Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Might as well just ban people who have negative feelings against the sims 4

Comments

• Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited January 2015
    mikmaker wrote: »
    blunote00 wrote: »
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Remember the ToS always supersede the Forum Rules.
    Which means we have to get rid of them.
    I don't want constitution, laws and other whatnot. They should put things on one place and keep em there. If they can't, then it's either lazyness to do that or are plain evil deliberatly keeping an ace in their sleeve for moments they need to pull it out and smack someone they "dislike".
    All forums under the EA.com can and do have "their" own forum rules for each game. But all those game forum rules (i.e. NFSW, Battlefield, Sims, etc.) do not supersede the EA Terms of Service. The ToS is across the board and includes AHQ.
    yeah Wasn't too happy when I discovered the rules are same for origin too. So much rules. Rules everywhere. I'm not even allowed to set my head as profile pic. Am I too ungly or what? Can someone explain this rule?

If you're referring to the one I think you are, you can't post actual images of yourself. Why, I have no idea, but that's the rule. A very silly rule, but a rule nonetheless.

it would be hilarious if someone would flag for the reasons: feeling offended by his face :D
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I don't want constitution, laws and other whatnot. They should put things on one place and keep em there. If they can't, then it's either lazyness to do that or are plain evil deliberatly keeping an ace in their sleeve for moments they need to pull it out and smack someone they "dislike".
    All forums under the EA.com can and do have "their" own forum rules for each game. But all those game forum rules (i.e. NFSW, Battlefield, Sims, etc.) do not supersede the EA Terms of Service. The ToS is across the board and includes AHQ.

Then, what's the point?!?
    Who even reads TOS? I don't read the TOS for my cell phone!
    I just assume there is nothing about me selling my soul to them :/ Why are the words always so tiny and plentiful, it's like they are trying bore you before you even start. I want TOS to have a summary haha

I tried read the TOS for Neopets once. I stopped after the first paragraph.

You got so far, I started reading, not even a complete sentence, then I see the scroll bar and I start scrolling. Get distracted by bolded word on my way up and then I press next B)
    Well unfortunately everyone has ticked that little box that says you've read and agree to them.
    I have a habit of reading all contracts that require me to agree to them. Just a thing "I" do.

You are part of the 1% that actually read, the rest of us just lie about that haha :P

They should start posting quizzes at the end to see if you actually read xD
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I'd honestly love the know the reason behind being disallowed to post images of yourself, or have it as your avatar.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    DevilH4DevilH4 Posts: 467 Member

I just assume there is nothing about me selling my soul to them :/ Why are the words always so tiny and plentiful, it's like they are trying bore you before you even start. I want TOS to have a summary haha

You got so far, I started reading, not even a complete sentence, then I see the scroll bar and I start scrolling. Get distracted by bolded word on my way up and then I press next B)
    Well unfortunately everyone has ticked that little box that says you've read and agree to them.
    I have a habit of reading all contracts that require me to agree to them. Just a thing "I" do.

You are part of the 1% that actually read, the rest of us just lie about that haha :P

Well if that happened, I'd never be a member of anything XD
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    I try reading the ToS.

I stopped after the third word.
  • Options
    DevilH4 wrote: »

Well if that happened, I'd never be a member of anything XD

Me either... even habbo hotel has a tos :(
  • Options
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    I'm curious if when a Simmer gets banned are they personally informed in some way?

Yeah. Forced log out and inability to log back in.

can a person be mobile banned? I cannot log back with my phone anymore :S I'm scared!
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Ummm every thread I visit has the negative opinions so I feel everyone's voice is being heard.
  • Options
    I'm curious if when a Simmer gets banned are they personally informed in some way?

can a person be mobile banned? I cannot log back with my phone anymore :S I'm scared!

If you're banned, you are banned from logging in anywhere.
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited January 2015
    A prize for a 100% score would be nice as well :D
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I'd honestly love the know the reason behind being disallowed to post images of yourself, or have it as your avatar.

Maybe it's to prevent bullying? Some people can be really nasty :/
  • Options

Maybe it's to prevent bullying? Some people can be really nasty :/

So ban the bully!
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited January 2015
    Not exactly.
    That was happening with EA.com forum. If you got banned there, you were banned in every single EA game you had.

For all I know, EA stopped with that practice after "public outcry". In fact after whole internet was yelling.
    One of articles:
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/14/ea-forum-bans-are-still-affecting-games/
    You may remember, back in March this year, a story that threw EA forum user Arno into the limelight. Having violated the rules of the EA forums he was given a 72 hour ban on his forum account. But found that he was also unable to play online with any of his games attached to his EA gaming account, nor activate his single-player Dragon Age II.
  • Options
    Not exactly.
    That was happening with EA.com forum. If you got banned there, you were banned in every single EA game you had.

For all I know, EA stopped with that practice after "public outcry". In fact after whole internet was yelling.

By anywhere, I meant on all platforms with the forums. Phone, tablet, desktop.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited January 2015
    Not exactly.

I miss that. :(

It was perfect. <3
  • Options
    DevilH4DevilH4 Posts: 467 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Ummm every thread I visit has the negative opinions so I feel everyone's voice is being heard.

Thats until they are moved or merged
  • Options
    I feel sorry for the person who had to proofread the tos.
    :fearful:
  • Options

The mobile site is broken, @SimGuruBChick‌ has made the web team aware of that :)
  • Options
    I feel sorry for the person who had to proofread the tos.
    :fearful:

I hope they get paid!
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited January 2015
    @mikmaker - yupyup the mobile site it broken, try this for the non mobile version, http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/nomobile
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    The mobile site is broken, @SimGuruBChick‌ has made the web team aware of that :)
    It was lousy anyway, you can't see sigs nor move on second, third, next page on the profile.
  • Options
    Before I got on this forum I was actif on a Dutch forum. There it was even forbidden to make 'game' topics, like rate the picture above you, even in the rambling zone :S I quit because they were almost spying us and ninja banning
  • Options
    It was lousy anyway, you can't see sigs nor move on second, third, next page on the profile.

I usually use the desktop site on mobile the only bad thing is that you can see the full thread title
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    You have been told this before and is clearly stated in the Forum Rules and ToS.
    Having your true image is a safety as well as a security issue for everyone specifically minors.

Seriously would you prefer to have a list of pre-selected avatars to choose from? Or do you like the ability to upload your own as long as you follow the guidelines given to upload them.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    I've so far refused to accept the TOS for my tablet. I've had it for a year now. The TOS goes on indefinitely and I was determined to read it all the way through. I know I read a few things that I didn't like but the only bit I can remember that I found outrageous is that if I want to take legal action against them I can only do it in a particular state and I don't live in that state but they have the right to take legal action against me in any state of their choosing. Now I'm sure there are very good legal reasons for that, and I am never likely to want to take legal action but the document went on and on and on and I decided not to keep reading it so I just declined it. I still have use of the tablet. I don't want to use whatever services they have that I have to accept this huge TOS for. Nowhere have I seen a list of what it is that I'll be getting in return for accepting it. So I just keep declining it.

I also tried the same thing with my iPhone. In the end I did accept it but gave up on reading it as it is just too long a document.

In my opinion a TOS document in the computer world is written in such a way as to make the user accept all liability for whatever goes wrong and the provider of the service to have no responsibility for their own actions and is written in such a way as to prevent average people from being able to read it or comprehend the meaning of what they are reading. It is simply a document you have to agree to if you want something and that acceptance then gives the provider of the service something to hold against you if there ever is any sort of dispute that they don't want to deal with or accept responsibility for.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top