Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

game pack coming out this week.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    When you get as old as I am (65) you tend to need more explaining than when you are young.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2015
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Granite Falls is the name of the place in Outdoor Retreat, and is a world on to it's self. When you get it, and install it. There will be world icon for Granite Falls right along side the world icons for Willow Creek and Oasis Springs in your game. :)
    To say it is a new world how big will it be. I have seen so little of it, it seems like a venue

It only has 3 neighborhoods, so it's not very big like Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. Which both of those have 5 neighborhoods each. :)

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Granite Falls is the name of the place in Outdoor Retreat, and is a world on to it's self. When you get it, and install it. There will be world icon for Granite Falls right along side the world icons for Willow Creek and Oasis Springs in your game. :)
    To say it is a new world how big will it be. I have seen so little of it, it seems like a venue

It only has 3 neighborhoods, so it's not very big like Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. Which both of those have 5 neighborhoods each. :)

It could be just as big, but just that it is divided differently. I would hope that each new world that comes will not be based on the same recipe they gave us for the two worlds we have now. I want to see something different. I would get rather bored if every world was the same layout and the same size for each neighbourhood. I can't see them aking them all the same cookie-cutter kind of thing.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

It could be just as big, but just that it is divided differently. I would hope that each new world that comes will not be based on the same recipe they gave us for the two worlds we have now. I want to see something different. I would get rather bored if every world was the same layout and the same size for each neighbourhood. I can't see them aking them all the same cookie-cutter kind of thing.
    It's possible that it is the same size as Willow Creek and Oasis Springs, but we have no way of knowing that for sure until we are playing the new pack. :)

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Edited because of double post. :(

• Options

It's possible that it is the same size as Willow Creek and Oasis Springs, but we have no way of knowing that for sure until we are playing the new pack. :)

Exactly. And that's why I'm buying it!

• Options

I'm buying it because I use to go camping in RL. I still do, but not as much as I would like these days. :)

• Options

I'm buying it because I use to go camping in RL. I still do, but not as much as I would like these days. :)

Me too. I love camping and hiking and all that. That's mainly why I am buying it. But the other is to test the gp waters and see if it's going to be worth the money.

If I love camping and want this ep, and then feel let down again like all the TS3 store stuff, then I will reconsider what I want to do with this game. I love it, but I'm not going to sink everything in to it again only to find it disappoints like the last time.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ShalimarX wrote: »
    The world is part of the game pack. Game pack is just a rename for what use to be known as Stuff Packs in Sims 3.

In closest similarity would probably be Buccaneers Bay for Sims 3. That included a 'world' and a bunch of themed pirate/boat junk to go with it. The difference being Bucc's Bay you could settle on, Granite Falls by reports, is like China/France/Egypt from World Adventures, you visit it for X time before heading back to your home.

Actually we'll probably still get Stuff Packs -- maybe more since they'll be replacing what used to be in the Sims 3 Store. Game Packs are more like mini-EPs with additional gameplay (which we didn't get in stuff packs) and a theme, but that's a little too skimpy for a full EP (at full EP prices/budget).

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    KHarpoolKHarpool Posts: 56 Member
    I sure wish they'd give us a definitive date rather than just a 'This week' blurb.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I guess it will be different and something we will have to see if it is worth it. I am ready to play something new. I just hope there are not a lot of things we have to accomplish before we can do other things. I hate being told how I have to play my game.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited January 2015

It has 2 neighborhoods. One is for camping and the other is the national park. There is a hidden lot somewhere in the national park where the hermit resides.

Nope, you're right.. just found this tweet by Sarah: Granite Falls has 2 major neighborhoods - campsite & forest - & secret 3rd neighborhood where a hermit is rumored to live...

I thought it was only going to be a hidden lot like Sylvan Glade or the Hidden Grotto.