Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twins- An experiment

sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
I started a new family, a YA and her boyfriend.

2whla53.png

o9i93c.png

I got her pregnant. (I use two mods- one to determine what the sex of the babie(s) and how many of them, and another to "delete" the pregnancy if need be.)

I scanned her pregnancy and of course, it came out to be twin boys. I didn't want that, so I deleted the pregnancy and tried again....only to get twins again. I decided to try something out, to see how bad this glitch really is. I was actually shocked at what I found. I had her get pregnant 10 times to test it out. Here's the results.

1) Twin boys
2) Twin girls
3)Twin boys
4)Twin boys
5)Twin boys
6)Twin girl+boy
7)Twin girls
8)Twin girl+boy
9)Not pregnant
10)Twin girls

Not ONCE did I get a single baby, which is what I was hoping for. This is getting out of control. I thought the chances were just raised but it appears that its almost 100% that a birth will result in twins now. Too bad EA has been silent.
WLfAA9V.png

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2015
    I started a new family, a YA and her boyfriend.

I got her pregnant. (I use two mods- one to determine what the sex of the babie(s) and how many of them, and another to "delete" the pregnancy if need be.)

I scanned her pregnancy and of course, it came out to be twin boys. I didn't want that, so I deleted the pregnancy and tried again....only to get twins again. I decided to try something out, to see how bad this glitch really is. I was actually shocked at what I found. I had her get pregnant 10 times to test it out. Here's the results.

1) Twin boys
    2) Twin girls
    3)Twin boys
    4)Twin boys
    5)Twin boys
    6)Twin girl+boy
    7)Twin girls
    8)Twin girl+boy
    9)Not pregnant
    10)Twin girls

Not ONCE did I get a single baby, which is what I was hoping for. This is getting out of control. I thought the chances were just raised but it appears that its almost 100% that a birth will result in twins now. Too bad EA has been silent.

I have no idea why the chances were raised to begin with. The game was fine the way it was.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    I've got the same mods. Out of about 40 pregnancies I got 4 singles. Three times I got triplets. All the rest twins. It's getting a bit silly now.
  • Options
    MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    I agree with you. The chances of getting twins was fine before the patch. I Wonder why they felt a need to increase the odds of getting twins. It's terrible now an no Guru or anyone mentionned working on the issue.
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    its double the fun! yeah the odds are horribly skewed but it wasnt bad for me to have twins because i wanted a girl and the first was a boy so i was glad when i got the second kid and it was a girl. but thats it for me. 2 is more than enough.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    MissB wrote: »
    I agree with you. The chances of getting twins was fine before the patch. I Wonder why they felt a need to increase the odds of getting twins. It's terrible now an no Guru or anyone mentionned working on the issue.

Considering the small sizes of the worlds and the fact that we can't add more at the present moment, as well as the large number of small lots, increasing the chances of having twins the way they did is just daft.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited January 2015
    I got a single baby when my Sim did not use the pregnancy test. Got too busy with the game and lost the option. The last twins one of my Sim families had were, drumroll, a boy and a girl. I was happy. Have never ever had a girl and a boy. The mom Sim used the pregnancy test.
  • Options
    SkellySpadesSkellySpades Posts: 328 Member
    I think it's more probable to say the rate of singles and twins were inversed.

Out of 20 births:
    I had 15 sets of twins, 5 individual births.
    About 80% were girls.
  • Options
    SimsLovahSimsLovah Posts: 394 Member
    Whats the cheat/mod ? c;
  • Options
    Its definitely ridiculous. If I can't get my sim the boy they want I might just have twins and move one out lol. I really don't like adopting unless I have too, I'd rather carry on my sims genes.
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    MissB wrote: »

Considering the small sizes of the worlds and the fact that we can't add more at the present moment, as well as the large number of small lots, increasing the chances of having twins the way they did is just daft.

I agree. Literally all of my families have had twins. Eventually they grow up and have no where to live lol.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    SimsLovah wrote: »
    Whats the cheat/mod ? c;

Not sure if I'm allowed to link here....go to mod the sims. One is called "pregnancy scanner" and the other is "terminate pregnancy command"

Edit- now that I'm looking at the site, I see there is a mod where you can choose the gender and number of babies. Maybe I'll grab that one as well.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    edited January 2015
    hey... maybe this high chance of twins is what they want, or is previous step for other thing

I say... there are mods than show it is easy patch it

I saw a mod than allow even quintuplets!
    with a ratio:
    1x 55%
    2x 25%
    3x 13%
    4x 5%
    5x 2%

or other flavor:
    1x 86%
    2x 10%
    3x 2.3%
    4x 1%
    5x 0.7%
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    edited January 2015
    Make them fight each other to the death
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    so ridiculous. Im on my 4th gen with my sims and they keep having twins...
  • Options
    katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    Is this a new bug in December patch? Last time I tried to have twins, I got singles 5x (all mysteriously died the next few hours after being a teen) in a row but that was in late November.
    Happy Simming
  • Options
    katycat737 wrote: »
    Is this a new bug in December patch? Last time I tried to have twins, I got singles 5x (all mysteriously died the next few hours after being a teen) in a row but that was in late November.

