Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 or Sims 4 Which would you Recommend?

Comments

• Options
    carroebcarroeb Posts: 37 Member
    The Sims 3! But I have actually started to like The Sims 4 a bit more...
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Warning: both games are infested with bugs and TS3 requires a powerful computer to run.
    Or dropping two mods and forgetting about performance issues and bugs all together. Whichever floats your boat :smiley:
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    Warning: both games are infested with bugs and TS3 requires a powerful computer to run.
    Or dropping two mods and forgetting about performance issues and bugs all together. Whichever floats your boat :smiley:
    I still get bugs with TS3 (invisible sims, live/buy mode mixing, wrong sim portrait in UI...) but much less than before.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Between those two games? The Sims 3.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    I still get bugs with TS3 (invisible sims, live/buy mode mixing, wrong sim portrait in UI...) but much less than before.
    Really? I haven't had invisible sims in ages (I remember how annoying that could get). I never quite experienced live/buy mode mixing, and some part of me secretly wants it to happen for some weird unknown reason. Guess it depends on which mods are run, I consider two to be fundamental in getting rid of at least 80% of the games' glitches/bugs and any performance issues but then again I have also tweaked the game myself on top of them.
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Sims 5. That or Sims 3
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Really? I haven't had invisible sims in ages (I remember how annoying that could get). I never quite experienced live/buy mode mixing, and some part of me secretly wants it to happen for some weird unknown reason. Guess it depends on which mods are run, I consider two to be fundamental in getting rid of at least 80% of the games' glitches/bugs and any performance issues but then again I have also tweaked the game myself on top of them.
    You don't want it... It'll render your game unplayable and you will lose all progress you made since the last save.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    You don't want it... It'll render your game unplayable and you will lose all progress you made since the last save.
    Ouch, now I'm glad I haven't experienced it :cold_sweat: I save daily but given my days take quite a bit longer than vanilla (instead of 24 minutes for a single day at normal speed, 96 minutes) it'd really, really suck.
  • Options
    Piperbird1 wrote: »

I get invisible Sims in TS4. This is one of my favorite screen shots, where a butterfly happened to come by right as my invisible friends was talking about meal choices. The Sim I was talking to simply faded out during conversation. I love the look on my Sims' face as she listens to the butterfly's' desire for flesh.

12-06-14_12-49nbspPM_zpsd16616a0.png
    Oh man, that is PRICELESS. But my keyboard isn't, and right now it has coffee all over it, thank you :wink:

Seriously though, the timing on that picture is hilarious.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

I get invisible Sims in TS4. This is one of my favorite screen shots, where a butterfly happened to come by right as my invisible friends was talking about meal choices. The Sim I was talking to simply faded out during conversation. I love the look on my Sims' face as she listens to the butterfly's' desire for flesh.

I think she can communicate with insects myself ... and that butterfly is hungry for a chicken leg.
  • Options
    MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member

that's funny. I wish they bring back the killer flies.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    IMHO, Sims 4 is like coffee w/o the caffeine and nothing but fluff.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Neither atm. While I got some enjoyment out of TS3 it as very buggy and badly optimized and often crashed. Plus it never had quite the same fun factor as TS2. TS4 has some great features but it definitely needs some work on the base game.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    PheobelisPheobelis Posts: 45 Member
    I have played more Sims 4 in five days than I have played Sims 3 in five years. Sims 2 is still the best.
  • Options
    thedecayedthedecayed Posts: 134 Member
    If they have a supercomputer? Sims 3. If they have a normal computer like me? Sims 4. Even without any cc or mods in it Sims 3 lags really badly for me. And I have no lag at all with Sims 4. With mods and cc in the game.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I don't understand why everyone keeps saying you need a super computer to run Sims 3. I certainly didn't have one. I ran that game on a Gateway 6000, which was sort of a middle-of-the-road laptop, stats wise. I turned off shadows and reflections and all that kind of stuff, and didn't really start to see any problems until I had installed 5 or 6 expansions. After that, it really did start to lag, though.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited January 2015
    I don't understand why everyone keeps saying you need a super computer to run Sims 3. I certainly didn't have one. I ran that game on a Gateway 6000, which was sort of a middle-of-the-road laptop, stats wise. I turned off shadows and reflections and all that kind of stuff, and didn't really start to see any problems until I had installed 5 or 6 expansions. After that, it really did start to lag, though.

