Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Those Regrettable Moments

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    milly001 wrote: »
    I pause even if I'm still at my computer, like If I'm typing in a cheat to fix an issue or if I'm checking my phone because my sisters going "HALP how does one sims." I also always have backups if I miss something because my games prone to crashing when my broadband gives up or the servers go down for maintenance.

I love this! My brother introduced me to Skyrim, so I introduced him to Sims. I get the random phone calls when I'm at lunch break at school and he's off sick - "My sim just died of embarrassment! How do I get them back? Help me, Ron!" :smiley:
  • Options
    SnazzyTazzySnazzyTazzy Posts: 41 Member
    I always pause! I don't want to miss anything.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    In my main playthough, I obsessively pause :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    AlmaMMAlmaMM Posts: 200 Member
    Yeah, once I made Eliza Pancakes die and Bob and the Reaper had some flirty thing going on, so I did that thing where you invite a townie home with you and wait for them to die, and this particular Townie took a freaking eternity to die, so I brought an other Townie, but in the meantime I came to like the 2nd townie. As I was sure, that when a death happens the camera zooms in on it and the tune is played, I just goofed around with Bob until I looked at my captives again and the 2nd townie only had its urn there :( Even though I really planned on letting him go :(
    And ironically enough, the first captive still wasn't dead -.-
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    @LaAbby: Yes, my Sim died in my game a couple of days ago. It was quite sad actually, he burnt to death in the kitchen when his stove caught on fire :( I felt a little sorry for him though because he died on an empty stomach - if only I had bought a better stove then he wouldn't have died.

Sorry about your Sim by the way LaAbby :(

Matthew.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    When my games goes boring and i want to spice things up, i walk aside my storyline and do something outrageous and then right after that.. the storyline i had planned follows through (not because of what i did), so i totally regret the stupid outrageous impulse i just made.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited January 2015
    I never leave my game "running" if I have to leave my desk. When I first started playing Sims, I was taught the 'pause' button is my friend. I rely on it heavily. LOL My biggest regret in this game, so far, has been the complete failure of my first Sims4 Legacy Challenge Family. I blew it totally. My first mistake was in choosing my three points of selection for the heir. Boxed myself in, inasmuch as it had to be a male (patriarchy), natural child (bloodline) and I also selected Exemplar, never realizing just how hard this would be achieved. (This meant in order for the potential heir to qualify as the true heir he had to share the trait I'd chosen to be 'passed down'.) I got very lucky with the second generation. They had three sons up front, and the first boy had the desired trait. He became a YA, which was the 'official' start of Gen. 2. However, he also had three sons, none of whom had the desired trait. :( I totally forgot about the rule that allowed us to just make the eldest the heir, should the exemplar (and/or any other point of selection fail.) So, like the dummy I can be at times, I moved out the eldest son to make room for another child to be born. Face/palm. I scuttled my own vessel. :open_mouth:
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    I have a Sim family that I've been playing on and off for several months now. The founding parents had four daughters and a son [that I made via CAS because they kept giving me girls], so it's a pretty big family; especially because I've gotten to the point where the parents' kids have kids. Meanwhile, I'd been playing another save with a secret agent family. I decided that save needed more depth to it so I started adding in my big extended sims family, taking the time to connect them all via CAS so they'd recognize each other as family even though they live in separate households. Unfortunately, the founding mother was getting old and she was an unplayed household at the time. I went in to claim another household so the kids wouldn't age up on me, and when I came back to manage worlds I saw that my founding mother had become all ghosty. I figured I could take care of it later and moved onto the next house, and by the time I got to her she was dead and her urn was gone :[ It happened right after I'd just finished moving their last set of kids into a house, so now the brother and his wife have to live with his insane and lazy father who can't possibly take care of himself.

What's worse, I think I miss my sim more than her family does. :[ They can't even talk about her or remember her or anything! It's like she never existed at all, and this woman told me more than once "Do not want nubu!" while bringing her ungrateful brats into the world. :[
  • Options
    ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    ems0309 wrote: »
    I promised myself this time around that I wouldn't immediately marry off my first time and have her have babies. Well her and Don Lothario fell in love and that changed. Their son Donovan is now married but their daughter Gabby is going to max all skills and complete a lot of careers (aging off) before she starts her family.

Don makes ugly babies ... I regret having him married Casandra :p

He didn't make ugly ones in my game, I wish I had pics of them growing up but they turned out quite attractive.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I regret playing with aging on for unplayed sims. I now have all these ghost faces clogging up my relationship panel. Is there a way to get rid of them?
  • Options
    PheobelisPheobelis Posts: 45 Member
    Having a Sims have 3 sets of twins. I'm no good with large households.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I am afraid to leave the game running when I leave to do something. I could come back and they seriously charcoaled the house with nothing left of it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    softis99softis99 Posts: 399 Member
    I regret "trying for a baby" when the twin glitch is still not fixed.. I have got 3 sets of twins and a set of triplets so far :S
    [img][/img]AE10400A-C559-4097-B693-A89FE4C16ABC_zpswjq5l14e.jpg
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    The father of 3 children, became an elder which is very sad because I didn't know it. I had enough satisfaction points to buy the young poison, but that wouldn't make him an adult again :-S
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Spending $80 on it. That's what I get for putting too much hope into a game.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Spending $80 on it. That's what I get for putting too much hope into a game.

That sounds awful, I only paid 60$ and it still hurt :(
  • Options
    AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    In Sims 3, making a Sim or two in CAS, and then starting a new one instead of quitting and re-entering CAS, and having the game crash, just when you have a perfect likeness taking shape.

Or using Save and Quit instead of saving and then quitting, and watching in horror as the game is still trying to comply 10 minutes later.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    In Sims 4, I once accidentally saved over a different save file. Thankfully, I was able to get everything back with cheats. But that's why I like TS3's save system more. It's not so easy to do that.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    SkellySpadesSkellySpades Posts: 328 Member
    Same as you. I had a legacy family with 5 kids. They all became elders, some had moved out. I couldn't play 5 files at once so 2 of them died while I was away... so I don't have their urns.

I wish I saved more or could figure out the death order so I could have their ghosts back.

Worse thing is, none of their families seemed to care or notice.