Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do people want this option?

Comments

• Options
    cohenmariomancohenmarioman Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Banj wrote:
    If the sliders were put in, maybe there could be a limit on what you were allowed to upload onto the exchange. You could have your fun on your computer, but others wouldn't see the mass of big chested sims.

What is your problem with large breasts? If you don't like them you're not forced to use them but the option should be there for people who don't want all their skinnies to look like 15 year old boys.

I have zero problem with large breast, but in the favor of the games success, I am against chest sliders. I don't even think about my sims chest while I am playing, it just isn't what I focus on. They all look nice, even if you believe they are like 15 year old boys.

EDIT: No need to double post the same exact thing. Are you trying to get my attention?
  • Options
    SJane3384SJane3384 Posts: 516 New Member
    edited June 2009
    1) I don't believe that just because we have the option for bigger breasts, 40% of the Sims on the exchange will have them. Maybe at first just because it's a new option, but I think eventually people would go back to trying to make very realistic looking sims...much like what is on the exchange now.

2) Giving us a breast slider alone does not put undue focus on a specific body part. The way I see it, the game does a pretty good job of imitating other real body proportions with both sliders. I was able to make Sim Me with the right size hips and butt, but definitely not breasts (I'm a natural "D" cup...so also don't go saying anything over a "C" is automatically implants). Adding in just a breast slider would make the body shape customization perfect IMO.

However

Even though it would be an awesome improvement, and even though it wouldn't create an M Rating, I seriously doubt Maxis is going to give us this option. I mean, think about it...how exactly would they advertise it in an EP? Can you really see them putting something like "New breast size slider allows for sims to have more natural chests" on the box? I definitely can't...
  • Options
    SidNitzerglobinSidNitzerglobin Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I actually prefer a B or C myself, but I guess it comes down to personal taste and relative proportions.

I spose if the new max was around a C cup, I'd be sliding it up to the max most of the time. Dolly Parton style mamories are necessary for some unique sims however.

I would say that if they add breast scaling, it should apply to both sexes however. I've already got a few sims that are just screaming for bigger man-*****.
  • Options
    savethe6thsavethe6th Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Some women have large breasts and aren't overweight. These women would like to make a simself that looks like them, but they can't. I sadly don't have this problem... :)
  • Options
    TwilightxPrinceTwilightxPrince Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Banj wrote:
    If the sliders were put in, maybe there could be a limit on what you were allowed to upload onto the exchange. You could have your fun on your computer, but others wouldn't see the mass of big chested sims.

What is your problem with large breasts? If you don't like them you're not forced to use them but the option should be there for people who don't want all their skinnies to look like 15 year old boys.

I have zero problem with large breast, but in the favor of the games success, I am against chest sliders. I don't even think about my sims chest while I am playing, it just isn't what I focus on. They all look nice, even if you believe they are like 15 year old boys.

EDIT: No need to double post the same exact thing. Are you trying to get my attention?

In favor of the game's success? What, you honestly think Sims with big breasts will cause the game to do poorly or drop in sales? If anything it'd sell more. I seriously have to question your reasoning now. It seems to me this whole thread is just so you can reassure yourself that it would be perverted to include breasts in this game or that you yourself aren't a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ. I didn't buy that whole "How do I know about this other pervy game? I read it in a magazine" story earlier :roll:

And that was horrible, it was obvious her double post was an accident.
  • Options
    morsmordremorsmordre Posts: 990 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If there's gonna be a breast slider, there has to be one for the butt, hips, shoulders, etc.. you see where I'm going?
  • Options
    WickedLovelyWickedLovely Posts: 177 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Even if someone wanted to make bigger breast just because they wanted huge ones on a sim. What does it matter to you? It's their game, they're going to play it how they want.
  • Options
    MeaslesMeasles Posts: 94 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have zero problem with large breast, but in the favor of the games success, I am against chest sliders.

That makes no sense. This slider has the potential to help the games success by allowing people to make even more true-to-life sims. It has the potential to also just not have any effect on success at all, but still make fans who want it happy.

I can't think of any way it would be detrimental to the games' success though.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited June 2009
    Most wrestling games are rated teen and yet their 'bust' sliders are capable of going up to ridiculous levels, primarily all I'm asking for is more body customization so my sims don't look like they came from a factory production line.
    raw
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    morsmordre wrote:
    If there's gonna be a breast slider, there has to be one for the butt, hips, shoulders, etc.. you see where I'm going?

Most definitely, I think they need sliders for each of these dimensions.
  • Options
    SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited June 2009
    err check the below post lol
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SimmieK wrote:
    How does wanting bigger breasts make you a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ? just curious?
  • Options
    MytrinityMytrinity Posts: 134 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I dont think it has anything to do with being a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ for most. I personaly have wondered why that was not an option, also why we can adjust height, hair lenght ect.

Its about making them more real and different from any other sim. Yes we can adjust weight, face hair color and so.. but to be more realistic, we all dont have the same breast size now to we? nope lol

You know EA can always make EP packs for Adult only rated Muture and must require ID to buy. Im not talking about **** LOL just more options to really make our sims look REAL.

