ... It messes up how I originally had the sim and two when I try to fix it even a tiny bit all of a sudden it has a huge popped out chin ...

The game isn't worth it, not worth its 60$ at all.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited February 2015
    Personally I think yes. I wasn't to sure about sims 4 watching the trailers and sims play I just thought It was way to complicated for a game like sims. When I saw they didn't have toddlers I completely freaked. Toddlers are what I had most in sims 3. But I've actually grown to like sims 4, the most thing that annoys me is create-a-sim. Don't get me wrong it's great but it's to much hassle for what the sims look like, but like I said I personally like sims 4 besides the glitches.

Do you like sims 4? Why? Why not?
    CAS is one of the favorite parts for most Simmers who like this game. As with any advanced tool, the more possibilities it offers the more complicate it gets. That's just a matter of causality.
    BTW I didn't buy TS4 and I never will. I don't like the closed world and the cartoony graphics.
    Post edited by Cyron43 on
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    I'd say no because it simply doesn't have any innovative new features.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    No.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    MegaMauricioMegaMauricio Posts: 238 Member
    I played the Game Time of Origin and was enough for to convince me to buy it. It's very fun and It has better performance than The Sims 3.
    The Sims 4 is worth for me. It has much potential.
    I am Bluebomber21 in theSims3. lol
    My Studio here.
    Accepting new friends!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I think it's worth trying on game time :) I couldn't advise from my experience to invest before thinking very hard about what you like about the sims and trying to see if sims 4 would suit you. But it's personal, no one can tell others how they will feel so do what is right for you. :)
  • Options
    WakyWaky Posts: 37 Member
    edited February 2015
    @sparkfairy1‌
    What he said is true.My sister immediately fell in love with The Sims 4,even though she claimed that nothing will make her stop The Sims 2 ever... I on other hand haven't had played Sims for a long time until I bought recently The Sims 3 Complete Collection .., read my very first post for more about it if you are interested how that turned out, also I tried Sims 4 with bunch of mods and I like it,it really fits my play style and it runs smoothly on my machine,only hold back are recently articles which state that expansions are postponed to early next year,some people think that this is good,I on other hand feel bit worried that I might invest money in sinking ship but I really want this game to succeed.

Friendly advice,ignore all negative comments,feedback,reviews... for a moment,download game while it's free to try and see it for yourself.From personal experience sometimes (more often than not actually) things are not what they appear to be,Sims 4 is solid game now,which still suffers consequences from bad launch (people pointing out at missing toddlers all the time and that's pretty much their main argument whenever someone ask them why they don't like Sims 4 or why it's poor game,family tree .... however this didn't stopped me and my sister from liking the game,so likewise that may apply to you.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I think it depends on how you play, and how much expectations you have regarding content.....

For me, the hugest, biggest problem is the sims themselves, in terms of AI and reactions.

They don't take care of themselves, they take forever to eat, and they ignore the crying babies in favor of electronics or doing something else with their emotions/moods, like flirting (flirty mood) or hiding under the covers (embarrassed mood), etc, and when they do finally, finally respond to the baby, they don't even take care of the baby, either, just talk/coo to it instead.

As someone who loves playing with sim babies and toddleds, and seeing sims' reactions to things, this bothers me so, so much!

Also, I hate when something like a piece of clay or decor affects/overrides the sims' current emotions, etc, like an RPG game buff....
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)