Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is It Really $12.99? O.O

Wait... WHAT? Wasn't it $19.99 this morning? When I go to the website it is $12.99! Did they cut the price that fast or is it just showing to me?

Comments

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Wait... WHAT? Wasn't it $19.99 this morning? When I go to the website it is $12.99! Did they cut the price that fast or is it just showing to me?

It's 12.99 in Mexico, US its 19.99. So, depending on your location the prices are different.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    marioXtremomarioXtremo Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited January 2015
    Ayumap wrote: »

It's 12.99 in Mexico, US its 19.99. So, depending on your location the prices are different.

Wait... WHAT? Something is cheaper in Mexico than in the USA? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I live in Tijuana, was born in San Diego, and always go to the States when I want to buy games, clothes and stuff because it is far more expensive here! I'm glad it's cheaper here, but... WHY DOES THE PRICE CHANGE DEPENDING ON THE COUNTRY? O.O
    Post edited by marioXtremo on
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2015

Wait... WHAT? Something is cheaper in Mexico than in the USA? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I live in Tijuana, was born in San Diego, and always go to the States when I want to buy games, clothes or stuff because it is far more expensive here! I'm glad it's cheaper here, but... WHY DOES THE PRICE CHANGE DEPENDING ON THE COUNTRY? O.O

Funny thing is, I have family members who go to Mexico when they want stuff cheaper. xD I think it just depends on where you're shopping. San Diego isn't exactly cheap. But the way money is converted and what it's thought people in the region can afford is probably how the prices are determined. (As well as tax laws)

There's always a way to get something cheaper in this world, how much and how to do it are another topic entirely.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Just be thankful that you are not paying the price we are paying down here in New Zealand.

This morning it was $50 nz (about $38 us). After protests they reduced it to $40 ($30 US)

So we are paying nearly 2 and half times as much as you.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    Just be thankful that you are not paying the price we are paying down here in New Zealand.

This morning it was $50 nz (about $38 us). After protests they reduced it to $40 ($30 US)

So we are paying nearly 2 and half times as much as you.

WHAT? THAT'S A LOT! D: But why does the price change for every country? O.O
  • Options
    SkulltecSkulltec Posts: 474 Member
    Mexican vpn, problem solved.
  • Options
    Treasure123Treasure123 Posts: 5 New Member
    Even though they have fixed the price in NZ here, im still not happy paying that much for what you get, the exchange rate should put the game at 26 dollars not 39.99, not happy, not at all.
  • Options
    katakata Posts: 25 Member
    The price for me is 20€, which is almost 27 USD. A little better than the prices in NZ and Australia but I'm still kind of disappointed. Probably won't be buying this.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Skulltec wrote: »
    Mexican vpn, problem solved.

What is a VPN? :P
    Even though they have fixed the price in NZ here, im still not happy paying that much for what you get, the exchange rate should put the game at 26 dollars not 39.99, not happy, not at all.

That's really expensive! :(
    kata wrote: »
    The price for me is 20€, which is almost 27 USD. A little better than the prices in NZ and Australia but I'm still kind of disappointed. Probably won't be buying this.

Yeah, you people paying over $20 USD should demand a lower price and let them know you won't buy it otherwise! If they see no one will buy it, I'm sure they'll change the price! :)
  • Options
    HaylziesHaylzies Posts: 169 Member

Yeah, you people paying over $20 USD should demand a lower price and let them know you won't buy it otherwise! If they see no one will buy it, I'm sure they'll change the price! :)

Well that's my stance, unfortunately there are always people who go ahead and buy it which kind of screws that up lol.

I'm waiting, my sims don't need to go camping that badly.

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Wait... WHAT? Something is cheaper in Mexico than in the USA? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I live in Tijuana, was born in San Diego, and always go to the States when I want to buy games, clothes and stuff because it is far more expensive here! I'm glad it's cheaper here, but... WHY DOES THE PRICE CHANGE DEPENDING ON THE COUNTRY? O.O

Because the value of the dollar is different in Mexico.

The dollar can be stronger depending on where you are. So for people living in Mexico, paying $13 is just as much as someone from the US paying $20.
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    kata wrote: »

I live in a euro-country, too, so yes, it's 20€ for me, too. Kind of annoying that it's more than the US price :(

While I'm really tempted to get this pack now, I think I'll wait for a while. Just in case there's a sale on Origin soon :)

Anyway, I really don't know about the dollar prices, but this generally seems less expensive than Sims 3 EP:s and SP:s. I mean, I know it has less content than Sims 3 EP:s, but it does have new game play unlike Sims 3 SP:s, and I think they were about 20€, too, at least their original price. So, if I get something even close to an EP at the price of an SP, I guess it's a pretty good deal. Although I only ever bought one Sims 3 SP, and it was on sale.

01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited January 2015
    I payed USD 12.99
    Seem cheapest price is for all America except USA and Canada

Sepaking at other forum [where is used use pirate copies] it is reasonable, as at this part of world, exchange woul make it no too accesible like for 'yankis' :lol:

anyway at Argentina our gov add about 35% for international transactions in USD with credit cards then after all we pay [at credit card extract] USD 12.99 + 35% then USD 17.53*

* after all, from here still is accessible
  • Options
    HekatherinaHekatherina Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2015
    [quote="Skulltec;13186311"]Mexican vpn, problem solved.[/quote]

That's the reason why my Sims 4 version cannot be installed in English (and the translation leaves much to be desired). Outdoor Retreat here in Russia costs ~$12 (because of the cheap ruble).