Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't you just love that our sims can renew their wedding vows in TS4?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
I remember asking for this in TS3. I had to stage it there but in TS4 our sims can actually renew their vows at the wedding arch and one of them puts a new ring on the others finger and confettie falls at the end. This is one thing EA did right with this game and I love the wedding cake animation however unfortuanly it doesn't work with the renew wedding vows just when they get married for the first time.

I like weddings in general better in TS4. The only things missing are the slow dance and the champagne to toast with.

My sims Michelle and Ben renewed their vows at Christmas. Notice the confettie when they kissed.
12-24-14_4-33nbspPM-2.png

12-24-14_4-29nbspPM.png

Comments

• Options
    GreyhoundMamaJGreyhoundMamaJ Posts: 87 Member
    I did not know you could do that. Very cool. :smiley:
    Find a fast friend...adopt a Greyhound!
    My Origin ID is japowell6
  • Options
    RainbowDust1RainbowDust1 Posts: 353 Member
    edited December 2014
    I adore the setting and scenery of this. So pretty and very Christmas-like! The red dress is unusual but fitting considering the season <3

I need to try this soon!
    14s9px.gif
  • Options
    japowell wrote: »

Yes if your sims are married just click on any wedding arch and you'll see renew wedding vows. They can also fantasize about a wedding by clicking on the arch.

• Options
    rockstarhair123rockstarhair123 Posts: 69 Member
    Ooh, cool. I didn't realize that you could do that either o:
    original_poza_1.jpg
    "Y'know" -Billie Joe Armstrong
    Simmer since 2010, PC Simmer since 2012
  • Options
    SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    I did not know this. I need to look into this for my aged couples for sure! Love your Christmas themed renewal. Very sweet.
    CxevBFV.gif
  • Options
    Yes this came with the base game from the start. It wasn't patched in so it wasn't added thru a patch.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I didn't know this. It's a nice touch. Kind of like the golden anniversaries you could throw in The Sims 2.

Man, I still can't believe TS2 came out 10 years ago. It was so amazing then, and it still is.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    GreyhoundMamaJGreyhoundMamaJ Posts: 87 Member
    japowell wrote: »

Yes if your sims are married just click on any wedding arch and you'll see renew wedding vows. They can also fantasize about a wedding by clicking on the arch.

Thanks! This is what I like best about this forum. It's always fun to learn something new about the game.
    Find a fast friend...adopt a Greyhound!
    My Origin ID is japowell6
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes! I love that interaction. I always have my couples renew their vows at some point. Usually right before they become Elders <3
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I had no idea! Thank you for that, I will be checking it out :)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Ooh! :D
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    ClareWithoutAnIClareWithoutAnI Posts: 23 Member
    Aw, that's so sweet! I think I'll download a wedding lot from the gallery and have my sims renew their vows.
  • Options
    KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    I'd rather have them be able to renew their divorces.

Mortification for all!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Yes it's a nice touch :smile: pretty photos OP :smile:
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I love it too, I have some of my sims do that and it's just very lovely
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    edited December 2014
    Oh that's nice. I love weddings and renewing vows would be really nice. another thing i actually liked about TS4 is how events and parties are done. When i first played TS4 i always throwed parties because it was fun with the missions and all.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I did not know this!! OMG I'm going to do that in my game tonight!
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I had my first generation couple renew their vows when their daughter got married. It was very cute.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    edited December 2014
    I had my sim couple re-new their vows.

There was an age gap between them, so the guy was an elder with his wife about 10 days younger than him. He only had a little time left and he had just retired. The couple have triplet sons that were on the verge of young manhood at the time and going about their own business.
    With having three sons at once, it's been tough for them to spend time together, and they had their own careers to work at. Money was tight and they worked hard to move up in their careers, as well as support their sons to develop.
    But finally, there was that small window of opportunity that was seized. He was to die 2 days after the ceremony, with the boys growing to adulthood and moving out 2 or 3 days after their dad's death. Now the widow is alone in a house that was once full of men, but at least she had that last opportunity to re-new her wedding vows.

Sorry, I thought the story I'd, unwittingly, developed was pretty cool. And I always like to air out my story writing skills at times. ;)
    HSau :)