Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bartenders are not fixed yet.......

I am very disappointed that public lot bartenders are still broken.

#ThirstySims continues............

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i was wondering if that was the case since there was no mentioning of it in the notes, have you tested the game yet? i would try a new game if you havent to confirm thats that case
  • Options
    Nyar1313Nyar1313 Posts: 8 New Member
    Still broken, even tried it with a completely fresh install and the issue persists. I wouldn't expect another patch before next Tuesday, so at least another week or longer it seems. I wonder if this or the party banter bug in DAI will be fixed first.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Nyar1313 wrote: »
    Still broken, even tried it with a completely fresh install and the issue persists. I wouldn't expect another patch before next Tuesday, so at least another week or longer it seems. I wonder if this or the party banter bug in DAI will be fixed first.

thanks for the confirmation
  • Options
    siefier25siefier25 Posts: 41 Member
    DAI is Bioware, and The Sims 4 Maxis. Really all EA is the publisher, and rights owner, of both franchises. The people working on things like patches and content for games are done by their respective developer companies
  • Options
    solarsissolarsis Posts: 1 New Member
    The bartender bug is major for me because of the so very few venue options the Sims 4 have now. I wish the developers would care more about fixing the current bugs before asking us to pay for a new expansion already.
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Bartenders don't work for me, either, and I have done the "suggested steps" such as reset the dude, check the label of the place in Build Mode and so-forth.

Or the guy will make the drink but the Sims shouting for drinks don't grab them.
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    edited January 2015
    I just want to state that I have this bug as well, Bob the pancake guy is just looking there and not doing anything while taking my money. It made me so frustrated when I played it. I hope they fix this soon.
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    Like so many of us on this forum, I have the issue of Sims not getting served their drinks when they are in clubs. At least most of the time. Shockingly, my Sim was served a drink several times while visiting a bar. He also had to wait for drinks the never came on the same visit.
  • Options
    ImSoSciFiImSoSciFi Posts: 63 Member
    Yep my bartenders are not making drinks either. They just keep taking my money smh. Also, my caterer won't cook, Anyone has else that problem ?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hopefully ,this will be fixed next patch, this anoys me so sooo much!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I have read that several have had temporary success with resetting the bar itself rather than the bartender, but that it breaks again fairly quickly and has to be reset several times during any outing.
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    I can't believe they haven't fixed it yet!!! :(
  • Options
    lubbeauxlubbeaux Posts: 6 New Member
    Same, same, same!
  • Options
    Sakja123Sakja123 Posts: 26 New Member
    Not for me either.
  • Options
    Amazingly, I don't have the bar glitch anymore. I don't know what happened, but it's gone. The dirty dishes glitch is gone too. Why? I didn't "repair game".
  • Options
    RyckRyck Posts: 214 Member
    dogdancer wrote: »
    Amazingly, I don't have the bar glitch anymore. I don't know what happened, but it's gone. The dirty dishes glitch is gone too. Why? I didn't "repair game".

Sometimes they will work for a very short while, like a round or two of dirnks, but it will break soon enough. I just did a fresh install to test it and it is still there with people everywhere waving their arms and the bartender has no uniform. We all have the same versions of the game and it is definitely Not Fixed.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I hope they fix this bug very soon, it took me forever to earn a gold medal wedding because of this silly glitch/bug. :\
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    You don't have to have a bartender to serve drinks at a wedding or to make a toast. You can use orange juice or milk out of the refrigerator. (Just throwing that out there. The bartender bug does still plum and needs to be fixed).
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Really? I just assumed when it said "drinks" that it meant "bar drinks". :D LOL

Thanks for the info/tip!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,457 Member
    I'm also totally annoyed by the lazy bartenders! In my lounge the bartenders keep constantly going away and are replaced by others. It's like in the buggy restaurant from S3 ...
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    For me the problem is only with townies not getting served by the bartender and screaming for hours to get a drink. But if my sim sits down and order/pay for the other townies, everybody is served and get drinks. So I don't know what is going on.
  • Options
    RyckRyck Posts: 214 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    For me the problem is only with townies not getting served by the bartender and screaming for hours to get a drink. But if my sim sits down and order/pay for the other townies, everybody is served and get drinks. So I don't know what is going on.

If you click on the bartender to order a drink, it will sometimes work. If your sims autonomously order a drink it does not work and money just flies out their pocket. Same with townies. They don't get served either. Then the bartender leaves every 2 minutes and new bartender who isn't wearing a uniform either comes in and doesn't served. Sometimes the bartender just wander off to the tv. Something is probably wrong with the role assigned to the bartender in the game as they don't know to wear their uniform.
  • Options
    I thought I got rid of the bartender glitch, but it's baaack! Plum!
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    This thing is still broken. The ONE thing we actually have to do, and we can't even do that!
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    CreoleSim wrote: »
    This thing is still broken. The ONE thing we actually have to do, and we can't even do that!

True, with so little community lots to hang out with other sims, to go on dates, get drinks and have fun, the fact that the only ones we have are bugged makes me feel obligated to stay at home all the time or just travel to the park :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1