Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A discussion thread for folks who like sims 4

Comments

• Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    It is a discussion thread for folks like myself who like the sims 4.

Isn't that what this whole forum is for? LOL

(yes, I see I'm a little late to the party here...)

Actually most of the forum is nothing but a negative.

Really? I had no idea...

Yep really. Before this thread, it was hard to find any thread where folks who like the game, could post and not be flamed for the simple fact we love the game. That's why I created this thread so folks who do like the game, can reach out to other like-minded folks and discuss the game we enjoy.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    It is a discussion thread for folks like myself who like the sims 4.

Isn't that what this whole forum is for? LOL

(yes, I see I'm a little late to the party here...)

Actually most of the forum is nothing but a negative.

Really? I had no idea...

Yep really. Before this thread, it was hard to find any thread where folks who like the game, could post and not be flamed for the simple fact we love the game. That's why I created this thread so folks who do like the game, can reach out to other like-minded folks and discuss the game we enjoy.

:) I respect that. I was just joking around. I have actually been defending (or trying to) most of the threads people post about liking the game. I do too!

WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited January 2015
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    Really cant wait for the new game pack!!

I hope the first EP is seasons

I've heard we are getting EPs or Gamepacks and the first one will be about camping(Outdoor Retreat Pack or something). They showed some info. about it on one of the famous sim sites. Sorry didn't pay attention too much even though I love the topic. I'm sure if you look around here some or put it in the search for here that you may find it. I saw something on it a moment ago concerning being able to get lost.

Seasons wouldn't be a bad one to start with. :)

• Options
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I wish they could add in toddlers, creativity, and teens ... not to mention basements, npcs, a terrain tool, cars, open world, more functional places that are not bars ....

But I like CAS, kuddos for that.

Yeah, a bar and a nightclub like place and no grocery store? I do love the tiki bar, though.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Camping is a good activity for families -- maybe it's their way of reaching out to family players to give them (us) something we'd like since so much of the base game seemed focused on single Sims (bars/nightclubs/lounges/working out). And evidently there's a new aspiration which combines the new herbalist skill (collecting) plus fishing and one other thing, and a new Survivalist trait as a reward. That sounds interesting and great for Loves the Outdoors Sims. I'm thinking when I get my Sims moved to a bigger lot, I might have the dad quit his job and be a stay at home parent, gardening and fishing since he loves the outdoors. His wife's bringing in about 6-8K a day in royalties on her books, plus she paints in her spare time. And he can make extra money doing freelance computer work and other computer tasks, so he wouldn't have to go to a full-time job.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I loved S3, which was the only game I had played in the Sims. But, once I found out about S4, I accepted it. Even after all the left out stuff, I accepted that they said more was coming. I can't wait to see it all. The new camping/outdoor stuff sounds real nice although I haven't heard much. I like making suggestions to get what I want in the game. Can't wait to see what they add, I just wish there was more EPs per year than in S3. >:)

I love the save button and the ease of getting on and leaving the game(although the last patch has messed my game up and I can't be online while playing; hope they fix the tray thing). I do love CAS and Build/buy. I could almost live without the color wheel if they added more colors to clothes/items. :)
    It bums me that I can't remember it, but I found something new yesterday and I thought wow. I think it had something to do with yards, but not sure. I do think it was build though. I like the idea of neighborhoods instead of worlds so that it is more real and so that they don't have to make the same stores ect. for each new neighborhood like they did with the S3 worlds. :p

Love the new build blank room sections you can put in, especially the rounded ones. Love that sims can sometimes multitask. I love the new romance types for teens; not IRL, but in game is neat. I like the command to express love from parents to kids, but wish it was also in the romantic section for romantics & married folk. I like the forked off aspirations. Soulmate and Serial dater are neat. Call over is wonderful, but they need to improve it. Also, ask to leave seems to have a small negative to it where Goodbye doesn't and I've wondered if they can fix that. I like the walk, but wish they would add fav. color, fav. music, and have more traits in one sim back. :)

Hope they fix showers; takes way too long to take a shower. :s
  • Options
    Camping is a good activity for families -- maybe it's their way of reaching out to family players to give them (us) something we'd like since so much of the base game seemed focused on single Sims (bars/nightclubs/lounges/working out). And evidently there's a new aspiration which combines the new herbalist skill (collecting) plus fishing and one other thing, and a new Survivalist trait as a reward. That sounds interesting and great for Loves the Outdoors Sims. I'm thinking when I get my Sims moved to a bigger lot, I might have the dad quit his job and be a stay at home parent, gardening and fishing since he loves the outdoors. His wife's bringing in about 6-8K a day in royalties on her books, plus she paints in her spare time. And he can make extra money doing freelance computer work and other computer tasks, so he wouldn't have to go to a full-time job.

