Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Officially disappointed.

Comments

• Options
    noteye32noteye32 Posts: 250 Member
    as its still pretty much a base game, as time goes on and they add more EP, updates and GP it will get a lot better. I love the game and can see a lot of potential and can't wait for more add ons.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    ^ I think it's great you like it -- and I truly hope the game continues to draw your interest. :)
    Maybe you could share some reasons you like Sims 4 over 3? Maybe you know things I'm missing from the game! :)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    They changed the game by making it a little more like a traditional goal oriented game and sacrificed some of the sandbox familyorientated simulation stuff to make that possible. Therefore a lot of familyorientated simmers are disappointed while other simmers actually like the changes.

Personally I am sure that the Sims 4 game will still sell quite well. But EA ignored the fact that the Sims 1 is still the best selling PC game ever by making the Sims 4 more similar to other types of PC games and less like the game which so many players loved. So I am convinced that EA could have obtained higher sales numbers by making a more familyorientated Sims 4 instead. But it was EA's choice to make.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    ^ I think it's great you like it -- and I truly hope the game continues to draw your interest. :)
    Maybe you could share some reasons you like Sims 4 over 3? Maybe you know things I'm missing from the game! :)

Awesome post, Sim_Lucent.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I paid 100NZD for the game, do I regret doing so? Nope :3 Honestly I'm not disappointed at all, this is the first base game in The Sims series that actually got me interested, I like The Sims 3 but it never drew me in like The Sims 4 did. Honestly when it comes to game sequels I always find myself being one of the few on forums that fully enjoy the game.

@DextroyerX2 I agree with @Sim_Lucent‌-I'd love to hear what you find interesting about the sims4 :)
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Here is an objective point of view:

The game has bugs. Way more than a game should have this early on. Some of them are really game breaking. They Will destroy your save after you have been playing for a while and formed attachments to your Sims. You may or may not be lucky enough to not get them, but is that a chance you are willing to pay $60 for?

Could the game be good? Probably. But at this time, the development team have shown no indication that they are working on they game-breaking "features" after 4 months time. So you would either have to decide to change your play style if it is among the ones that trigger the game-breakers, use the game strictly for CAS or building until it gets fixed or save your money until It gets fixed.

I've heard very few people complain of any major bugs, let alone game breaking. Sims 3 was always riddled with far more major issues than Sims 4. There's obviously going to be glitches with a game of this scope especially when taking into consideration every type of system it's being played on. If people weren't willing to put up with bugs and glitches then no one would buy Sims games. But the truth of the matter is that while a few are vocal about big issues, they affect far less than people will allow you to believe.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    It's more like game breaking tuning. Rotational game play is out. Toddlers need faithful parents.

I am not buying the whole friends with benefits thing. Two Sims don't even have to be friends to have an almost full romance bar.
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    It's more like game breaking tuning. Rotational game play is out. Toddlers need faithful parents.

I am not buying the whole friends with benefits thing. Two Sims don't even have to be friends to have an almost full romance bar.

It's not only for friends with benefits. You can have two sims that hate each other, but are still romantically inclined. And it happens in real life and it's a great addition.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    edited January 2015
    I believe you can purchase it and if you find it unsatisfactory after a set few days, you can return it for a full refund, even through Origin.
    I'm personally not a fan of the game itself, but even more so, I am not a fan of the company's lack of communication as to whether or not they ever will address some of the things that do bother me/I don't like about the game.

But a lot of people DO enjoy it quite a bit, and it's a favorite of the series for them -- I think you'd be the best person to judge whether or not you'll enjoy it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    OP it's up to you how you feel about the game. Take a few moments to think about what you love about the sims and read the reviews or comments with your simming needs in mind :)
    Personally I'm a family player and I love sandbox play. A lot of what I love has been removed so it's only natural I'd be disappointed-there's more missing than was communicated when I bought on preorder so I gave it a try and I don't feel I should be made to feel bad for communicating this.
    Let's just add I've never ever been disappointed in a sims game in almost 15 years. Until 4. So it's not just people who like to complain who are having issues. Before this experience I only ever lurked on the forums and asked for help or tips if I needed them. It's only because I want to see better from the sims 4 I bother to communicate in the hope it will get us somewhere.

