Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do you play The Sims???

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    @Shadoza2:

So we owe it to your daughter that your here today? That's pretty awesome :) !!!
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I have always played the Sims to escape real life.

The Sims has been my "other family" for so many years!
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    @charlotteprice:

Yeah the Sims has always been like a second family for me as well. :)
    In a way I guess it always will be.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    To be honest I don't know why. It's not a game I escape as much as Civ, I tend to have a purpose when I'm playing. But I do know I like it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Minecraftlover12Minecraftlover12 Posts: 71 Member
    So I can have the power over others life's! >:)

And I enjoy making them get to the top of their career, complete their lifetime wish or kill my sims for fun (I'm a psycho!) Another reason is that I was ill for 4 years and it helped having a distraction.

Mae, (I'm telling you my name because I hate my username)
    tumblr_lujfqhjqex1qkmpj8o1_500.gif

Origin ID: MaeCaitlin
  • Options
    KingPlumbobKingPlumbob Posts: 91 New Member
    Because I'm a hardcore simmer, I always loved the franchise with a passion. :)
  • Options
    HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    I play The Sims because it's fun to watch virtual people do stuff that you want them to do. I like to create sims that look like characters from different videogames and then make them do stuff they normally wouldn't do (kinda like OOC).
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
  • Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    It's a stress relief, and fun, I like being creative.
  • Options
    whitemage_annwhitemage_ann Posts: 63 Member
    I enjoy creating custom content for my sims. It allows me to practice some of my graphic arts skills I learned in college, since I have not been able to work in my degree field.
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I like to create sims, houses and their stories. And to me it's a classic game, I play it on and off since 2001.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    bewmmmmbewmmmm Posts: 84 Member
    Building
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    The biggest reason I keep coming back is to create. I love making sims and houses! I only play on rare occasion now. I love all the creative tools sims 3 gives me, and the cas in sims 4 is awesome! I enjoy taking pictures of my creations, and sharing them on mts.

I also come back to sims because I like this community and coming back and posting!
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    I love making generations in families and doing challenges.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    I like to be in control. If I can't control what happens in my life then at least I can control my sims :)
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    Cos I wanna live another lives :3
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    I like to roleplay that my starting sim is a reformed criminal and out to redeem themselves. So, more often that not, my favorite career to join is law enforcement and then we go from there.

Also what makes me laugh about The Sims is that your male sim can go around and impregnate all the town's women with no consequence.