Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trollsim Prettacy-It Ain't Easy Being Green Update 1-11

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    Oh, yeah an update! So glad to see the family so happy, I love their home and the garden.
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge
  • Options
    simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Here is an update! Sorry it has been so long I thought I had enough pictures for 3 chapters, but they mysteriously disappeared, either that or I totally forgot to take any, I've certainly forgotten to in the past :) Anyway I had to open an alternate save to get any pictures of the girls as children. Then I had to find time to write between the holiday, and school!

1-10 Of Story and Legend
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Oh, I had gotten so caught up in the family during your previous chapters that I had forgotten all about the original mission and TrollSim's back story! Thank you for reminding me of it! I love how delightfully clever that opening was, transitioning from Moonlight Falls, and Emit R. and all that!

What a great chapter! This is so magical!

Too bad you had to go back to get the photos--but they're great photos and they really fit!

Beautiful story! I'm so intrigued to see how it develops from here.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Thanks @CathyTea I was beginning to forget the original story line also, so I felt it was time to remind readers that Trevor has a mission, even if he doesn't know what it is yet. :D
  • Options
    Yes, it's so cool! And such a great thread to run through all the generations!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Wow great update!! Can't wait to see what happens next. I like the way the daughter asks about her dad. It would be a very natural thing to want to know why your dad and sister are the only trolls in town.
  • Options
    Thanks @Glimmer50! I thought it was fitting too, and since the girls will be teens soon I felt it was time to bring that element in again. I think I have enough for two more chapters before both are teens and then I plan on setting up a vote for the heir. Right now I know who I would choose, but the random part means that a vote or random roll decides not me :)
  • Options
    Okay a long overdue update has just been posted! Noel and Jolene spend the day together just before Noel's birthday 1-11 The Troll Prince
  • Options
    Just in case anyone missed my long over due update! Bump o:)
  • Options
    Such a sweet chapter! I love those last precious days of childhood! And I'm sure they'll enjoy being teens together, eventually, too!

• Options
    toxxikicepopstoxxikicepops Posts: 41 Member
    I didn't finish reading it all, but.. he has such character about him! He's not ugly enough for this challenge! LOL Do you have him on the Gallery??
  • Options
    Thanks, I know, I didn't have the heart to make him truly ugly, just goofy. He is on the exchange, my origin name is simply Simbody.
  • Options
    @CathyTea I'm trying to slow it down a bit. I tend to fly through the first gen and then realize I have to make up for it later! Both of their childhoods and teen years are flying by. Noel is almost a YA and Jolene is already a teen, but rushing the story didn't feel right! 2 more chapters and both will be teens. If my weekend goes smoothly I will get at least one of them up, maybe both. :)
  • Options
    HannahtheSimloverHannahtheSimlover Posts: 4 New Member
    I Love this story.btw I'm making a legacy story but so far it's been more playing then writing.
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    That was so sweet. :) I love how in-depth their make-believe went.
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Thanks! @FloorRaisin‌ I wasn't sure how well it would go over with the readers, but my daughter loved the story they created. Both of them find their history, or rather lack of, fascinating, plus they come from a family of story tellers so it seemed natural that they would create their own tale.

School is back in session for me so it might be a while before the next update, I'm still trying to decide what to add in now and what should wait until later on in the legacy. I want to move my story along, and the family to the next gen, but I'm not sure how much of the 'quest' I want to bring in just yet, or even 'how' I want to present it.

@HannahtheSimlover‌ I'm glad you are enjoying my legacy! I tend to want to play more than write too, which is why there aren't more updates! I found a severe lack of screenshots throughout Noel's childhood and had to go back to an earlier save to get some. It was hard not to make changes when I played because as you go you learn how to better do things, but I managed to still do the same things and get the screenshots I wanted so hopefully I can get the next two chapters written and get back to the original family to continue the legacy! I get busy playing and forget to take pictures, though I'm half convinced that I lost some, because there were scenes that I specifically remember taking pictures of that I couldn't find later.
  • Options
    A new update to the Trollsim family. Noel has her birthday and most of them head to the park to spend the day. It doesn't exactly go as they all hope it would.

1-12 Not Exactly a Walk in the Park
  • Options
    All my teen girls seem to grow up in that pink blowzy jumpsuit! I always let everybody keep their default outfits, for I'm superstitious that it somehow reveals their choice or their true nature, but then I fill out the wardrobe with clothes we choose together.

Really nice chapter! When I saw those red plumbobs walking back home, it reminded me so much of so many of my Sims' trips to parks--no missions accomplished, just another day gone, and a few very tired Sims!

• Options
    I've not had too many age into that outfit, and it's really not bad, it was the hair that made her look Young Adult rather than teen :D She has moms nose and mouth, but dads cheek bones. I think she lucked out with the genes.

This one was pretty long, but I couldn't find a point to break it into two. There is only one more chapter and Jolene will be a teen also. There is only a few days between them and there just isn't much except going to school for both of them. Then I'll set up a poll to vote for the heir. I've seen them both and already know who I would choose, but that takes the randomness out of it. I see that Pinstar updated the rules to include a democratic choice for heir, so I guess I'm going to use this opportunity to change my succession law to democracy rather than random. :) Now if I was at any point other than choosing 2nd gens heir I wouldn't, but I don't think it's going to break anything if I do. I decided at the beginning that I was going to enjoy the story rather than try for points anyway.
  • Options
    Super cute update. Loved all the geek references. I adore Jolene, and Noel is such a great big sister!
  • Options
    Loved all the geek references.

Thanks! I was worried that some of them wouldn't go over well so I cut most of them out because I was going too geek :D I'm catching up on my Dr Who on Netflix before they remove it in February :( I haven't really watched it since David Tennant left (My favorite Dr.). I hate change, but you would think with Dr. Who I would be used to that!

• Options
    I feel ya. I'm still attached to Eccleston! Tennant grew on me (esp. w/Rose), but I could never really get into Smith, even though there are some great episodes. Haven't seen any of the new ones yet. :)
  • Options
    For me, there's only No. 4, Tom Baker.

• Options
    I didn't appreciate Dr. Who until I was older, so I don't remember much about any of the previous Drs prior to Eccleston. I remember watching them as a child, but that's about it. I have really only seen one show with Matt Smith so I haven't yet formed an opinion on the 11th Dr. My sister likes him better than the 10th, but her favorite is the 9th.