Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not playing sims 4 until Toddlers are back!

I really did give this game a chance but I just miss the toddlers to much. Sorry sims. I just am gonna hang this up until Todders return. Also please let us walk around with our babies. So what if we lay them on the floor. We put our babies on mats on the floor now. Why not in the game. In the sims 2 I used to pick that cute rug that looked baby like and would use it as a play mat. My babies loved it. :) But sadly no baby can even be carried around. I also used to take my babies out for a walk and show them the garden.

I miss the sims 2. I just will not work on my computer anymore now that I have windows 8

Comments

• Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Good for you! Show them we will not settle for less.

I still play 2 & 3 with no problems. I also have Windows 8 and Sims 2 works fine for me.
  • Options
    edalsingedalsing Posts: 25 New Member
    I have tried and it just doesn't work. I am hoping to figure out a way to fix it.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edalsing wrote: »
    I really did give this game a chance but I just miss the toddlers to much. Sorry sims. I just am gonna hang this up until Todders return. Also please let us walk around with our babies. So what if we lay them on the floor. We put our babies on mats on the floor now. Why not in the game. In the sims 2 I used to pick that cute rug that looked baby like and would use it as a play mat. My babies loved it. :) But sadly no baby can even be carried around. I also used to take my babies out for a walk and show them the garden.

I miss the sims 2. I just will not work on my computer anymore now that I have windows 8

I agree add in the toddlers and fix the babies. Though there is more then that, that needs to be done IMO.

I have 8.1 I have no problems getting my Sims 2 game to work.
  • Options
    LOL sorry the Toddlers have to come first so then I wouldn't miss the Justine Keaton beginning day. LOL
  • Options
    I have tried and it just doesn't work. I am hoping to figure out a way to fix it.

What issue are you having? If I may ask?
  • Options
    Do you have to store edition?
  • Options
    Do you have to store edition?

Are you using disks or did you download the ultimate collection?
  • Options
    I was using the store edition download
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @edalsing‌ have you tried finding help on YouTube? That's usually where I go with issues like that :)
  • Options
    store edition? Do you mean the ultimate collection from origin? Or is that something else?
  • Options
    it wont even open anymore. it says the launcher is not working and closes
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    You'll be waiting a long time.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2015

Windows 8 isn't the issue. I have S2 running fine on Win8. Chances are your video card is the real culprit.

EDIT: Also. Toddlers aren't coming back.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Post your DxDiag.
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Post all of it. Not some of it.
  • Options
    it wont even open anymore. it says the launcher is not working and closes

Ahhh I see. Yes EA has discontinued support for Sims 2, so the place the launcher connects to no longer exists. Do you have a product key code?
    If so I would advise you to contact origin support and ask for the ultimate collection to be put in your account to download.

If not there is a back door way to get your game to play without the launcher. I don't remember it offhand, but I am sure I could dig it up.
  • Options
    Is toddlers really not coming back. Why would they take such a big part of the sims out. I really hope this is not true.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Is toddlers really not coming back. Why would they take such a big part of the sims out. I really hope this is not true.

Tis is currently unknown.
  • Options

No one knows for sure, but it seems highly unlikely at this point. They won't say anything, and have even gone as far as asking people not to ask about them in the guru thread. With EA silence and avoidance = no.
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    another one bits the dust, and another goes!
  • Options
    Well if they don't want us to ask then I guess they don't want my money. I won't be buying any expansion pack or anything else. Sorry I just loved the sims 2. Maybe another company can come in and make it now that they are not doing it. Hmmm..... a thought.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »

No one knows for sure, but it seems highly unlikely at this point. They won't say anything, and have even gone as far as asking people not to ask about them in the guru thread. With EA silence and avoidance = no.

Going to have to contend here. The gurus have said repeatedly that they cannot discuss what they are working on. Also, like pools, toddlers were originally slated to be in the game. They were taken out, so there is obviously something in the foundation code that will make it possible to incorporate them in a later patch or EP. I am fairly certain toddlers will make a come back. The real question is, do we even need them at this state? If the base game is so buggy and boring, adding toddlers won't fix that.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Going to have to contend here. The gurus have said repeatedly that they cannot discuss what they are working on. Also, like pools, toddlers were originally slated to be in the game. They were taken out, so there is obviously something in the foundation code that will make it possible to incorporate them in a later patch or EP. I am fairly certain toddlers will make a come back. The real question is, do we even need them at this state? If the base game is so buggy and boring, adding toddlers won't fix that.

It's been said by some of the more knowledgable ones around here that there is no code in the game to support the evidence of the mythical toddlers ever being in this game, let alone being pulled out due to a timeframe.

If I consider that their response was that it was too expensive to implement socializing while fishing, I feel I can safely assume it will be even more expensive to add toddlers into this game.

You're also right. It's too late to add them now even if they decided to. They were already given enough rope as it was.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5