Yeah, it came with the Dec. careers patch

WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    katycat737 wrote: »

Yeah, it came with the Dec. careers patch

maybe they wanted to make "baby popper" a career
  • Options
    mangoandgypsymangoandgypsy Posts: 41 Member
    I gave up on it, so I installed a mod that allows only single babies to be birthed. I used to think twins were rare and exciting, but I never want to play with them again.
  • Options
    I gave up on it, so I installed a mod that allows only single babies to be birthed. I used to think twins were rare and exciting, but I never want to play with them again.

LOL
    I may just adopt from now on...

the mod you use, is it the one from mod the sims?
  • Options
    mangoandgypsymangoandgypsy Posts: 41 Member
    > @simsluvr90 said:
    > mangoandgypsy wrote: »
    >
    > I gave up on it, so I installed a mod that allows only single babies to be birthed. I used to think twins were rare and exciting, but I never want to play with them again.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > LOL
    > I may just adopt from now on...
    >
    > the mod you use, is it the one from mod the sims?

Yep, it's called "Choose number of babies" and it's by pekesims :)
  • Options
    > @simsluvr90 said:<br />
    > mangoandgypsy wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > I gave up on it, so I installed a mod that allows only single babies to be birthed. I used to think twins were rare and exciting, but I never want to play with them again.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > LOL<br />
    > I may just adopt from now on...<br />
    > <br />
    > the mod you use, is it the one from mod the sims?<br />
    <br />
    Yep, it's called "Choose number of babies" and it's by pekesims :)

cool thanks

I may have to get it until they fix the glitch. I like adopting but I like passing on genetics
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have said this before in other threads ... People were complaining it was too hard to start fires and kill Sims. Also, people were complaining that it was too hard to have twins born in the game. People wished for easier fire and twins. Boom the Dec. patch came out and we now have easy fires and twins. Wishes granted!

Careful for what you wish for around here!
    Wishes can be granted!

Looking for a safe exit before more wishes are granted out of spite by gurus wearing funny little gnome hats. he he as they sneak away into the darkness .... Well, I don't think it is funny! Don't think they will ever admit it. I just wish they would fix it! The joke is over!
  • Options
    61Dustin61Dustin Posts: 74 Member
    Wow, that is way out of control. I hope they patch this soon. It feel game breaking to me.
  • Options
    Lollipop234Lollipop234 Posts: 251 Member
    I don't think that they meant to do that.
    Even if they wanted to raise the chance for twins... something went terrible wrong. I doubt that they thought a chance of 90% or even more is appropriate. I don't think that people had the wish to get twins easier anyways. I never read that in the forums. I think the chance for twins was already higher in the Sims 4 then it was in the previous games. People were getting a lot of twins even before the patch. So there really wasn't a need to change it. Furthermore they would have mentioned it in the patch notes if they had changed the odds.

In my opinion it is very unlikely that they did that on purpose. They probably tried to change something else and something got messed up, so many people are having this bug.
    I don't seem to have it though, because since the patch I had one single birth myself and two townies that I got pregnant had single births as well. But I also want to try the pregnancy scan mod to see if I'm really bug-free. I think it's really intersting.
    I'm playing the Sims since day 1.
    I hate my username (Please forgive my younger self)
    Origin ID: VanillaxSimmer
    Raines legacy family tree

Visit my simblr!
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @ Lollipop234 Both threads contain statements about wanting twins and not getting them

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802954/i-cant-get-twins/p1
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/777698/first-babies-born-twins

To hard to kill Sims

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/786559/why-do-i-have-to-work-so-hard-to-kill-my-sims
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/778647/hard-to-kill-sims

There are more about fire and twins if you care to search for "I can't have twins" and "to hard to kill Sims"
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,719 Member
    My main sim didn't have kids since November, but she was pregnant twice back then and both times were twins. So I don't think the chances were very low even before the Dec patch.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg