Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After Many Months of Disappearance... I have returned!~ and Sims 4 have changed!...slightly.

DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
So I just downloaded several months worth of patches and updates
and its wow.. Athletic and Business career added
and Pools...
guess nobody would rant anymore about pools...
so im to assume maybe sometime next year or the year after; toddlers shall make a reappearance?

with all the new mechanics...
i have alot to catch up on :open_mouth:

nevertheless i missed you all; and the trolls aswell for being mildly funny
though 95.7% of the time it falls short of ammusement.

anything else new?
so.. was avatars removed momentarily?

Comments

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I missed you too.

About people... Most left voluntarily or are banned. :D
    About game... Some bad bugs are still unfixed. Feels like they're there for years.
    About DLC... So far no word on toddlers, the bigger hope is however they bring in family tree.
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    edited January 2015
    @Dariu:

Welcome back :D ! My names Matthew, I was new about the 1st of last month. The avatars weren't working for new members for a short period of time. They were now though :)
    I wasn't here when people were trolling so I don't know much about that!
    And there is a new game pack coming out this month - The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat!

Happy Simming.

Matthew.
  • Options
    bill_th_89bill_th_89 Posts: 77 Member
    Everybody hates everything about the Sims 4, as far as I can see. Nothing new, nothing spectacular, just the usual but far worse and more expensive. You didn't miss anything. :D
    i2vjte.jpg
    Origin ID: CandiAndi
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    The thing with the Avatars we weren't able to change them because of trolls, so know we have the option to change our pictures again.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Welcome back.
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    bill_th_89 wrote: »
    Everybody hates everything about the Sims 4, as far as I can see. Nothing new, nothing spectacular, just the usual but far worse and more expensive. You didn't miss anything. :D

That about summed it up ;)
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Everybody hates everything about the Sims 4, as far as I can see.
    Not really.

Things not to hate:
    - The game was released without what fans take as base content (pools and "classic" careers) but that was patched back in
    - Devs are visiting us and taking (hopefully) notes what the community thinks about the game
    - Some things definetly better made than in previous games (example: buildmode)
    - New economy system where no lollygaging leads to becoming filthy rich = motherlode became obsolete
    - Create a Sim is top notch (can still be enhanced by letting us using colorwheels)
    - No MMO and social networks garbage like "performances" in Sims 3 (if only they removed the crappy yell on facebook achievement links)

Things to hate:
    - No ingame options to turn off annoying and not helpful tutorial hints, no ingame option to turn off extreme fatness/muscles gain/loss
    - Devs are working on DLC instead of fixing numerous base game bugs
    - Outdated graphics
    - 32bit .exe
    - No family tree
    - Too much of grinding (filler) content
    - Horrible inventory system cloned from Sims 3
    - Too much of loadscreens = more cash needed to spend on as fast as possible SSD as they didn't optimize the game code
    - Every update brought one or more new cheats thus we're playing a game of Cheats 4, not Sims 4
    - Pirated copies hijacked gallery which made devs to waste time on disabling children pregnancy instead of dealing with serious bugs as the game for whatever reason was not protected by Denuvo
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

Lots of people like it, lots of people like it but want changes, others dislike it as it is but are hoping it improves. There are lots of threads where you can voice your opinions and give feedback, and especially with regard to family play/toddlers, I suggest this one by @sparkfairy1‌

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801025/ea-silence-on-family-play-and-family-play-fans

There's some great discussion and feedback there, and if you have anything you'd like to add, we would love to hear it ^_^

Welcome back!
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

Lots of people like it, lots of people like it but want changes, others dislike it as it is but are hoping it improves. There are lots of threads where you can voice your opinions and give feedback, and especially with regard to family play/toddlers, I suggest this one by @sparkfairy1‌

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801025/ea-silence-on-family-play-and-family-play-fans

There's some great discussion and feedback there, and if you have anything you'd like to add, we would love to hear it ^_^

Welcome back!

I second @blueasbutterfly. As someone who has been running a thread for over six weeks on disappointments in regard to family play I've learnt that there's actually not a lot of hate around. What there is however is such deep love for the sims that people are desperate to be catered to in sims4.

A lot of the forum hassle would be calmed if this 'hate' myth was addressed. It does no good to anyone-it causes division and upset.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    At least there are some threads where we are relatively safe :) it's nice to feel like a part of the community, and that everyone is welcome there. All of us might not love 4 as it is, but encouraging change is a positive hobby, not a hateful one.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    111162-excited-Anna-gif-Imgur-Frozen-arQc.gif
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Welcome back. :) You missed some bannings, some melodrama over the Like & LOL buttons, & the latest patch angering an entire new set of players.

Enjoy reading/catching up! :)
  • Options
    bill_th_89bill_th_89 Posts: 77 Member
    Hey, hey, i left u with a bad impression guys, I personally adore everything about the Sims 4, I have tons of patience and i actually like it better than Sims 3 so yeah. heh. im such a bad person.
    i2vjte.jpg
    Origin ID: CandiAndi
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Hiya Dariu.... You missed all the mass bans, the drama over the Likes and LOL's, and the "sides" flame wars.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    *🐸🐸🐸🐸 head*

I remember you.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    I remember seeing you on here sometime before I made my account. Nice to meet you.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    Dariu wrote: »
    and Pools...
    so im to assume maybe sometime next year or the year after; toddlers shall make a reappearance?

anything else new?

omg i missed you and your totally inappropriate siggy
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Dariu wrote: »
    and Pools...

anything else new?

Welcome back! I have also made a come back as well. They seemed to had removed the most toxic of this community, which I am very thankful for, and the community seems to be a much more friendlier place now. I also started playing again, but for the first time ever, found myself using mods. Mostly the twins fix mod, better grass, and a pregnancy scanner.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    well im glad to be back and glad to see many of the 'oldies' still with us. and not slayeth and banished to whence they came.. by the forum administrators which all are bestowed upon the "Sword of A Thousand Truths" which does 120 damage per second, +80 stamina and on successful melee attack, instantly burns mana from the target.

though i assume the fate has also fallen unto several 'old timers' of this forums and community...
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    What now?

...Sorry, I was distracted by your signature. :p
  • Options
    colton147 wrote: »
    What now?

...Sorry, I was distracted by your signature. :p

we all know how captivated you are with his technique
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Hi. I don't know you but welcome back. Have no hopes for Toddlers :disappointed:

Nice siggy ;)
  • Options
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Ugh I was eating when I saw your signature.

...thats usually the circumstance.
    heck right now im eating cherries aswell.
  • Options
    KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    748.gif
  • Options
    Kael wrote: »
    748.gif

your sim's nose is similar to John C. McGinley's nose.