Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So since the first expansion pack has always been vacation..

Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
edited January 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Every first expansion pack has traditionally about vacationing or leaving the home.

Not sure what sims 1 was but

Sims 2 university: Travelling to a university themed world to get a degree

Sims 3 world adventures: Travel to 3 different locations to have a focus on exploration/discovery

Sims 4 outdoor retreat: Travel to the forest to have a wildlife camping vacation

Do you think the first sims 4 expansion pack will still be about vacations now? It'd be kind of odd to have two vacation packs in a row. Honestly I'd prefer all future vacations be game pack style anyway, that way we can get tons of different variations.

Will we even get vacation expansion packs or will they stay the game pack way?

Also I know there's LOTS of expansion pack threads but this one's a bit different ;)
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
Post edited by Zeldaboy180 on

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i thought we already had a hint that the first EP would be something like OFB but i havent been keeping up with tweets.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    The first EP for Sims 1 was Livin' Large, which had nothing to do with leaving home. Vacation/On Holiday was #4.

The first EP for Sims 2 was University, which ostensibly had something to do with leaving home, but only for teens (who then became YAs). Bon Voyage was #6.

You're right, the first EP for Sims 3 was World Adventures.

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,869 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    i thought we already had a hint that the first EP would be something like OFB but i havent been keeping up with tweets.

I agree, though I think the pictures we saw were leaks not hints. But I do suspect they're working on an OFB EP for sure.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited January 2015
    MsPhy wrote: »
    The first EP for Sims 1 was Livin' Large, which had nothing to do with leaving home. Vacation/On Holiday was #4.

The first EP for Sims 2 was University, which ostensibly had something to do with leaving home, but only for teens (who then became YAs). Bon Voyage was #6.

You're right, the first EP for Sims 3 was World Adventures.

Whaaat? I could have sworn bon voyage was first... It's been so long thanks. It still involves travel though as it was TECHNICALLY functioning as a vacation world and you had to travel etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

Personally, I hope not. It isn't that I don't want it as I really do. For the first ones, I would rather have Seasons or Generational EPs, but OFB for a third one would work for me. I would just rather have content that is always in real life rather than supplemental ones first. :)

• Options
    Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    There was a survey that EA sent out for Sims 4. In it they asked for your opinion of EP including Active Careers, Supernatural, and a city EP where you can be an actor,director,singer (pretty late night). So this is wrong.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA