Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, I just played The Sims 4 two day free trial and...it sucks

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Found the pic!!

14j0lqg_zps3ihwzoq5.png

Lol. Dude looks so happy. Perhaps his pyromania is the real reason for that fire.

Again: Feedback? Dang. I never visit anything other than the General forums. :'(

It really peeves me off when they move threads.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    nilanius wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I hear ya. I'm stumped too. 4 months since release, and they still haven't fixed bugs like Ultra speed, etc... *shrugs* I realize your displeasure comes from more than bugs. I get that. I'm just arriving at the step they call 'acceptance.' And no. It's not acceptance of the game.

Its acceptance that one of your favorite game series might end sooner than you thought. I'm almost there too. :\

Nooooo! :'( I will never accept that!

OP we try to avoid offending others as per the etiquette rules at the top of this section :) you might want to edit out the reference to others ;)

I 'get' it, I truly do. This game doesn't do it for me either, yet. But I appreciate there are those who love it and that's great-it gives some hope that if they do some serious work on the base we will all get to a place where we feel that way. I'm pretty sure they realise by now that a lot of us aren't happy with ts4 in it's current state and I'm pretty sure they are working hard to rectify the biggest issues given the backlash they've suffered.

It's just sad, because you know how hard I was pushing for people to give ts4 a chance, and I know and will admit that I was one of the ones who would get upset when people bashed it. Now I'm another one of the disappointed ones. Like I said, I still like ts4 but things just start to bore me after a while all my families feel the same. That's why I've gone back to ts2, for now.

Yep, I am in the same boat. You lasted a lot longer than I did too. I've gone back to Sims 2 as well. I still need to find a place to set up a blog for my sims 2 stories and a place to put pictures lol.

Hahaha, I know me too. I've been taking pics of everything. I have a lot of cc so it all looks so great, lol!

Found the pic!!

14j0lqg_zps3ihwzoq5.png

Lol. Dude looks so happy. Perhaps his pyromania is the real reason for that fire.

Again: Feedback? Dang. I never visit anything other than the General forums. :'(

It really peeves me off when they move threads.

Me too and it seems like most of the ones they move are the negative opinions so the GD looks nice and pretty all the time.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    TreborHG_93TreborHG_93 Posts: 259 Member
    So funny how EA got my post away from the sims 3 general discussion session. They also edited my post, changing the word "s 🐸🐸🐸🐸" with "plum". Hiding the truth won't save you EA
  • Options
    There is a language filter in place. They aren't sitting there personally editing your posts, lmao

WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited January 2015
    EDIT: Huh? Since when is 🐸🐸🐸🐸. a bad word to justify turning it into plum?
    If you open Sims 3 and go to build mode, you'll find that in the game it's called a 'plumb tree'. (Not the harvestable one, but the one with the dark red leaves that comes in small and ordinary sizes...)
    My guess is that they're so mortified about the spelling error that they now use the word at every opportunity. Just to prove that they can actually spell it. LOL!!

I personally find 🐸🐸🐸🐸. an offensive abbreviation. There's nothing wrong with the word for 'pictures taken in game' but there was a LOT wrong with the 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    I think their plums backfired just a little.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    In my opinion

1. I can see no reason to remove or change the parts of the game people who enjoy the game are playing with and enjoying.
    2. Things that people find missing ought to be added to the game where possible without spoiling the game for people who currently enjoy it
    3. Bugs need fixing. I mean all bugs.

There should be options in the game to cater for various play styles. There should be no requirement for anyone to have learn to enjoy a different play style.

Computer games are there mostly for fun. It is the way we can use our precious leisure time. It is a very personal and individual decision how we use this time.

I think a lot of people are confused and unable to understand why they don't enjoy playing the game. All they know is that the game makes them want to shut it down when they try to play it.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    In my opinion

1. I can see no reason to remove or change the parts of the game people who enjoy the game are playing with and enjoying.
    2. Things that people find missing ought to be added to the game where possible without spoiling the game for people who currently enjoy it

There should be options in the game to cater for various play styles. There should be no requirement for anyone to have learn to enjoy a different play style.

Computer games are there mostly for fun. It is the way we can use our precious leisure time. It is a very personal and individual decision how we use this time.

I think a lot of people are confused and unable to understand why they don't enjoy playing the game. All they know is that the game makes them want to shut it down when they try to play it.

*applause*
  • Options
    TrycTryc Posts: 123 Member
    Aww @brookesaywhatx I have to say I feel the same way about the sims in 4 v 2. What's really sad is going back to ts3 they react more than ts4 sims when people like to criticise that game in defending 4. But I was taking photos so was getting especially close where I usually don't and their faces are a lot more expressive than I'd realised and their eyes follow each other! My sim mother was pregnant and her soulmate husband died. Absolutely zero reaction :(

Aww. S2 is very expressive too, despite its outdated graphics, which realy aren't that bad. Unfortunately, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 taken in-game are so small. You basically have to do an alt+PrntScrn to get a good-sized shot, but that removes the scene to a fullblown shot with the UI, which isn't always what I want. On the other hand, it's far too small without doing it that way. So sad.

EDIT: Huh? Since when is 🐸🐸🐸🐸. a bad word to justify turning it into plum?

slightly OT
    F10 should hide the UI and then you can just crop the red pause box.
    2-back.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Karritz wrote: »
    In my opinion

I definitely agree with this! :)

By the way, what kind of dog is that in your avi? He/she looks a lot like my dog who is a bichpoo (bichon poodle mix!)

Really? Bi-chon is censored??
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Kevin1999 wrote: »
    I just played the game for free too. What is so annoying is the game is not bad at times playing it was incredible fun. The game is almost there but some huge problems kill it for me. No family tree and no toddlers are terrible but they do not kill the game. Not changing name when married almost kills the game for me. Sims I had played giving birth and changing when I am not playing with another family kills it for me. I had even turned aging off for Sims I am not playing but babies were born with name that I could not change because it said they were premade Sims. When they weren't they were babies of a Sim I had made. It was horrific. I mean it sounds absurd, it is absurd, but I am shaking with rage right now over a game I played for free with no intention to buy. I need full control over my Sims I have to have fun with the game. Sims changing when I am not playing them ruined the Sims 3 for me and it killed any hope the Sims 4 had. With a few tweaks this could have been the greatest game ever made instead it is unplayable. Looks like back to playing Sims 2 for me.
    The sad thing is, the game seems to be alienating Sims 2 fans as well as Sims 3 fans. I'm playing Sims 2 right now and there are features I just don't really like. But I 'forgive' the game because it's the prequel. I 'forgive' the loading screens and the time not continuing (a pregnancy takes ages that way, unless you don't leave the house for three days), I accept the fact my sims tend to start developing a jetlag because they don't sleep till morning, I get a little irritated I have to type PlumbBobToggle off and Showheadlines off every time my sims travel, but I can live with it because it's a prequel and I'm enjoying other things in it. Like the funny animations that are new to me.

For me no family tree and no toddlers do kill the game, as do no open world and no CASt (which btw is an irritation factor for me in Sims 2 as well but again: prequel).
    I can't however 'forgive' Sims 4, the sequel, for these very same things. I expected improvements, not lazy 'going back to our roots when life was simple and primitive'. Apart from the fact gameplay in Sims 2 is way better. And apart from the fact it had rotational play for those who like it. Sims 2 had rotational play and no story progression, Sims 3 had story progression and no rotational play, Sims 4 should have had both but has neither.
    5JZ57S6.png