Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This guy won't leave, any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    rar3kain wrote: »
    Having the same problem with every sim that comes over to my sims house. None of them are insane. Tried deleting caches, Tried reseting sims, tried removing all mods, don't want to kill every sim that comes over. Started today after the update. G. Landgrab was there for 3 days, even sleeping in my bed. I put the bed in the inventory, along with everything he could sleep on, and he disappeared.<br />
    <br />
    I thought this might be a solution, but landgrab is the only sim that worked on. This guy at my house now has been here for 3 days falling asleep on the ground and the guy wont leave. I don't want to have to move every single sim in, then move them out. <br />
    <br />
    The "ask to leave" option is gone. (I used to have that option show up twice in my pie menu...maybe I wasn't the only one who had that problem, and when they tried to fix that, they got rid of the option altogether. )<br />
    <br />
    I even tried the "go away" option under the mean interactions....they guy left the house...stood outside for a while....then came back in!

Having the same problem since the new patch. Every sim i invite over stays until i leave the lot and come back. Very annoying

I also used to have the "ask to leave" option twice....i thought it was just me! :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    EmmySim79EmmySim79 Posts: 30 Member
    edited December 2014
    I had this problem and found it was because my house had been changed from a residential lot to a generic lot. Therefore, your visitors are treating your house as if it is a community lot and that's why you are not getting the option to ask them to leave. Not sure why or how this happened. It is likely something has been messed up by the recent update. For me it happens when I replace an existing lot with one I have saved in my library or from the gallery.

To fix, move your Sims out, change the lot back to residential and move your Sims back in and don't place any lots down from your library or the gallery in build mode whilst you're playing them. Either move them out first and place down the new build or place the house on a empty lot, ensure it is labelled correctly as residential before you move in your Sims. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    Just as I suspected this patch caused a glitch, this glitch reminds of Wreck it Ralph

Tumblr_mdpvlq8LEP1rkx38uo1_500.png
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    meiowsmeiows Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2014
    My game is doing the same thing ever since the update! I placed a new lot and moved in a new Sim I was planning on playing as. As soon as I entered live mode, all of these people appeared on the pavement and went right in her house! It was as if they were part of the household. I had to leave the lot and come back for them to be gone.

Now her friend comes over and won't leave unless I travel. Quite annoying. :(
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    The patch has randomly turned some residential lots to something else...go into build mode and check that your house is still marked as residential. Changing it back to residential SHOULD fix the problem. However apparently for some people the simple fix doesn't actually fix the problem and you have to do the whole move out thing that Emmy mentioned above.
  • Options
    netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    Okay, the problem is that you placed a lot from your library or the gallery and it lost it's lot type setting, essentially making it a generic community lot. To verify that this is the case, go into build mode, click the lot info icon. The lot type on the left should say "Residential" if it is instead a colored square with a number in it and it just says "Name" underneath, then your lot is not a residential lot anymore.

You can't change the lot type while someone is living on the lot, so to resolve this problem:
    1. Temporarily move your family to another lot.
    2. Go into Manage Worlds and edit the lot while no one is living there.
    3. Change the lot type to Residential
    4. Move your family back in.

"UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • Options
    Sakja123Sakja123 Posts: 26 New Member
    This has been happening to my game since the update. Sims visit and stay all night. Before the update, they would leave at a decent hour. I travel to a venue with them and leave them there.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Thanks for the fix guys! Will try it in my game now
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Quinn23Quinn23 Posts: 95 Member
    I frequently have the same problem. Invite him to the park then go home alone. Works for me every time.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I had this last night when a friend of single mother's teen daughter would never leave (3 days). The last straw was when mum's energy meter was in the red and the friend was playing loud video game. I tried and tried to get the ask to leave option, but it would not show up. Eventually, I turned to the mean category - whew what an argument - she left after kicking over the trash can. she hasn't been back since :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Penny848Penny848 Posts: 1,872 Member
    Same things happening to me. But the sim who is calling my house home at least cleans and looks after their newborn baby twins! If she keeps this up, she's welcome to stay, just stop eating my food!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I had this last night when a friend of single mother's teen daughter would never leave (3 days). The last straw was when mum's energy meter was in the red and the friend was playing loud video game. I tried and tried to get the ask to leave option, but it would not show up. Eventually, I turned to the mean category - whew what an argument - she left after kicking over the trash can. she hasn't been back since :)
    Penny848 wrote: »
    Same things happening to me. But the sim who is calling my house home at least cleans and looks after their newborn baby twins! If she keeps this up, she's welcome to stay, just stop eating my food!