sorry piper and i mean no offense :) but i kinda chuckled reading your post. i was about to write i would only suggest 3 for folks with proper gaming systems and read first how you had to turn off major graphic options early on and then had serious issues when the game requires more resources. this sadly happened to many because EA wasnt up front with the needed specs.

i myself have two gaming systems and can run sims 3 very well probably as well as it can be with all EPs and almost all stuffs and store plus throw in at least 20 gb of additional Cc and mods but can still easily pick 4 over 3 any day. my focus is on the game engine, since i have eliminated the hardware issues most have with 3 and even the bugs by using nraas mods there is still left a gaming engine that is lacking in stability and responsiveness, for example the sticky second you wait to have a command options load, thats the engine. when you know that and it cant be overcome by any processor it gets grating and then for myself throw in the lack of depth to life stages/socializing and 4 is a much better fit.

now i will admit 4 is still young, its possible 3 just as a base game was just as stable and there are seriously too many little bugs with 4 but since i do tech here my approach is probably not the norm, like i always have a back up of my game data files, i firmly believe mods are good and troubleshooting isnt hard for the small bugs.

what im still hoping for a better bug system and since we have sacrificed a ton, no toddlers closed world no cars etc im expecting Ea to maintain a stable game engine this time, but later Eps will provide the proof if this is the case, now im just enjoying my socializing sims on an engine that is as stable as sims 2
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2015

You know. Butterflies do feed on dead matter. As pretty as they may seem. They are evil. Lol
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    sorry piper and i mean no offense :) but i kinda chuckled reading your post. i was about to write i would only suggest 3 for folks with proper gaming systems and read first how you had to turn off major graphic options early on and then had serious issues when the game requires more resources. this sadly happened to many because EA wasnt up front with the needed specs.

Not at all. All games come with a required and a recommended spec list. Printed right on the box. Required is the minimum you need to let the game function. Just to play the game. Recommended is that is needed to play the game and have it be pretty. Contrary to popular modern opinion, a game does NOT need to be pretty to be fun. Speaking as someone whose favorite games all involved your square guy fighting another square guy, usually with some sort of square weapon; you do not need all the extra flashy for a game to be fun.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

Not at all. All games come with a required and a recommended spec list. Printed right on the box. Required is the minimum you need to let the game function. Just to play the game. Recommended is that is needed to play the game and have it be pretty. Contrary to popular modern opinion, a game does NOT need to be pretty to be fun. Speaking as someone whose favorite games all involved your square guy fighting another square guy, usually with some sort of square weapon; you do not need all the extra flashy for a game to be fun.
    fair point, not everyone needs certain aesthetics, i sadly have to spend a ton of time tracking down/creating CC and designing before i can get to live mode and i much rather be in live mode. so for at least for myself the games DOES need to be pretty, i say this only this tongue and cheek because again i wasnt trying to offend .

and agree many games do post recommended specs on top of minimum sims 3 did not, for the example the posted specs i believe still state you only need a single core processor, and thats why i think many have hardware relate issues with 3.
  • Options
    belakissesbelakisses Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2015
    I think Sims3 is fun but, love the Sims actions in 2 ,all the looking at you and yelling and the service people waiting until you leave to throw a party ( had a gardener invite about 10 Sims over and had a party while I was at work!). Wish I could combine the two , then I think it would be the perfect game. I played Sims4 for about 6 hours, liked the space craft. Sorry, but I kinda got bored after playing and just couldn't get into Sims4. :)

edit : Lost track there, lol. Of the two Sims3.
  • Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    The Sims 3
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    Why not Sims 2 ? TS3 shall be far away from what TS4 shall become after years.