Plus, don't forget that he can collect things. Sometimes that can bring it some good money.

• Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I am on the fence about the camping for the moment. I like the idea, but I want to see how it is implemented. Like are there sleeping bags to use? Can you see inside of the tents? What about clothes, hair ... I love how the sims can sit on the tree stumps. I am interested in the herbalism stuff though.

• Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I haven't read the whole thread, but I like Sims 4 very much and had something to bring to the discussion regarding child aspirations.

I have a child who fulfilled the Whiz Kid aspiration. After that, when I clicked on her, she had an option to "Try mental telepathy." When I'd click it, she'd squint her eyes and put her fingers to her forehead, then stop and shrug, like, "Dang, it didn't work." Has anyone seen this before? Is it just something cute they do, or if they try it enough can they actually accomplish something?

She just turned teen, and it's no longer there, so I'm thinking it's just a cute thing, but I thought I'd ask.

I just love the little touches that they have with the children stage. It is so by far my favorite. I have not seen this one yet. My sim kids seem to max out motor, I love the monkey bars and like to see the kids go play on it.
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    TS4 is amazing!!! Nothing wrong with it... I think its perfection tbh. Yay!

I wouldn't say it's perfection. There's still a few bugs, most notably the twins one. And there's still features from Sims 2, I would love to see added into Sims 4, before I can declare it perfection :) But right now I can say I do love the game.

If you're even remotely close to considering this game "perfection" we need to get in touch; I have some gold I'd love to sell you at bargain basement prices!!! :)

• Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    gnelso1239 wrote: »

I wouldn't say it's perfection. There's still a few bugs, most notably the twins one. And there's still features from Sims 2, I would love to see added into Sims 4, before I can declare it perfection :) But right now I can say I do love the game.

If you're even remotely close to considering this game "perfection" we need to get in touch; I have some gold I'd love to sell you at bargain basement prices!!! :)

If @pandabearrox7 thinks the game is perfection, who are you to be all annoying about it?
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I really like this game! For the first time, I can make unique Sims and buildings exactly as I imagined them. I really can't wait for them to bring out EPs/game packs, I'm so excited to see what they'll add! I agree with the majority of people on these forums that there are things that could be improved, and things that need to be added. But I'm still really enjoying this game while I wait for those. Once they are added I think my free time is going to melt away into the Simsphere ;)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    NevillsNevills Posts: 505 Member
    I like the game, and I love the graphics. Sure, there are some things that I miss (story progression and family trees), but I still find the game fun to play.
    I'm a WoW playing, Doctor Who watching, Harry Potter reading, fan fiction writing simmer who is without a doubt a geek (and sometimes a super hero).

My wishlist
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    gnelso1239 wrote: »

If @pandabearrox7 thinks the game is perfection, who are you to be all annoying about it?

LOL you really shouldn't refer to that user. He was a troll that intentionally said outrageous and annoying things to get attention. He's banned now.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    I keep trying to like TS4 , and there are aspects I do like over TS3 but EA need to fix all the bugs and glitches asap , adding this gamepack will undoubtably cause more problems I fear

Lets hope theres another Nraas out there somewhere
  • Options
    celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    edited January 2015
    I wish they could add in toddlers, creativity, and teens ... not to mention basements, npcs, a terrain tool, cars, open world, more functional places that are not bars ....

as long as they have the age up feature I'm not crazy about toddlers, as for creativity and teens, and npcs I'm confuses aren't they already in the game? I would like all the other stuff you said and would like to have kids be able to "play with each other" like before outside and have sleep overs. And what exactly is open world?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    celeste821 wrote: »

as long as they have the age up feature I'm not crazy about toddlers, as for creativity and teens, and npcs I'm confuses aren't they already in the game? I would like all the other stuff you said and would like to have kids be able to "play with each other" like before outside and have sleep overs. And what exactly is open world?

Some people say there isn't "creativity" because they don't like the way Sims 4 handles careers and aspirations, and some people say there aren't "teens" because they are the same height as adults and don't have much in the way of interactions that adults don't have. The NPCs people are missing most are policemen, burglars, and firemen. The open world was what we had in Sims 3, where instead of loading screens for lots or neighbourhoods, you moved seamlessly between them; this really isn't the topic to discuss the problems some of us had with that, though!

