Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's dirty??

In my sim house, the dirty surroundings indicator is on and when she walks in her door she makes gagging motions. I've checked all over the house and nothing is out of place. But...the SIM that died in front of her building's tombstone is still there, could that be it?

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Does she only have the dirty surroundings moodlet inside? Is it limited to a certain room by the door?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    What I do to find the exact location is I will put up a wall, usually dividing the room in half. Go the the section where the issue is, and repeat the progress until I find the location. I had this one time what happened was my sim was taking out the trash when the game glitched out, and my sim was reset by the game. For some reason the trash was gone, but not the negative moodlet. I ended up moving my family from that house because it was in a really bad spot.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    That happened to me, turned out my sim was putting away food, the food glitched and instead of making it into the fridge it was inside the dishwasher on the floor. The whole family would have that stinky moodlet in the kitchen and it drove me crazy. Took me three or four sim days to finally track it down. I thought maybe a counter had glitched and was reading as dirty. So while I was switching out the old for new counters that's how I found the food. It has never happened again, only that one time.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    dlocket61dlocket61 Posts: 136 Member
    The last place I sent her was to the garbage chute. I'm going to have her go there again.
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    I was playing in the future - Oasis Landing - and my Sim's house got hit by a meteorite. I had to re-paint the front door and redecorate a bit but still the Sims got the dirty moodlet when they went outside. After several Sim days I found out the cause of the problem - that tiny thing for leaning bikes against had got sooty when the meteorite struck and needed to be cleaned up :( I didn't even know it was there because it was tucked away so closely to the house.

In Sims 2 it took me ages to realise that the cause of my Sim's moaning was a faulty sprinkler hidden away in the vegetable patch.

Occasionally I forget to paint a wall when I give a house a makeover but it's not always easy for the player to notice because of the way the walls cut away.

Or, if there's recently been a fire sometimes a bit of soot gets missed in the clean-up afterwards. An item of furniture might need to be moved or replaced.

Possibly a counter or a sink needs cleaning.

If you still can't find the cause of the problem it might be an idea to hire a maid and hope you get a good one who will do a thorough job.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    ratsrbest wrote: »
    If you still can't find the cause of the problem it might be an idea to hire a maid and hope you get a good one who will do a thorough job.
    Or at least footstomp somewhere near the errant object with a thought bubble of something that looks dirty that they can't reach. Sometimes that's a pretty good clue as well. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    KHarpoolKHarpool Posts: 56 Member
    I had a dirty plate tucked away behind a diagonally placed microwave. Not sure how it got there, but it drove me nuts until I found it.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    happened it to me
    If you are at eat room and kitchen is only separate by fence, check counters
  • Options
    This is driving me nuts lol. She did get hit by a meteor somewhere because she came home sooty, I had her take a bath to clean herself up. She has a maid, I pulled out the cabinets, stove and refrigerator and still nothing but from your ideas I didn't think to replace the tub. Going off to try that now.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    In case that doesn't work...

If you are not averse to using mods, you could use NRaas DebugEnabler to Force Clean the lot.

Without mods, you could bring a Genie into the household -- they can clean the entire lot by clapping their hands. Of course, you have to have the Showtime EP to try that.

You could also try reverting to Edit Town, evicting the household (just to the screen's clipboard), copying the now uninhabited lot down to your residential bin, bulldozing the original, replacing the lot, and moving your sims right back in. Not sure if this trick will work in this case as I can't remember if soiled items, whatever they are, survive the copy/replace process or if everything comes out fresh and clean.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestion, I have no problem with mods and I have been thinking of using 1 or 2, I thought about moving her out and back in. I'll try both and see what works. I have already replaced everything in the house, hired a new maid and cleaned all the old papers out of my inventory but something keeps telling me to put that tombstone in the cemetery.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I usually let one of my witches throw a spell and everything gets cleaned up nice and tidy! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    jillbg wrote: »
    I usually let one of my witches throw a spell and everything gets cleaned up nice and tidy! :D
    Ah, didn't think of that. I'm a little late to the party with the witchcraft thing. My witches are all teens and so far the best they could do is conjure up some apples. Anyone hungry? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I did install the master controller but not sure how to debug.
  • Options
    DebugEnabler is not MasterController. They are different mods. :)

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/DebugEnabler
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    dlocket61 wrote: »
    but something keeps telling me to put that tombstone in the cemetery.

How did the Sim die?

Could s/he have left some unsightly residue? It might be worth looking under the foundation for ash or a puddle...
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    Igazor, ok I understand, do you know of a good one?
  • Options
    Ratsrbest, the sim died of starvation in front of my sims apt. building and now his ghost comes to her apt. and eats
  • Options
    Igazor, ok I understand, do you know of a good one?
    I gave you the link to NRaas DebugEnabler. It's a different mod from NRaas MasterController, but there is no reason you can't have both.

Once installed, click on the lot or the lot tag and NRaas > DebugEnabler > Options:Lot > Force Clean (or something like that, sorry am not near my game at the moment).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Trying it now. Thank you so much.
  • Options
    Ratsrbest, the sim died of starvation in front of my sims apt. building and now his ghost comes to her apt. and eats

Is it possible that he's left a dirty plate somewhere inaccessible ?

I'm picturing a ghost plate haunting your Sim - taunting her because she only just sees it out of the corner of her eye and can't quite catch it to pop it into the dishwasher :D
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    Ok I have tried everything that was suggested I think I have to agree with Ratsrbest, the ghost left something in the house and hopefully he'll come back and clean it up. If not I guess I'll have to move her.
  • Options
    As if I didn't have enough going on, now she won't go to work (sigh)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,128 Member
    A little tip that I never knew of until a few weeks ago:

If you can't find the source of the stinkiness but don't like the effect the moodlet is having on your Sim, here's how to get rid of the Moodlet.

Go into the cheat bar and type "testingcheatsenabled true" Enter. Now, hold down Ctrl and click on the bad moodlet, it will be removed. :)
    Voila!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    OMG!!!! I did what Igazor said about removing the building and it worked!!!! Thank you soooo much