Move out, fix the lot type, move back in.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    jlothian47jlothian47 Posts: 2 New Member
    I had a birthday party for one of the kids now I have 4 extra sims in the house that won't leave, I will try to take all my sims to the park tomorrow and see if they will leave. Two were guests invited and two are people hired to help with the party. Problem is they are taking the beds so my sims don't have a place to sleep will have to add beds just for them to sleep.
  • Options
    jlothian47jlothian47 Posts: 2 New Member
    netguysteve was right I had loaded a lot from the gallery, and it was showing as generic when I went into manage world and changed the lot type. I will see if the next party people will leave when the party is over. This was the first time loading a house from the gallery. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    chocolatequeen17chocolatequeen17 Posts: 31 Member
    I had the same issue my sims brothers came to visit and won't leave. I tried everything to get them to go but nothing worked. So I went to manage household to have them go home that way. They were already home when I went back to my new family they were no longer there.
  • Options
    entheendentheend Posts: 2 New Member
    I had a birthday party. My Sim aged up. I was given a silver medal. Then after the party ended the caterer, entertainer, and mixologist won't leave. When I click on them I don't have the option to ask them to leave either. I have tried resetsim and that doesn't work. They sleep, eat, swim pretty much everything except go home. One of them is my married sim's boyfriend so this is a problem.
  • Options
    magicme4492magicme4492 Posts: 25 New Member
    I have this same problem now with two sims that WONT LEAVE. I'm scarred, though, and scared to leave the lot and come back, because last time I did that to get rid of a moved-out family member I came back and he had DIED-he was no where to be seen and I checked the relationships panel and he had turned to a ghost. No urn. Sadness.
  • Options
    simsaholic77simsaholic77 Posts: 307 Member
    I traveled to a location with the guests and came back home alone.
  • Options
    RonniBonniRonniBonni Posts: 1 New Member
    I've had the same problem with my Sim's guests recently. Except now whenever they try to eat my food I reset them. It doesn't send them back home but it poofs them right next to where they were standing and they stop what they were doing. They've stopped eating and sleeping now... It's been two days and I think I'm getting close to killing them all...
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Since new patch, I get twins everytime and random people come to my house and never leave so I pretend they are live in nannies.lol
  • Options
    Quinn23Quinn23 Posts: 95 Member
    I traveled to a location with the guests and came back home alone.

This works every time.
  • Options
    justbricejustbrice Posts: 353 Member
    I had that problem when I uploaded a custom content house. Almost the whole neighborhood was inside from top to bottom floors. I couldn't get them to leave if I went to the 'Go away' option, testingcheatsenabled true, and moveobjects on. I put a gate to keep the neighbors from entering the house. It works. The only thing is if you want to talk to a neighbor face-to-face, then you have to go to the sidewalk or to a community lot. Also, you make sure there's lots of room between the gate and stairs (if have one going up to your front door.) Otherwise, your sim won't be able to enter the house. They need to fix it. Hopefully, the next patch update.
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    edited December 2014
    This is so annoying, Every time I have a party, they never leave. I have to go to a different lot with them all, then ditch them and run home!

Edit: I see! it seems that all the residential lot turned generic! so you have to make it "residential". That's so dumb!
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    eternalisedeternalised Posts: 60 Member
    I had the same problem, and like CreoleSim mentioned, it was because for some reason all my residential lots turned into generic lots. Go into "build mode" and then click on the "i" on top of the screen, you can change it back to residential there.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    CreoleSim wrote: »
    This is so annoying, Every time I have a party, they never leave. I have to go to a different lot with them all, then ditch them and run home!

Edit: I see! it seems that all the residential lot turned generic! so you have to make it "residential". That's so dumb!

Your avatar looks a lot like my brother.....and we're from Louisiana.....now you're freaking me out. I know he doesn't play Sims but still.....spooky.