But OP please remember no one here has the right to be mean or mock others no matter how they feel about the game. It's against the rules-make sure you pop by and read them so you can understand everything here well so you don't fall into a mistake :)
  • Options
    katakata Posts: 25 Member
    > @Mstybl95 said:
    > Here is an objective point of view:
    >
    > The game has bugs. Way more than a game should have this early on. Some of them are really game breaking. They Will destroy your save after you have been playing for a while and formed attachments to your Sims. You may or may not be lucky enough to not get them, but is that a chance you are willing to pay $60 for?
    >
    > Could the game be good? Probably. But at this time, the development team have shown no indication that they are working on they game-breaking "features" after 4 months time. So you would either have to decide to change your play style if it is among the ones that trigger the game-breakers, use the game strictly for CAS or building until it gets fixed or save your money until It gets fixed.

To me, this wasn't objective at all... For example, the game having "way more bugs than it should have", is just your opinion (and many other's), but from what I have heard, Sims 3, for example, might even have had more. And as for save files getting destroyed; that should have been fixed in the latest patch.
    "But at this time, the development team have shown no indication that they are working on they game-breaking "features" after 4 months time."
    My experience is that the development team responds to these issues rather well and they actually work on fixing them.

And to OP: It's a fun game, I think. And there are a lot more people saying that they like it than those who regret buying it. I think you should try it out and return it if you didn't like it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I will say this since outdoor retreat it s a lot better.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited January 2015
    well so far i am not disapoited with the sims4 i still play the game and if i need a change i can load another game or play on my playstation3 *Edit: with time and has we get expansionpacks stuffpacks and gamepacks(**sims4 store content)the sims4 will get better and we will have more choices
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    @Mstybl95‌ happens to have lots of bugs in ts4-and I've seen it happen to people who had all sorts of opinions of ts4 so let's not be casting aspersions on why she's saying this.

I think you would find initially she was very happy with ts4 and it's these issues that have disappointed her.

For those of you who say you had bugs in ts3 then you should be more compassionate in this situation-you had bugs that some of us didn't share in game so you know how frustrating it is for people to dismiss these experiences. I don't believe you meant to be harsh but it came across that way and it made me upset for @Mstybl95‌ because she's done nothing wrong.
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    well so far i am not disapoited with the sims4 i still play the game and if i need a change i can load another game or play on my playstation3 *Edit: with time and has we get expansionpacks stuffpacks and gamepacks(**sims4 store content)the sims4 will get better and we will have more choices

Not everyone wants to spend hundreds of dollars in an "attempt" to see if the franchise will get better. There's no proof that it will get better. We were given our first game pack already 'Loading Screen Retreat' and TS4 still looks just as bland to me as it did the day I got it.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    @nilanius I completely agree! There's way too much stuff missing.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    They say that TS4 will improve with time, there is a new 'Game Pack' out and your Sims can do loads of things it seems, they can even get lost in the woods for days on end, running into nothing but loading screens while the only over Sim they will meet is a Sim in a bear costume that might each your Sims hence the 'lost Sims bug'
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    nilanius wrote: »

The fact is, Sims 4 cut more out of its base game that all other The Sims base games ever had. The fact is, Shortcuts were taken with Sims 4, that make absolutely no sense, and compounded Sims 4's problems. And this here, is a complete checklist of what is missing or shortcutted and in no certain order:

=list of what SHOULD have been in the base game=

And all these things were part of previous sims base games. Most from sims 1, almost all are sims 2, and some from sims 3. Sims 4 is not a complete game. They added pools in, and ghosts. Features that should of been in from the get go anyways.

giphy.gif

You sir, are wonderful and articulate!!!!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I say wait for it to go on sale, because they charged too much for too little.

Also you can always look at LB on youtube/twitch, and watch LPs and read reviews of the game.

But me, personally, I'd say not to buy it.
  • Options
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I say wait for it to go on sale, because they charged too much for too little.

Also you can always look at LB on youtube/twitch, and watch LPs and read reviews of the game.

But me, personally, I'd say not to buy it.

They didn't even do a broadcast for Outdoor Retreat though which I thought was a bit odd as they done on for the patch. I mean who does LBs for patches but not contented packs?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg