Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which expansion pack do you think I should get next?

Helloo. So I was planning to get another expansion pack .. I currently have pets, generations and supernatural.
I'm really into animals, outdoors and supernatural stuff, i don't really like expansions like university life in sims 2 where you have to travel
Ty ^^

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Island Paradise. It focuses a lot on outdoor activities.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    SketchSketch Posts: 430 Member
    I agree with @bobyo200. I would go with Island Paradise as well.
    Shj7guV.png
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Isla Paradiso is so beautiful!!! But, I think you should get Seasons.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Yep IP as long as you have a decent PC setup as it can be buggy, however seasons is a must as well for the beauty of the changing of seasons in all your worlds, perhaps begging a family member who loves you might work to get both? :D
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    I would also like to recommend Island Paradise with the caveat that it the game world, Isla Paradiso, can be buggy and lags for a lot of people. Personally, I have never had any problems with it and it is one of my favorite neighborhoods. And it is possible to fix the lag by moving or deleting all the families that live in Houseboats, though.

You should at least consider getting Season, though, as it is also a great EP.

But a lot depends on how you play, so you should check out Lazy Game Reviews of both EPs before deciding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiW1SLPrB5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPsri_-tIXk

Good luck!
  • Options
    MelMel Posts: 5 New Member
    Haha I would get both, but I'm not sure my pc will handle them on high settings(that's how I like to play)
    Maybe someone could tell me if both would run smoothly? I have CC too.
    CPU: intel core i3 3110M 2.4 Ghz
    RAM: 4 GB
  • Options
    Mel wrote: »
    Haha I would get both, but I'm not sure my pc will handle them on high settings(that's how I like to play)<br />
    Maybe someone could tell me if both would run smoothly? I have CC too.<br />
    CPU: intel core i3 3110M 2.4 Ghz<br />
    RAM: 4 GB

what graphics card have you got?
  • Options
    MelMel Posts: 5 New Member
    nvidia geforce gt 710M
  • Options
    Mel,

Personally I am no expert I had mine built to play both 3&4 but you don't appear to have a low graphics card so maybe you would be able to handle an extra expansion pack? Maybe if you post your specs in the tech section someone will advise as I would hate to predict with my limited knowledge and get it wrong :D
  • Options
    lisastar08lisastar08 Posts: 121 Member
    I'd say Seasons. Switched over from Sims 2 about a month ago, got seasons this week and not sure how I lasted so long without it, it really brings the game together imo.
  • Options
    FlowerbrainMCFlowerbrainMC Posts: 107 Member
    Seasons lags a lot... My laptop sucks now.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I don't really know what to write here,
    so here, have an internet hug
    <3
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Mel wrote: »
    Helloo. So I was planning to get another expansion pack .. I currently have pets, generations and supernatural.<br />
    I'm really into animals, outdoors and supernatural stuff, i don't really like expansions like university life in sims 2 where you have to travel<br />
    Ty ^^

Get Late Night, or University Life, in my opinion those are the best EP's for the Sims 3, Seasons is not bad but in the Sims 3 it's basically esthetic things and repetitive festivals.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited January 2015
    Not sure if you do this already, but since you only have 4gb memory, it may help your game's performance to turn off background applications while playing the game.

Too bad you don't like to travel in sims, though I understand. I love ITF, which isn't a surprise. Almost all my sims have a plumbot, even if they rarely go to the future. But you don't want that, so let me think!

It kind of depends what kind of world you play. I would say probably late night or island paradise. It's fun to take your sim to a club now and then, and I like celebrities, even though I know some people don't like it. You can cheat to change their celebrity level or disable it if you don't want your sim to be a celebrity. And some mods change the annoying aspects (for some people) of being a celebrity, like being publicly accused and paparazzi. It's a fun way to make you sim seem important. It's also a great ep if you like the modern style. I use almost no cc (except for a set of windows) on my modern houses, using mostly late night and ITF for the furniture.

I agree with others that island paradise is fun, though I have hardly played with all its features. I love the pool additions it brings. Seasons is pretty, but not necessary to me.
  • Options
    meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    I recommend World Adventures :-) I really enjoy it. I STILL haven't explred all the tombs and collected all the collectables yet. So much to do!
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Late Night or Ambitions ... Maybe World Adventures if you can stand the travel.
    Look around now that Sims 4 is out ... A lot of times you can find a bundle of multiple sets for sale regarding Sims 3.

Not only are the Sims 3 games cheap now ... You can get a couple bundled really cheap.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    Since you like the outdoors, Seasons and Island Paradise will provide you with a lot of fun outdoor activities. Island Paradise brings a beautiful tropical world (although it can be laggy). You can scuba dive, use all matter of water vehicles such as the row boat, windsurfing, the Aqua sled. There is a lifeguard career as well. And there are tutorials online to show you how to add docks and dive spots to other worlds so you can do those activities outside of Isla Paradiso