I love the child stage so much in Sims 4 that I've been easier on the game for teens being less special than they could be. Sims 4 children rock :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    I also love the game but I agree things could be added to make it even better such as family trees. However my favorite aspect is the multitasking and the emotive animations. I just really get attached to all of my simmies in this game. I think they are the most attractive from every iteration. I like to play multiple households and admit I am adhd. I tend to end up making huge families where I just bounce around like crazy. I am trying to learn to make smaller households so I can focus on a small lot and the stories I want to make up and their goals/aspirations. It is so fun.
    I play this way as well, I tend to have a mixture of small and large families. I tend to have a main family and then make other households according to their needs. I tend to focus more on social interaction then aspirations and employment
  • Options
    naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for making this thread. I was beginning to feel a little attacked and hopeless with the amount of hatred I just encountered surrounding the game. This is going to be a wonderful read

Edit: And now I'll add my piece.
    Recently, I've been having my first glitches! Woo! (Thanks @terrylin for the help!) I've also finally begun dabbling in CC. I found some neat custom traits such as stupid, hyper, and serious by Zerbu. Ton of neat hair that I haven't had problems with, yet!

I hit a lull where I was incredibly bored with this game, but strangely...had a shift in brain function, and now I'm having way too much fun. I really wish more people wrote biographies in their origin sim families descriptions. I love stories, but it's so hard to find any sims with them!
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I really can't wait to get the outdoor retreat game pack. I don't like to camp in real life, because various reasons, but for my sims it would be really awesome. Having to deal with poison ivy, bee attacks and even playing with the bear costume. It seems like a whole lot of fun to be had, for sure.

For now, I just like making one male sim to get with as many people as possible in the game. It's a new style of playing I've gotten into recently, and I'm having a whole lot of fun with it.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    naomeh wrote: »
    Thank you for making this thread. I was beginning to feel a little attacked and hopeless with the amount of hatred I just encountered surrounding the game. This is going to be a wonderful read

Edit: And now I'll add my piece.
    Recently, I've been having my first glitches! Woo! (Thanks @terrylin for the help!) I've also finally begun dabbling in CC. I found some neat custom traits such as stupid, hyper, and serious by Zerbu. Ton of neat hair that I haven't had problems with, yet!

I hit a lull where I was incredibly bored with this game, but strangely...had a shift in brain function, and now I'm having way too much fun. I really wish more people wrote biographies in their origin sim families descriptions. I love stories, but it's so hard to find any sims with them!

Welcome :) And I don't use custom traits or cc like that. Mostly I am using a grass replacement, pregnancy scan, the pregnancy glitch fix, and a few other skin mods. Nothing that really effects gameplay.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I'm happy to see a thread like this here. It was getting to the point where I'd only read post on the sims subreddit. There, anyone can discuss any Sims game and it's a very helpful, welcoming, and kind community. I'd love to see that be the case here too, but I understand that some people are not happy with this game as it is so they're lashing out. Those people aren't all bad though, because some of them made me realize what could be improved in the Sims 4.

I won't say this game is perfect, because I don't think it is, but I really like it. My absolute favorite thing is build mode. I love building and decorating homes for personal use. I can't wait to see build mode improved upon.

With the first game pack coming this month and hopefully a gp soon after, I'm really excited!
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    SnazzyTazzySnazzyTazzy Posts: 41 Member
    Thank you for this thread. Of course there are still those posting negative things here, but it's nice to see positives! Sure, there are things I miss from the Sims3, but I am really enjoying the game. I'm eagerly awaiting "packs." The more new stuff we get, the funner it is! (and laggier- lol)
  • Options
    CloverreaCloverrea Posts: 134 Member
    Despite some of the issues I have with the game, I can really see its potential and this makes me incredibly excited for what's to come in the future. I haven't felt this involved with my sims emotionally since The Sims 2 and that familiar feeling makes me very hopeful. I am really rooting for this series to succeed even with their rough start.

Even with people feeling like the base game lacks many things. I have actually enjoyed playing this base game much more than The Sims 3 base game. I find it easier for me to pick up again where I left off and easier to stick with one family/sim for a while.

I can't wait to see whats coming <3
  • Options
    xXinflu3nceXxxXinflu3nceXx Posts: 25 New Member
    I found that the Sims 4 works so much better for me and runs smoother than even the base the Sims 3 game. A lot of people have not found this to be true, but I maxed out all my graphics on TS4 and have no lagging whereas TS3 I had major problems to the point of uninstalling it several times and playing TS2 for a while.
    Additionally, I adore the graphics. There is something about it that is so clean and simple that I love.

Does the game have problems? Yes, of course. But I feel like its a base game with the potential for a lot of growth. I am glad to see some people agreeing that like it as much as I do!