Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Base Game Basics

So many people here think that the Sims 4 base game is lacking important features. But what does that mean? What are some features you think should be in any Sims base game?

Comments

• Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Sandbox play, like the others in the series.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I think there should have been a family tree, but other than that I'm okay with what we were given.
  • Options
    PheobelisPheobelis Posts: 45 Member
    > @SpradaciSproj said:
    > Sandbox play, like the others in the series.

Do you mean Sandbox gameplay or a sandbox for your Sim kids to play in?
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I think there should have been a family tree, but other than that I'm okay with what we were given.

I agree. That would make it, for me.
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Look at the features that the base games of Sims 2 and 3 had and that's what should have been in Sims 4. There was no need to remove a lot of those features. As a SEQUEL to the other games Sims 4 needed to build on the series and add more to the base game, but it didn't do that.
  • Options
    Pheobelis wrote: »
    > @SpradaciSproj said:<br />
    > Sandbox play, like the others in the series.<br />
    <br />

Sandbox game play.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Sandbox and fun gameplay
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Family tree, toddlers, missing careers, missing NPC like burglars and fire fighters, no basic items like dishwashers, no Create A Style, no restaurant and stores on and on and on...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    So many people here think that the Sims 4 base game is lacking important features. But what does that mean? What are some features you think should be in any Sims base game?

Basic features that have been in the Sims for a while ... familiar, normal things.

Family trees.
    All life stages ( toddlers left out of sims 4)
    dishwashers
    trash compactors
    normal careers
    Burglars
    police
    gardener
    babies that are not objects
    basements

• Options
    faerieladyfaerielady Posts: 172 Member
    Am I the only person in the world that doesn't own a dishwasher and trash compacter IRL?? I keep seeing people complaining about those, yet I have never had one and live quite happily. *shrug*
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2015
    Stores for them to go to... Free clothes, again. Shopping from the plant box and bookcase. Sadness... :(
    Better, moar community lots.
    *The ability to make/edit my own world- it was a big complaint about TS3 but we were at least promised a program to do it.
    Toddlers
    *The ability to see what color I painted the outside of their house. O.O
    Family Tree
    Bigger number of Sims living in the world
    Bigger worlds- err, neighborhoods
    NPCs
    Working NPCs
    .... etc

Haven't you read any of the other topics on this? It's all over the place... so many for so long it's depressing to see it over and over.
    I guess some won't understand until a part of the game they thought was the best is cut or gone. :disappointed:

*I read this again and I come off as snarky. I'm very sorry if you thought so too, OP- it's not you at all, it's my sadness talking. :blush:
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    A base game should be a good game on its own. It should not depend on EP's.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2015
    faerielady wrote: »
    Am I the only person in the world that doesn't own a dishwasher and trash compacter IRL?? I keep seeing people complaining about those, yet I have never had one and live quite happily. *shrug*

I don't have a trash compactor and I don't like dishwashers but we have the Option to have them in RL. :)

*What's a Sim Mansion without a Dishwasher... or a working maid? ;)
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    A base game should be a good game on its own. It should not depend on EP's.
    Preach it! We shouldn't have to pay for any of this.
    2433057-5551435429-preac.gif
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    <br />

Sandbox game play.

Just curious, in what way do you think sims4 lacks sandbox gameplay?

wedding%2Bhobo.png
  • Options
    <br />

Sandbox game play.

Just curious, in what way do you think sims4 lacks sandbox gameplay?

Imo, almost every aspect of the game is linear. I no longer have the choice on how I get promoted, or fulfill a Lifetime Aspiration, or do something as basic as gardening - everywhere I turn there are cattle chutes that I must travel.

No other iteration of the Sims has forced me to do anything a certain way, much less repeat that exact same way if I choose the same career or lifetime aspiration with a different sim.

Oh sure, I can ignore the linear goals - but then how do I earn points without cheating, which I am loathe to do, to better my sim's life with the potions & traits?

I got addicted to the sims because I could play them how I wanted. I can't even just log into a neighborhood now I must make a sim first.

I've played the sims for 15 years without having to be guided through my sims' lives. They're my dolls, I should be able to play with them how I want - just like the Barbie dolls I got as a child.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited January 2015
    ONLY the game developers have the right to decide what there will be in the base game, I think. No one can say 'this or this HAS to be in the base came'. But we do have the right to complain, suggest, and loving the features we like. I prefer the last one :)
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    There's a really good thread with a lot of suggestions here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/807825/what-can-be-done-to-fix-ts4/p1
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Family tree, toddlers, missing careers, missing NPC like burglars and fire fighters, no basic items like dishwashers, no Create A Style, no restaurant and stores on and on and on...

• Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »

If the first ep is toddlers and a baby fix. But should have been in the base. That and Create a Style which they said could not be done b/c of their game engine. Bad move, Create a Style I think was not in the base of the Sims 3. But would want paperboy back and burglars and cops.

Basic features that have been in the Sims for a while ... familiar, normal things.

Family trees.
    All life stages ( toddlers left out of sims 4)
    dishwashers
    trash compactors
    normal careers
    Burglars
    police
    gardener
    babies that are not objects
    basements

• Options
    mikmaker wrote: »
    ONLY the game developers have the right to decide what there will be in the base game, I think. No one can say 'this or this HAS to be in the base came'. But we do have the right to complain, suggest, and loving the features we like. I prefer the last one :)

Yes, ultimately it is the decision of the company making the game. Just as once it's released it is up to the players whether or not to support that decision.