Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want your opinions (SURVEY COMPLETED)

Comments

• Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Done. Very interesting survey. I'm pretty sure I'm part of a minority on my thoughts on ts4. So I'm looking forward to the results.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I did it with my windows phone and everything went well, but there was a problem with choosing the numbers for the ranking
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Hope you get to 100, the results will be interesting.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    katdobkatdob Posts: 23 Member
    I've done it too :)
  • Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    All done. Looking forward to the result as well. :)
  • Options
    lauren5509lauren5509 Posts: 78 Member
    I took it!
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    Happy holidays, post-holidays and pre-2015 to all Sims 4 Simmers and Frienemies.

I am going to invite you all to be a part of my little experiment. I promise it won't hurt (Unless you like that sort of thing, in which case this is a T rated forum so you'll have to use your imagination there)

Background on PsychYourMind08: I graduated college with a BA in PR and advertising. I am interning now and am not doing the "big-league" stuff I was taught to do and don't want my skills to fade, so I am going to harass you all!

I originally posted this in this thread, but had a change of heart in not making it its own post when I realized my findings would not be accurate nor fair if I did not give a chance to include the entire "Sims4forum" universe in my sample.

So here I am, being a pest.

SO here's how this works:

You click the link I provide below. You answer 10 questions - 2 of which are open ended (for good reason) and you submit. Boom. You're done.
    This process will last a week, or as long as Surveymonkey lets me keep it open.
    **I wasn't sure if there was an option to set the close date because I am lazy. If you read this and try to take the survey and it is down, surveymonkey closed it. But if I have my way, This survey wil remain open until 11:59 EST on Sunday January 4. 2015 if you're interested in revisiting.

No, you don't need to give away details. No, you won't see anyone else's answers. Only I can see them (muahahaha)

After all is said an done: *If I get over 80 responses, I'll make a case study out of it and post it on here. What is a case study? It's a huge freaking research project aimed at a specific "case", offering background information, research findings, and insight and ideas as to how to improve something. There's a better way of explaining, but I won't get too into it. I'm not your teacher I'm just a bored graduate.
    *I can only get the first 100 responses with a free account, and I'm too cheap to upgrade.

If I don't get over 80? Well I won't leave you high and dry: I'll post my findings. This is more than a poll, I'm trying to paint a picture of fan reactions with data. Yay data!

Who is this targeting? This can be for the entire forum. Anyone who has an opinion of Sims 4. It is mainly geared towards those with a negative view because frankly, I want to know what's going on in the heads of those who are disappointed most. Who are they? Do they really know this game? Why are they bummed? How can they be reeled back in? You know, businessy questions. Plus from a logical standpoint, negative nancies make a bigger impact in your sales because hey, apparently word travels and people are tight with money. Who knew?

I don't work for EA and I am quite sure they are busy doing their own research across all platforms but I'll actually show you what I gather, and It's only for this forum (because you guys are so special to me <3 )

So if you want to kill some time and be a part of my little creation, just go here; it is surveymonkey, so no worries. No bad things (unless you hate questions, then it might be bad things):

Survey!

For Clarification: Question number 8 is a ranking question. Rank each game according to where you feel it fits. If Sims 2 is your favorite, It will be 1. IF Sims 4 is your second favorite, than it is 2. And so on. If you did this backwards let me know and tell me what your rankings were so I can try to take note.

I have things to do tonight but I will do your survey tomorrow morning. Happy Simming :)
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    Finished :)
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    well, did.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    Added my 2 cents as well
  • Options
    apenguin808apenguin808 Posts: 15 Member
    Finished the survery :) Good luck with your project
  • Options
    s_al87s_al87 Posts: 70 Member
    Did your survey :smile:
    Only started posting recently after lurking on the forums for 5 years! :)
  • Options
    MzMonikkiMzMonikki Posts: 56 Member
    Done, but can I ask, what are you going to do with the results? My advance apologies if this question was already answered. I didn't see it.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    MzMonikki wrote: »
    Done, but can I ask, what are you going to do with the results? My advance apologies if this question was already answered. I didn't see it.

She's said she's going to collate and interpret the best she can and then report back to us all. :smile:
  • Options
    GeminiJake01GeminiJake01 Posts: 215 Member
    I took the survey, thanks. :)
    bff0ff84-f32f-4ab7-9f3e-99681d841a1c_zpsxwxnn1qm.jpg
    If only life was as simple as the sims...
    ♣♣♣♣ My Builds Thread ♣♣♣♣
    ♣♣♣♣ My Gallery ♣♣♣♣
    ♣♣♣♣Origin ID: TwinSimmers24♣♣♣♣
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    MzMonikki wrote: »

She's said she's going to collate and interpret the best she can and then report back to us all. :smile:

It's so exciting :grinning:
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    How much more people are needed before we can see the results?
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    100 is the maximum without the OP having to pay. She said she would leave it a week but at this rate I guess she's getting near 100 so may not need a week. @PsychYourMind08‌ I hope you don't mind me replying to the best of my ability seeing as I've not seen you here ATM :smile:
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Completed. Would love to see the results.

kim :\
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    Finished survey.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    100 is the maximum without the OP having to pay. She said she would leave it a week but at this rate I guess she's getting near 100 so may not need a week. @PsychYourMind08‌ I hope you don't mind me replying to the best of my ability seeing as I've not seen you here ATM :smile:

@Sparkfairy1 it's no problem! Thank you for doing so, I've been at work all day and you've actually really helped lol.
    You answered all of the questions for me!

Anyway to all:

I have great news,
    I have good news,
    and of course
    I have some bad news.

The good news? I got up to 100 responses! The GREAT news? I got OVER - actually up to 127 as I type this. Now the bad news? It cut off 7 of you. I will ask around to see if next time I do one of these I can have it open. But as of right now, this survey host can only allow me 100 responses.

As I said in an earlier post: I'd love to take these all and make a huge project out of them - as in a case study. However doing this may be out of the question (at least to its full extent) as I'd need more information not within my means and a team of people working with me, preferable people who are good with numbers (If you feel up to the challenge, let me know and we can talk about tag-teaming a research project in the future)
    Also, as a few of you have mentioned, 2 of the questions were a bit confusing and/or glitched. So I'll still include them in my overall interpretation, but I'm not basing a lot off of these two particular questions just because they may be a bit fudged.

Stay tuned - I'll have the results up by next Monday at the latest (I have to work and deal with some family stuff) Although most likely sooner. I'll keep this thread updated in my progress. I'm already finding a few trends within your responses so it should be fairly easy to interpret. Thank you all so much again!

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Done. You might need to repost it at this rate =P
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Done. You might need to repost it at this rate =P

I think I may look for other sites to host surveys on for the future. I didn't even think I'd get 50 responses, lol.
  • Options
    My pleasure @PsychYourMind08‌, always willing to help :smile:

Thank you for doing this-it's awesome and very kind of you to lend your talent to the community :smile:
  • Options
    My pleasure @PsychYourMind08‌, always willing to help :smile:

Thank you for doing this-it's awesome and very kind of you to lend your talent to the community :smile:

So many others do it, I wanted to try my hand at it as well.

This will be my "trial run" so to speak. Hopefully this goes places!