Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of whims?

I'm looking for a complete, accurate list of whims in the game, if anyone has seen one anywhere? I've tried Carl's and a general Google search to no avail. The Prima guide does have a list but it's incomplete. In particular, I'd like to know if there is a whim "Propose to/marry so-and-so". I'd like to try a TS3-style wishacy (a whimacy, I guess?!) but there's no point if my Sim is never going to have a whim to start a relationship with anyone... :)

Comments

• Options
    mpatty02mpatty02 Posts: 480 Member
    It's very seldom that I ever get the whim for my sim to marry another. Sometimes I'll get one where they want to be boyfriend/girlfriend. Also, my sims never have the whim to try for baby, even if they're family oriented. I've only seen that one maybe once. It's kind of frustrating. I can remember in TS3 if I had a family oriented sim, they'd want to have another baby just as soon as their current one aged up to a toddler. I'm rambling now. I don't have a list for you, sorry! But I'm not too keen on the whims in this game as I feel a lot of times they don't really apply to their traits (in my game's case anyway). Hope this helps some.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    mpatty02 wrote: »
    It's very seldom that I ever get the whim for my sim to marry another. Sometimes I'll get one where they want to be boyfriend/girlfriend. Also, my sims never have the whim to try for baby, even if they're family oriented. I've only seen that one maybe once. It's kind of frustrating. I can remember in TS3 if I had a family oriented sim, they'd want to have another baby just as soon as their current one aged up to a toddler. I'm rambling now. I don't have a list for you, sorry! But I'm not too keen on the whims in this game as I feel a lot of times they don't really apply to their traits (in my game's case anyway). Hope this helps some.

Yes, I agree, I much prefer the wish system from TS3, and the fact that you could lock them in - the TS4 ones are too repetitive and don't do much to add fun to the gameplay... Oh well, I think I'll have to stick to TS3 for my wishacy challenges :)
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I too like the wish system from TS3 the ones in TS4 keep popping up the same things, as if there are not that many so they have to keep repeating them. Maybe that was something else they skimped on.
  • Options
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    I too like the wish system from TS3 the ones in TS4 keep popping up the same things, as if there are not that many so they have to keep repeating them. Maybe that was something else they skimped on.

I'm really hoping that as we get more content, they'll add lots more whims that actually have a point - one example: my family-oriented Sim never wishes to try for baby, but she constantly has a whim to buy a toy, even though all of her children are young adults now!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited January 2015
    my sims usually get a whoo whim. no wonder they end up with a house full of kids.
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    my sims usually get a whoo whim. no wonder they end up with a house full of kids.

I'm removing my risky woohoo mods because my sims always have a woohoo whim
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member
    Yes I've gotten that proposal whim before. He was a romance sim.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited January 2015
    Hi friendsfan! [waves] missed you from sims 3! Glad to have found you. Also is that you LoobyLou from sims 3?
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hi friendsfan! [waves] missed you from sims 3! Glad to have found you. Also is that you LoobyLou from sims 3?

i missed you too. its good to see you.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    There is whopping list of whims in Zerbu's Trait and Buff Factory. This is a utility for creating custom trait mods, but you don't have to use it for that. Very easy to install (and remove). Provides a very neat insight into the game.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Sims with the romance aspiration, the one to find the true lover, can have the wish to marry another sim
  • Options
    PheobelisPheobelis Posts: 45 Member
    I've had the want to marry another Sim whim and she had no family traits what so ever. She just transitioned into an adult and had lived with the other Sim for a long time.
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I get the whim to woohoo with a sim or try for baby with a sim... maybe you could do a legacy thru that option? Well... if you used all female heirs...
  • Options
    Yes I've gotten that proposal whim before. He was a romance sim.

Ooh, that's good to know that it at least exists! Thanks :)
  • Options
    There is whopping list of whims in Zerbu's Trait and Buff Factory. This is a utility for creating custom trait mods, but you don't have to use it for that. Very easy to install (and remove). Provides a very neat insight into the game.

Thanks, I'll check it out :)
  • Options
    Thanks all for your replies - it makes me think that I will go a TS4 wishacy a go after all :)
  • Options

I was indeed on the TS3 forums but more of a lurker, as you can see from my low post count ;)
  • Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    the full list of whims is on www.primagames.com
  • Options
    the full list of whims is on www.primagames.com

Thanks, I'll check it out - maybe it's more up to date than the list in the book :)
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    This is an old discussion but I feel like that's why I don't enjoy the game as much- there really isn't any huge goals or large value "whims" or "wishes" I wish we had negative whims also... I think it would really add to the game. Maybe add in life goals in addition to the aspirations. Also my sims have never gotten the whim to "have a baby" just " try for baby" I'm also sad they never seem to want to adopt. :(
  • Options
    K1234554321K1234554321 Posts: 95 Member
    I like TS3 wish system as well, because atleast in that system they wanted to do fun things a lot, never repeated for marriage even though they are already married, and wished for babies a lot :neutral: in TS4 wishing system they repeat for marriage even though they already married, never ask for kids(even though it not a problem) and they barely wanna do anything fun
  • Options
    Almost two years in and I'm still a bit disappointed with the whims and how they work... They're also way too repetitive. And I wish that Sims who were paired up but not married could get the "try for baby" wish too... TS4 is incredibly inclusive, which is awesome, but only married Sims wish to procreate? How very Victorian...! :|
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Almost two years in and I'm still a bit disappointed with the whims and how they work... They're also way too repetitive. And I wish that Sims who were paired up but not married could get the "try for baby" wish too... TS4 is incredibly inclusive, which is awesome, but only married Sims wish to procreate? How very Victorian...! :|

They aren't doing much for me either.
    I do them mainly when I feel the need to earn reward points, not because they are interesting and fun to do.

I suggested that EA should give more emphasis to personality by changing the whim structure:
    CK213 wrote: »
    Emotions get so much emphasis that they overshadow a sim's personality.
    They even get a dedicated whim bubble.

I would like to see one of the whim bubbles dedicated to Trait and Aspiration associated whims.
    trait%20whims.jpg

You might even want to add a fourth whim bubble because the objects, skills, and misc whims will be packing a lot of possibilities, especially with EPs and game packs piling on.

My general feelings on emotions is their priority is misplaced.
    Putting%20emotions%20before%20personality.jpg

I have only seen the Get Married whim with these two sims. I put them in a couples club, so I would see them out on dates at the cafe. They are highly romantic because of this.
    07-31-16_7-16-30nbspAM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    loulouloulou Posts: 71 Member
    I frequently get married sims having whims to get engaged or get married to each other which is really irritating, but it doesn't happen with sims who are dating nearly often enough, though I do see it. I've tried playing games where I let my sims 'decide when they're ready' to get married and have kids but I often get bored waiting because it never seems to happen. I used to play to whims a lot when I first got the game but they're just too repetitive, I barely even look at them any more.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

They aren't doing much for me either.
    I do them mainly when I feel the need to earn reward points, not because they are interesting and fun to do.

I suggested that EA should give more emphasis to personality by changing the whim structure:
    Emotions get so much emphasis that they overshadow a sim's personality.
    They even get a dedicated whim bubble.

I would like to see one of the whim bubbles dedicated to Trait and Aspiration associated whims.
    trait%20whims.jpg

You might even want to add a fourth whim bubble because the objects, skills, and misc whims will be packing a lot of possibilities, especially with EPs and game packs piling on.

A fourth whim would be great, for miscellaneous, object- and skill-related bits and bobs, as you say, and would tone down their repetitiveness - how many times can I buy you a puppet theatre?! You already have one in your back yard, you numbnut...