• Options
    cohenmariomancohenmarioman Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Banj wrote:

In favor of the game's success? What, you honestly think Sims with big breasts will cause the game to do poorly or drop in sales? If anything it'd sell more. I seriously have to question your reasoning now. It seems to me this whole thread is just so you can reassure yourself that it would be perverted to include breasts in this game or that you yourself aren't a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ. I didn't buy that whole "How do I know about this other pervy game? I read it in a magazine" story earlier :roll:

By the games success, I meant in legal cases, or in rating issues. Image if a mother walks in on her child (I realize tons of adults play sims also) playing a sim with size EE breast (know I am exagerating) size. What would she thing, it wasn't such a good game to buy her child, so she would return it, and hve every reason to get her money back.

And about the other pervy game, you are right, I didn't read it in a magazine, I saw it on X-play on a report on Adult rated games and how GTA SA would be if it was rerated.
  • Options
    mzpink98mzpink98 Posts: 555 Member
    edited June 2009
    SJane3384 wrote:
    1)However

Even though it would be an awesome improvement, and even though it wouldn't create an M Rating, I seriously doubt Maxis is going to give us this option. I mean, think about it...how exactly would they advertise it in an EP? Can you really see them putting something like "New breast size slider allows for sims to have more natural chests" on the box? I definitely can't...

But they could advertise by saying they have several new body sliders for further customization. Like thighs, butt, stomatch, shoulder width, height, breasts, arms, and legs.

I think if we are going to have one we should have them all. Especially, height!!!
  • Options
    LoracanneLoracanne Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I deffo want this option, it doesn't make me a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ either. The Sims chests aren't flat enough on the thin sims so I would like the option of making them flatter to make my sim more like me ha ha :D
    While we're on this track, why the heck isn't there a height option? Isn't it supposed to be a simulation of real life? In real life peoples height can vary greatly regardless of their age!
  • Options
    TwilightxPrinceTwilightxPrince Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Banj wrote:

By the games success, I meant in legal cases, or in rating issues. Image if a mother walks in on her child (I realize tons of adults play sims also) playing a sim with size EE breast (know I am exagerating) size. What would she thing, it wasn't such a good game to buy her child, so she would return it, and hve every reason to get her money back.

Seriously .__. ?

Again, I think bigger breasts would be the least of a mother's concern. If she's a mother chances are she's no stranger to big breasts. Any woman offended by their kids playing a game with well endowed (fully clothed) characters would probably be more offended by the already included WooHooing, rose petals and giggling and all. I think you're the only one whose feathers are ruffled by this concept. You need to relax and realize that breasts are only sexual to the sexually minded.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I personally wouldn't mind my sim having bigger breasts. I mean the only way to get her breasts bigger is to make her fatter. :shock:
  • Options
    edited June 2009

And about the other pervy game, you are right, I didn't read it in a magazine, I saw it on X-play on a report on Adult rated games and how GTA SA would be if it was rerated.

That would be that mother's decision, but it also would not be grounds for a law suit or anything of that nature. If she would be upset by large breasts on a sim, the she'd surely be upset by woohooing sims. So she takes the game away and the kid goes to google image search. You have no valid arguments so why are you still arguing?

You deserve to use my Forum Troll avatar more than I do.
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Maybe the mom needs to loosen the apron strings a bit if she has an issue with their teenager playing a game with clothed/censored semi-cartoon avatars that can have variable sized breasts. Either that or take some initiative and not let the kid buy the game and/or take it away if they do have a problem with it.

I'm pretty sure Sims3 would be plenty successful with only 17+ year old customers. By that stage in their development, I would hope most of these kids would not be scarred for life by exposure to clothed pixelated breasts, whatever their size may be.
  • Options
    kylemesakylemesa Posts: 253 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Why do people want the option to adjust breast size? Are they ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ, or just looking to make their sim have small *****? You know everyone will put it on max, so why argue for it, it would really just appeal to one group of people, the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ, in my opinion. Besides that, it would most likely make the game rated M for mature.

I'm going to ignore all the posts people have feed to you and just say this...

You sir, are relatively judgmental.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited June 2009
    I can understand them not putting in a height alteration slider it would be a ****** to program, because you'd have to find some way for the sims to dynamically adjust their animations for differing heights.
    raw
  • Options
    StelloStello Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'd also like to have a **** size slider, because I like to keep my game realistic, and in reality, there's more variation on that department.

Also, I'd actually like to have such slider for male sims as well, to create man ****** Now, I haven't actually created an overweight male sim yet, so I don't know if they would have such part on their body or not, but in reality, there are many different body types in all sizes, so it would be nice to have that variety available in The Sims 3, too.

(Having said that, I WOULD like to see sliders for other body parts, too, for both female and male sims. For example, women can be overweight on top or bottom only, but you can't adjust that in the game now.)
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited June 2009
    Personally...I would like a slider for that because to be honest...I'm Packin' a Pair! I tried to make my "Sim Me" and guess what...even when I set it to "fat" (which...gotta say...I'm packin' that too! LOL) The breasts were STILL out of proportion.

However...I would ALSO like that option available on my sim MALES. Only on the males, it wouldn't act as a "Breast" slider, but rather a shoulder/chest slider. When I was trying to make my Sim Honey right after the Sim Me, I couldn't do him either. Why? Because he is barrel chested, but has no butt and his legs aren't overly muscled. In order to get his chest and shoulders the right size, I had to make him fat and muscular which gave him some seriously bulging thighs and a HUGE butt. So yeah...we could use more tools to make some more realistic body types.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    funny-pictures-cat-is-wearing-a-grump.jpg

That is all.